THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Severe Acid Reflux

I've been singing for years, now im 18, and recently have been taking voice instruction from RYV and SS, finally finding my mix, but no matter what I always thought there was a spot in my mouth i just couldnt reach or hit, and progress was not happening. It was always a question of whether id be in the condition to sing the next minute or not, waking up with sore throats daily and on a lucky day i would have no sour taste in my mouth and there would be some progress. either way i could never last more than about 5 songs no matter what the range.

I checked up with a doctor who claimed it was post nasal drip, and my vocal cords were healthy, but after the medication prescribed did not work, my suspicions of having acid reflux slowly developed.
and yes, i went to a gastroenterologist on monday, did a gastroscopy and was diagnosed with severe acid reflux, which the doctor stated that ive had my entire life. Since then its been a few days and im on a new diet and Nexium 40mg pills, 2 a day, morning and evening. Its kind of a relief that i was diagnosed since i knew something was wrong, even though it took me a while to notice because i was so used to it.
I'm really keen on treating it asap, will stick to my diet and pills, also going to the army in a few days, but I will also have a doctors note for a special diet there.

My question here is, I want to treat it as fast as possible, and get to my full singing potential, because theres so many ideas that i have that i would like to develop in my songwriting, and besides my diet and medication I want to know if anyone who was in a similar case has any suggestions for anything else i might do that will be beneficial for my treatment?

edit: also, no esophagitis was diagnosed.

Re: Severe Acid Reflux

in answer to your question directly:
get off the medication and do a water fast.

being disease free and never getting sick ever again is possible. It comes down to how much you're willing to change and how badly you want perfect health. And it involves taking responsibility for your health, and removing doctors and pills from your life. Pills mask problems that are there, and will continue to be there. "health care" is all about "treating" the "patient" ie. making a life customer out of you.

Much of what we eat today isn't food and far too much dead animal corpses sorry, "meat" this is where the problems begin. There is far too much for me to write in a single post, especially when you may not be interested as most aren't when I give them the simple yet the truthful advice. If many people are interested I'll start a post on health. ANyway So I'll give you the nut-shell without all the details:

remove fake, artificial and dead foods from your diet completely!!Only eat what occurs in nature.

If you do this, you will never get sick again. If you think you are already doing this and you are getting health problems, then you are wrong.

This isn't something I'm just quoting, this is what I've been doing for a long time. Your doctor is only a doctor because he spent a few years indoctrinating himself by chant learning pre-planned answers to fill in blanks to get a grade. This is the same as any other business industry.

the quickest way to get rid of health problems is fasting. There is a lot of drivel about "fasting is starvation", it comes from people who have never tried it, they simply read some "scientific evidence" and committed it as fact without trying it themselves (this is a belief system), belief systems can prevent you from experience some of the best things in life.

There is no money in health and this is why cancer will always be a "mystery"

There are two ways to "remove" acid reflux.

1. Make it a habit drinking Bragg's apple cider vinegar...like 3x a day.

2. Even though this is not the healthiest way, try drinking baking soda, mix it with water. And it should work.

One thing about vinegar. I read (from the web...) that it may be be unhealthy for teeth. So avoid brushing teeth or eating food after taking cinegar. But consult your dentist or doctor if in doubt!