THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: The Ultimate Truth About Singing

The guy sounds like crap.

To add something more constructive; if RYV isn't enough, try Brett Manning's singing success. i am sure there are many people on this forum that would agree that Singing Success is one of the best as far as self-help programs go.

Wow i just looked at personal lesson ...$65 for a half hour.. yikes. If you were planning on spending that much money go with Jaime (not sure but I think he is cheaper and you already know he is good)

Cvt is also great to add to the "library"
and James lugo's vocal asylum, both great and opened up many voices :P

CVT is a little bit expensive but trully amazing!, it really completes all the information needed.

Well compared to Singing Success CVT is a bargain

I went ahead and bought the ultimate truth about singing. Pretty nice stuff.

That program title is a bit...over the top :)

How is the content?

In the end, I would support any program that is based on good technique that wont hurt a singers voice. I love Brett's stuff and Lugo's too. I like Cathrine's book as well. Haven't heard of this new site. Hope you like the program and it helps you. I didn't check out the guys voice, but I know that John King stays pretty informative on this kind of stuff, and if you have Brett's program, you probably already have all the scales you need. Needless to say, if you find the ultimate program helpful, I may review it for the others on this site:)

Jaime Vendera
In the end, I would support any program that is based on good technique that wont hurt a singers voice. I love Brett's stuff and Lugo's too. I like Cathrine's book as well. Haven't heard of this new site. Hope you like the program and it helps you. I didn't check out the guys voice, but I know that John King stays pretty informative on this kind of stuff, and if you have Brett's program, you probably already have all the scales you need. Needless to say, if you find the ultimate program helpful, I may review it for the others on this site:)

Thank you Jaime, that really means a lot. I have always wondered if I was making a good contribution to this forum.

Absolutely John, this forum, although its focus was for RYV students, I am completely fine with singers discussing different programs. The voice is completely different from any other instrument, and although I feel I have a decent approach to vocal training, it doesn't mean that RYV is the be all end all. People learn and understand in different ways and singers especially need to be able to relate to what is going on. So if anyone on here benefits from Brett or James or Cathrine or any teacher for that matter, I am very happy for them. That is the reason I had several coaches write articles in RYV; to open the doors for people to learn about other methods:)

Hey Jamie, I think your program is really the best for high notes. The ultimate truth guy is about the timbre of the voice and he works mainly on vowels like going back and forth between ee and eh. It really helped my tone, it just sounds better now after a few days. I think I am going to use this guys method along with RYV. Thanks JAmie for everything. You the King!

Great to hear:) You can also do the same with the Isolation exercises. When I have a private student, we do all sorts of crazy things from changing vowel falsetto slide, working with all vowels, to quadruple Siren Walkdowns. May not make much sense unless you are one of my students;) Didn't put it in the book because the book is the basis of the system and I tell you in there that you are free to explore other ways to use the exercises;)

I only mix it up with individuals based on what they need.

Thanks Jamie. It sure is working good together. I would recommend it to anyone to try. Beside they give a 60 day money back thing on your purchase.

Personally, I wouldn't go for it. I have James Lugo's program too, and together with RYV, I'm fine. I really don't want to do too many programs.

I LOVE Lugo's prorgram. He's an amazing coach and has great exercises. He really understands rock!