THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Falsetto
I'm a little confused on having read about falsetto in this book. If it is described as just a breathy tone, used as a color to the voice why does it say in the beginning of the book that you should never sing in this way. And also, if this is he case, why does a bre...
Views: 302   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 28, 2008 9:29am
by oiselle
Well, I'm not dead
Hey guys. Finally got power back after Hurricane Ike. I'm getting a little discouraged with my training though. I want so badly to sing Journey material and it seems like I'm far from my goal. Just gotta keep trying and practicing I guess. Anyway(you want it)s, just...
Views: 197   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 28, 2008 9:27am
by oiselle
Singing above the break
Hey, guys. I have noticed a lot of people talking about singing above their break, which obviously means that they are using head voice register. I can sing above my break, but I can't tell if I am using "head voice", falsetto, or reinforced falsetto. Can someone tel...
Views: 257   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 28, 2008 9:21am
by oiselle
Views: 159   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 27, 2008 7:17pm
by operasinger
Massive improvement in a week !
Hello Jamie and all. Im so amazed how much my voice improved, i havent even finished the book yet, 50 more pages to go. but im feeling this massive improvement in my voice already. ok, some of you know that Im a regular busker, who performs in front of 500-1...
Views: 179   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 27, 2008 2:22pm
by oiselle
d
Dillon
RYV Journey
Well, I like most of you started doing the exercises here by there to the point where they are second nature. I have talked to Jamie a few times and this is pretty unreal. I still can not do all the exercises, but what I have done is found alot of interesting thing...
Views: 254   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 26, 2008 8:57am
by Jaime Vendera
Slight Uncomfortable Feeling! Help!
Hello, DARKRonnoc here. I was just wondering what the possible causes of a slight uncomfortable feeling on the vocal cords from about F4# to B4 could mean. It hurts a little, and I'm not shouting or anything. Just when I try to sing up there in full voice, I get this...
Views: 233   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 25, 2008 11:22pm
by DARKRonnoc
v
Vinnie
I think I'm getting worse
I practice all the exercises a lot every day, and yesterday I took a day off to see if it was vocal fatigue or something. But I can barely do a transcending tone on D4 now. My falsetto slides always sound perfect, no break or whatever, they get better every day. But...
Views: 363   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 24, 2008 9:08pm
by Skullsplitter
Question for Tim McArthy
Hey, Tim. Just had a quick question for you: Where was your range when you started the RYV program and how does it compare now? I ask because you stated that you have been practicing Journey material and then you said that a few months ago you couldn't of dreamed...
Views: 154   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 24, 2008 1:33am
by DARKRonnoc
Encouragement from The Legend-Jimmy Page from Led Zeppelin
Hi everyone. this is Taeko, im a Japanese girl living in London England. I used to work in a video store which was near by his london house. His son still works in an organic grocery store in the same area too. Kengington is a hot spot for rockstars and cel...
Views: 422   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 23, 2008 11:35am
by Taeko, the Japan...
j
Jason
Blood type diets.
Hey guys, the vocal coach I'm working with right now believes in being bodily healthy as well as vocally, so she recommended dieting to remove a lot of the junk and toxic foods I normally eat. She told me about blood type diets and they seemed to make sense, so I...
Views: 253   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 23, 2008 2:28am
by Jason
New Tony Harnell Solo Demo!!!
Due to strong demand for new material, Tony has made 6 high quality song demos available to his fans. Recorded in Sweden for his upcoming solo album between 2006 and 2007. Three of the songs were featured on My Space, including the fan favorite "The Show". Not...
Views: 253   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 22, 2008 11:25am
by Jaime Vendera
Shaun Morgan of Seether
Hi, I was listening to this band on their myspace (http://www.myspace.com/seether). Shaun Morgan (the singer) has become a great singer over the years, I'm wondering how he can produce that full voice grit you can listen for example in the refrain of 'Rise above thi...
Views: 189   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 21, 2008 12:32am
by Andrew Southwort...
Don't ya hate it when
You think of an amazing song that requires you to sing higher than what you can? It just happened to me and its like my mind is saying "Here, you've written something awesome, now lets see you sing it. Oh wait, you can't! haha, dork" I know i've just gotta ke...
Views: 340   Replies: 21
Last Post: Sep 20, 2008 9:00pm
by Tim McCarthy
v
Vinnie
Singing in the Shower?
I think I remember in the book somewhere about doing vocal warmups in the shower because of the steam, it's good for your voice. Well today I had trouble reaching an F4, and even the E4 was a little difficult. But after I took a shower I could hit a G4 and the notes...
Views: 210   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 19, 2008 6:15pm
by andy
Singing with a cold
I know there's a section in the book regarding the subject and there have probably been posts before, but what should I be doing today to maximize my potential for tonight? I've been sick, teeerrrribly sick all week and I'm feeling better but my voice still says it'...
Views: 250   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 19, 2008 2:12pm
by Jay Sin
I'm Back
Sorry for the delay guys. The recovery from the tonsillectomy has been absolutely brutal and there have been a few complications including some middle of the night bleeding that required an emergency trip to the doctor, but i'm functioning again. My voice is still go...
Views: 165   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 18, 2008 5:50am
by oiselle
taking a week off
i know in training its beneficial to take a week off every once in awhile. does this apply to the voice as well?
Views: 214   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 17, 2008 4:12pm
by mossman
v
Vinnie
Is it possible...
Is it possible for me to be able to hit an F#4-G4 one day, and then the next only up to an E4-F4? I did practice really hard yesterday because I was excited that my range was increasing, but my voice feels fine and there is no hoarseness or pain or anything. Is it...
Views: 265   Replies: 17
Last Post: Sep 17, 2008 4:04pm
by mossman
d
Dave
Starting week 2... Falsetto slide questions (Audio included)
So basically I went through week 1 fine. My range in general has reached to a strained A5 recently, which is pretty high for a 16 year old, at least in my area. However, I just started week 2 today, don't know what kind of falsetto to use since i've been playing a...
Views: 303   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 17, 2008 1:47pm
by Dave
z
ZiV
breathing habits
How do yo use the Ultimate Breathing Workout? each day once? play with the exercises during the day? How?
Views: 265   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 17, 2008 1:35pm
by Andrew Southwort...
l
Leigh
Finally!
after many hours of practicing, today i found that i can hit the high tones! thank you so much for your books and tips! someday i will take real lesson from you :) keep up the good works
Views: 193   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 17, 2008 8:50am
by Jaime Vendera
another fitness vid
if you want to get fit go to www.rockbodyfitness.com
Views: 164   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2008 2:28pm
by mossman
tongue touching roof of mouth when producing grit?
when you make your voice gritty, should the back of your tongue be pushed against the soft palate? I can do the gargling with and without water, and when I try to do the low grit examplt it sounds pretty close, but it feels like I am gargling, and my tonue is pushed...
Views: 224   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 16, 2008 12:19pm
by Jens
d
danney
correct way to breathe with diaphragm? (video included)
so which way is more correct in breathing with the diaphragm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-Cnjkv7kTM i used to use method 1 before, but a friend of mine who does diaphragmatic breathing showed me how to push the stomache in a different way (method 2) althoug...
Views: 290   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 16, 2008 8:18am
by danney
v
Vinnie
It's Working!!!
Today I practiced everything really hard, especially the Sirens, which I've only done a little bit like twice before today. But I really tried to do them and I did them as long as I could. Afterwords, I was kind of discouraged because my range seemed a little weaker...
Views: 281   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 15, 2008 9:00pm
by oiselle
t
taeko
cant open Zip file of RYV Audio Files
i tried to download the audio files from members only section few times, but it only says its broken or imcomplete so i cant open it. i used 2 different PCs to see if it keeps doing it. i havent managed to download the zip file correctly, i think it needs to...
Views: 225   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 15, 2008 11:10am
by taeko
fitness video
If you like what you see visit my website http://www.rockbodyfitness.com
Views: 215   Replies: 10
Last Post: Sep 15, 2008 8:46am
by Donrogg
Goals
Hey, I just wanted to ask about some peoples goals (just curious) in developing their voices. I believe that I read that Jamie wanted so badly to sound like Steve Perry of Journey (I may have imagined that), and I would also like to achieve the range that Steve Perry...
Views: 333   Replies: 19
Last Post: Sep 14, 2008 6:16pm
by Tim McCarthy
Hurricane
Hey guys, DARKRonnoc here. I'm down in Houston and hurricane Ike will arrive in about three to four hours. So, I may not be on for a while. Just wanted to let you know, I will past ASAP after the storm.
Views: 177   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 14, 2008 6:16pm
by Andrew Southwort...
j
Jens
pneumonia! Help!
i got sick this tuesday on thursday i went to the doctor and found out i had pneumonia... i got alot of medicines but the coughing has completly killed my voice... I can barely speak as it is right now and only very low down in my range and all the above has dissapp...
Views: 217   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 14, 2008 3:25pm
by tuba player
Gastroscopy
Hey all, I was wondering if anyone on here has ever had a Gastroscopy? If so is there anything I need to say or know (being a singer) to the doctor? I was going to ask my ENT tomorrow to see if they do this procedure..? Any help on these would be great Thank u
Views: 287   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 14, 2008 8:54am
by Open Mic
vendera digital vocal coach....
sorry i haven't been in here for a long long time, don't know what everything is like...so is the digital vocal coach out yet?
Views: 201   Replies: 2
Last Post: Sep 13, 2008 6:06pm
by uwedinho
Must Read
Whoever here is familier with couching, knows that another person who is not even a couch himself can help a lot with ones goals. Come on! Everyone on this forum has more goals more than an averge person that goes to work comes home and goes to sleep, and again wak...
Views: 441   Replies: 14
Last Post: Sep 13, 2008 1:14pm
by operasinger
Pulling chest voice?
I'm concerned that I may be pulling chest voice up and may not be using my head register. I've been imagining my resonance and all, but I still can't tell if I'm pulling. The reason I say this is because during my transcending tone exercises, my larynx feels like it...
Views: 365   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 13, 2008 12:46am
by The Fijian
v
Vinnie
Breath Support
I've been wondering why my range hasn't increased, even though I've been practicing every day. Technically it has increased up to F#4 from about D4 before. Yet I can't use these in an actual song, because it's like a mix voice, and not quite full voice. It's definite...
Views: 249   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 11, 2008 3:22pm
by Andrew Southwort...
Lita Ford
Hey guys, Lita Ford is recording is working on a new release. As you know, Lita was THE female icon of the 80's rock scene and my vocal coach/friend Jim Gillette's wife. They just started her myspace site at www.myspace.com/litaford. Jim asked me to ask all of you...
Views: 249   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 11, 2008 10:14am
by Jaime Vendera
t
taeko
Hi
Hi Jaime and everyone. I just bought "Raise your voice", looking forward to finish the book and start having proper exercises. I am a licenced busker on London Underground and I play the guitar and sing, play percussions(bass drum and castanets) all at the sam...
Views: 273   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 11, 2008 9:05am
by taeko
l
Leigh
how can i take Skype lessons from you?
thank you so much for the tips Jamie! as you said, if i can take some lesson from you through Skype, i want to. but i'm living in as asian country(South korea) and we have diffrent time zone.. like 8 hours of distance (faster). when can i take the lessons and wha...
Views: 261   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 11, 2008 8:41am
by Jaime Vendera
j
Jason
about the high notes...
Hello everyone, i'm having troubles with hiting high notes.. my voice goes like nerd when i try it. is there anyone who can help me? i'm doing excersises everyday but, i can not get it!
Views: 268   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 11, 2008 5:51am
by oiselle
l
Leigh
How can i get some Post-grunge style tone ?
Hello Jamie i'm one of the readers of your new book. thesedays i'm practicing hard to get some post-grunge style tone like Chester Bennington of Linkin Park, Lane Stanely of Alice In Chains, Kurt Cobain of Nirvana, Dry Cell, Phil Taylor(Machina), etc in this case,...
Views: 320   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 10, 2008 5:02am
by Leigh
Andrew Southworth
Hey eveyrone, I started singing again recently because i'm home alone a lot so I have the time to do it! Today I sang like 2 hours ish and I worked a bit on rasp/screaming stuff. What I noticed is that if I attempt to hold out a raspy thing for too long I start fe...
Views: 220   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 9, 2008 7:16pm
by Angelica
g
Go
Thanks to Jaime for Minset!
I´ve been studying eastern philosophy for about 10 years now, and everything seemed to be quite alright, but I don´t know... it didn´t just make that "click" on me, the spark that makes the fire start was missing. It´s just funny how things happe...
Views: 240   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 9, 2008 5:51am
by oiselle
A question for Jaime..
Jaime, I was asked what my vocal range was and I have no idea?! I'm not sure if you know, but you might have a better idea than me.. hahahaha! That sounds terrible I know. But anywho, how do I find out what my range is?
Views: 246   Replies: 6
Last Post: Sep 8, 2008 7:59pm
by Andrew Southwort...
Is your throat open - all the way?
Last night during band practice, I realized that I have been doing "Something" with my throat for years when I sing. I've been doing some different breathing exercises lately which have finally allowed me to have the "Right" breath. Like they all say, the natural b...
Views: 514   Replies: 12
Last Post: Sep 7, 2008 7:27am
by DARKRonnoc
Voice Yourself: September Newsletter!
Here it is: http://voiceyourselfintheclassroom.com/newsletter1sep08.html Send me an e-mail to be added to my mailing list at voiceyourselfintheclassroom@gmail.com Val
Views: 201   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 7, 2008 6:40am
by oiselle
Printing posts in B&W??
hey guys, i often have to print posts and take them home to read them...anyone know how I can do that in B&W??? I dont want to run the printer outta toner....
Views: 174   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 5, 2008 5:38pm
by oiselle
Post To AUSTIN JENKINS
Austin, I've contacted Jamie regarding making a post on my "My Space" page to promote the The Voice Connection and/or the logo/banner for RYV II. He referred me to you to assist, as you're his "go-to" man for the websites. Here's a portion of our email corre...
Views: 258   Replies: 11
Last Post: Sep 5, 2008 2:39pm
by Rychemaiden
another fitness vid
as you know your body is your instrument and its up to you to keep it finely tuned. this should help ya do it. if you like what you see check out my site http://www.rockbodyfitness.com
Views: 160   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 5, 2008 2:34pm
by mossman
Anyone heard of these 4 vocal function exercises?
I am currently participating in fellow voice student's honors project at college. The project is a experiment that sees how 4 speech therapy exercises done two times twice daily can also be beneficial to singers. I was picked to be the guinea pig since they knew I...
Views: 369   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 5, 2008 10:31am
by Jay Sin
How many notes in chest voice?
How many notes would chest voice normally encompass? I'm sure it varies for different people, but could someone give me sort of a general idea?
Views: 224   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 4, 2008 11:38pm
by tuba player
Singing with a sore throat?
Is singing with a sore throat alright? Or should I wait for it to pass? I woke up this morning and my throat felt dry and sore, so I'm not sure if it is due to the bacteria that causes strep throats or if it is due to irritation, like the heavy breathing and running...
Views: 199   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 4, 2008 2:05pm
by Jay Sin
Raspiness in TT and Full voice siren.
Hi Voice Connection, When I do my TT and Full voice sirens up to, and beyond E4..F4..F#4, I experience a vibration sensation in the sound and feel of my voice and throat. It feels and sounds much like a raspy, croaky feeling. I remember to try and feel as though I...
Views: 292   Replies: 7
Last Post: Sep 4, 2008 1:55pm
by oiselle
Testimonials and Pics
Hey Everyone, As usual we are always working to improve things around here. In fact, since I NOW have the perfect publishing team, we are doing a few minor changes to the books, such as fixing the loos resolution pics;) Anyways, I am looking for singers on here...
Views: 262   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 4, 2008 10:51am
by John King
Whistle Voice
My question is when should whistle voice kick in? Around what note? The reason I ask is because there is a definite different sensation in my falsetto, and a change in physical pressure around E5, and I was just wondering if that could possibly be whistle voice? And,...
Views: 204   Replies: 1
Last Post: Sep 4, 2008 9:36am
by Jens
Mr Bach interview
Ok so i've been totally checkin out, and hooked on this website and found that you are going to have an interview with Sebastian Bach(He is the reason I started 2 sing) I was wondering if this has happened? If so where can i find it? If it hasn't happened yet can yo...
Views: 396   Replies: 9
Last Post: Sep 3, 2008 12:13am
by Rock Out
Joomla anyone???
Hey guys, I am looking for a Joomla programmer to help me out on a small project. If anyone on here really knows how to tweak the Joomla coding, please email me at venderaj@msn.com...You'll get to work with me on one of my new sites;) This is just one specialty s...
Views: 268   Replies: 3
Last Post: Sep 2, 2008 6:23pm
by FrankSL
getting voice coordinations to stay
I have been using SS for 2 and a half years, and I got RYV about a week ago. They are both great voice programs, with great information and exercises, but it seems no matter how much I do the lip rolls, and humming, and nay nays, and slide's, and breathing exercises,...
Views: 232   Replies: 5
Last Post: Sep 2, 2008 12:42pm
by stratmastertj
m
Mag
May the virus spread...
Hey everyone ! Help us to spread the virus worldwide, hope you'll get infected !! Through this forum I also would like to take the opportunity to thank Jaime publicly for his great support all through my way as pro singer and vocal coach. A career is sth...
Views: 246   Replies: 4
Last Post: Sep 2, 2008 12:09pm
by oiselle
Throat problems: Chewbacca exercise, tongue pushps, & bullfrog question.
Okay, here is my main question about the Chewbacca exercise: Is your Uvula supposed to vibrate? When I "gargle without water", my Uvula vibrates. I was looking in the mirrior and doing this, and my Uvula was bending in half - as if the bottom half of it was bei...
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 1, 2008 6:25pm
by Skullsplitter
Yawning
Just tried yawning for a minute straight and I cant stop really yawning when I do it... There's no way I could do it for a minute.
Views: 219   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 31, 2008 11:54pm
by Andrew Southwort...
z
Zingr
Lump in throat
Hi Lately I have experienced that after singing it feels like I have a lump in my throat when i swallow. It also appears when I only sing very softly for a short time. I do a strech out before I practise. What can be the cause of this feeling?
Views: 283   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 31, 2008 5:08pm
by Jaime Vendera
Thanks again jaime
As I have gone through the RYV method I've learned feeling and being sensitive to the vibrations in your body... When returning to band and the tuba a thought occurred to me... "Even if I'm blowing into something that's making a sound, I'm still responsible for the...
Views: 190   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 31, 2008 10:17am
by Jaime Vendera
how far down should I take falsetto?
If I start in my falsetto voice, how far down should I take that voice using a slide? If I take it all the way down, there comes a point where it just donesn't go any lower, and I break into vocal fry/ super low chest. It is about a 1 octave break if I take it down t...
Views: 355   Replies: 16
Last Post: Aug 30, 2008 1:23pm
by stratmastertj
Problem solved
The issue I was having doing the messa di voce on my main break notes E,F,F#,G, (I only have a d# in chest but my timbre and passagio is more tenor so my teacher still claims me tenor)... So at that you can understand why I was so upset that I couldn't control...
Views: 205   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 29, 2008 11:35pm
by tuba player
how to keep ribs expanded?
obviously, your ribs expand when you breath in, but how do you expand them before you breath. I know there is a way to expand them without having to inhale. Any tips on how to do this?
Views: 249   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 29, 2008 2:49pm
by ZiV
MOVE AROUND.
It seems the past few months, I've forgotten the joy of singing, but I rediscovered it this morning. I'm running around my room screaming out raspy D5s, ******* off my family, but I don't care. It feels great! I suggest we all do this once in a while. Just lose...
Views: 243   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 29, 2008 2:42pm
by ZiV
Darkening The Tone
Hi Jaime, and the whole group! I'm a 18 year old baritone/tenor from Hungary. I have been practicing your system for a couple of weeks, i found my headvoice, eliminated the break. I can go high easily with a very clean, very sharp headvoice. And now the questions...
Views: 210   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 28, 2008 9:55am
by Jaime Vendera
Question(s) for Jamie
Hey Jamie, I was just wondering if during the transcending tone exercise if it was common to break and then "snap" to a full voice tone on the high notes (I just have been playing around with it, since I'm still on week two and just wanted to see what was in store fo...
Views: 209   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 28, 2008 9:54am
by Jaime Vendera
Guitarists
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5fTsEnXSBKw I know a lot of peeps here are singers and guitarists so I thought maybe you could check out my youtube thing at some lessons I have and any ideas for future ones/how to make them better. That video link I gave is just...
Views: 326   Replies: 13
Last Post: Aug 27, 2008 1:22pm
by LegatoMan
"Josh Todd" sound
I mentioned this in another thread, but thought I'd make one specifically about this "Tone." Does anyone have any tips on getting that Josh Todd rasp? I can't tell if it's full voice or what - but he's got that "Buzz" in there constantly. I saw them this past we...
Views: 265   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 27, 2008 2:52am
by John King
Need serious questions for new book
I cannot tell you what is going on right now but it I am working on another major book release that will blossom into DVDs and CDs as well. I need your help! I am looking for true honest questions to vocal problems you are having that you would like answered, such as...
Views: 962   Replies: 51
Last Post: Aug 26, 2008 11:29pm
by andy
King Diamond?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UTgNo6Fb9_g Besides the fact that before seeing this video i'd never heard of him before and yet everyone commenting the video seemed to think he was god and one even said he was "the best singer in metal", I thought this was extreme...
Views: 638   Replies: 40
Last Post: Aug 26, 2008 10:32pm
by oiselle
Siren variation
I had this idea of doing a slight variation of the basic siren mentioned in RYV2: http://www.badongo.com/audio/11045437 I thought of giving it some lofty name like the Ionian Descent or something. Anyway, it seems like it would encompass most of the benefits of t...
Views: 228   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 26, 2008 10:29pm
by ConcreteLake
Once I've completed the basic program/
When I've completed the basic program do I: a) Do Falsetto Slides, Transcending Tones and Sirens all in the same day (As specified in RYV2)? b) Perform the Falsetto Slide, Transcending Tone and Siren on alternating days (As specified in RYV1). Like Monday do FS...
Views: 286   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 26, 2008 10:10am
by Jaime Vendera
question for jaime
I just got raise your voice 2nd edition, and i have a question about the falsetto exercises. Those "falsetto" exersises are supposed to be done in an actual falseto, correct? Not a light head voice, or just a very quiet light tone that sounds kind of like falsetto? I...
Views: 213   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 26, 2008 10:07am
by Jaime Vendera
Practicing 2-3 times per day.
Due to work commitments I am practising technique in the morning (7:30-8:30) and considering practising actual material in the evening. When I do this, do I need to do the VSR before my evening practice, even though I have already done it in the morning? My eve...
Views: 197   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 25, 2008 3:36am
by Andrew Southwort...
b
Bajazz
Lacking power
Now I know what the problem is: Lack of power! I've taken lot's of lessons, bought books etc and can sing as high as I want, but when I try to apply this to a live situation I go back to safe mode on chest voice. That is belting out, I have a very lod voice on the...
Views: 319   Replies: 5
Last Post: Aug 24, 2008 6:00pm
by Jaime Vendera
v
Vinnie
Still Having Trouble
I'm still not able to get my mix voice loud enough to use in a song. I've eliminated my break completely though, and I have a very smooth transition between my falsetto and chest voice. But I posted a couple weeks ago about discovering my mixed voice, and it's still...
Views: 201   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 24, 2008 3:49pm
by Skullsplitter
VAM - Best UK Supplier?
Who is the best supplier of VAMs in the UK? I've found only one so far: http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360078629209&ih=023&category=23786&ssPageName=STORE:PROMOBOX:NEWLIST#GALLERY
Views: 187   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 24, 2008 6:11am
by Dave Black
FINALLY figured out what was causing me vocal problems.
Well, after all of these months I figured out what was wrong with my voice. Two things: Issue #1: Throat tension. The muscles that we train via the Bullfrog exercises are connected to the Upper portion of the pectoral muscles. (Stick your jaw out - fell that...
Views: 625   Replies: 19
Last Post: Aug 24, 2008 3:26am
by Jay Sin
Going Back
Due to the following I have decided to attempt to sadly, quit coffee within the month, or at least get down to 1 drink a day, and to get back to practicing intensively. 1.Drummer telling me he thinks we should get a full time singer 2.Realizing my higher notes ar...
Views: 301   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 23, 2008 6:31pm
by Andrew Southwort...
What do you think of this: Auralex MAX-Wall Vocal Booth
Hello everyone recently I was browsing on bhphotovideo.com and I came upon this thing. Auralex MAX-Wall 1141VB Vocal Booth http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/278880-REG/Auralex_MAX1141VBPUR_MAX_Wall_1141VB_Vocal_Booth.html And I said to myself "maybe this...
Views: 134   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 22, 2008 2:48am
by Andrew Southwort...
NEW SONG!
kay we finally uploaded the first half of our most recent song which we recorded at my house here. Its part of a 3 song cd we're almost done with which we're giving away for free! Any comments on anything?
Views: 323   Replies: 14
Last Post: Aug 21, 2008 2:52am
by Andrew Southwort...
g
Go
What level of singer is Jaime´s method aimed for?
I don´t want to suggest that Jaimie´s method is not effective because I do see improvement in my voice, but I´m starting to think that it´s better if you have some previous background on singing. I´m a professional guitarist and bassist wh...
Views: 321   Replies: 10
Last Post: Aug 20, 2008 11:01pm
by mossman
John Elefante
Sorry, I couldn't resist. I'm a big Kansas fan, and I totally love John Elefante's voice. Kerry Livgren is my favorite songwriter - period. His songs always hit home with me, as if my own spiritual hjourney was parallel to his - but 20 years later. This is from the...
Views: 221   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 20, 2008 10:18pm
by Jaime Vendera
m
misso
question for jaime
Hi, Jaime, please can you tell me what do you think about Russell Allen? Is he using correct technique? Because he is my biggest vocal idol on the rock and roll:) side and the other David Phelps. Can you tell what do you think about the technique? And also I am loo...
Views: 238   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 20, 2008 7:44pm
by Andrew Southwort...
Bullfrogs work!
Well, I've been doing bullfrogs for about two weeks or more, only 50-75 a day, and amazingly, the stress has been going away when i hit higher notes, and transcending into my extremely light mixed voice, and head voice, has been easier. Sorry if I'm using SLS or S...
Views: 271   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 19, 2008 7:53pm
by Andrew Southwort...
v
Vats
Breath control and tone doubts
Hi, I've identified that my main problem has been pushing too much breath while singing higher notes. I've managed to circumvent that in a weird way...I find that if I don't open my mouth too wide while singing high, my voice works just fine. My lips are really narr...
Views: 289   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 18, 2008 7:06am
by Vats
James Michael of Sixx AM
Has anyone heard of him? He's the vocalist for Nikki Sixx's new band, well not really new I guess, but newest. Anyway, I had a question regarding his technique. Does anyone know if he uses proper technique or if he's just a chest puller? He keeps this big chesty s...
Views: 238   Replies: 7
Last Post: Aug 17, 2008 6:07pm
by Andrew Southwort...
Lip singing!
Bored at 5:00 AM lip singing to a funny song. Not singing related but I thought maybe someone would like seeing me make myself look like an idiot! If you thing this thread is pointless, delete it or w/e haha. But I thought it'd get a few laughs ;) http://www.y...
Views: 311   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 16, 2008 7:35pm
by Andrew Southwort...
Amazon reviews
I would greatly appreciate reviews on Amazon.com for any books of mine you have read regardless of print or ebook version. 4-5 star true reviews only please. Remember, we have several books so review all you have read- Raise Your Voice 2nd Edition Ultimate Breath...
Views: 317   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 16, 2008 2:21pm
by Open Mic
g
Go
I hate paypal!!
Ok, I really want to buy Mindset, I´m trying to do it for 5 days now, but paypal it´s a pain in the ... I just want to give my credit card number, pay for the book and have NOTHING to do with the freaking paypal for the rest of my life!, but they want to...
Views: 172   Replies: 1
Last Post: Aug 16, 2008 12:31am
by Go
Would you say my voice is in my throat/ constricted?
http://www.4shared.com/file/58724983/9c53d6c4/rec0809-182556.html This seems like the least amount of air however I don't know if I'm doing it correctly. It almost feels like this cordination belongs at like the high C or above or something. It feels kind of pushe...
Views: 332   Replies: 6
Last Post: Aug 15, 2008 1:38pm
by jlk7jester
Vendera Digital Voice Coach
Where can I get this?
Views: 183   Replies: 2
Last Post: Aug 15, 2008 7:38am
by Jaime Vendera
Farley Pocket Tone
I just got mine today in the key of C and it's amazing. Good volume and resonance compared to the Sabine MT. Question is, do I need a one in the key of F, since I need C5 and up and the C peaks at a B4. Sure, you can use a C4 to do the C5 stuff but a C5 tone wo...
Views: 175   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 14, 2008 8:43pm
by Andrew Southwort...
m
Maxime
Me on youtube ...
Hi guys! Listen to this and tell me what you think, please. It's a Christina Aguilera song. Don't pay attention to the theme. ( laugh ) I'm not talking to a man, I'm just singing ahahahah ! http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=F823GZnjNaM ( Bonjour Oiselle, ...
Views: 278   Replies: 8
Last Post: Aug 14, 2008 6:11am
by maxime
Is a sense of muscle fatigue in the throat normal?
I have been doing the Falsetto slide, Transcending tone, Siren and Vibrato exercises for 3 weeks now, and in the first few sessions, I experienced a sense of muscle fatigue and soreness in the high throat. The sensation is not unlike sore leg muscles after a long bik...
Views: 239   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 13, 2008 8:02pm
by BlueBradgo
g
Greg
I wouldn't suggest doing this ...
Here's a good example of why one shouldn't sing songs way out of their range unless they want permanent vocal damage. However, I do give the guy credit for having the tenacity to attempt this in front of a crowd. Enjoy. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hP84A9xXAA&...
Views: 286   Replies: 3
Last Post: Aug 13, 2008 7:37pm
by Jens
Per Bristow?
Has anyone here heard of or have experience with the program of Per Bristow? I just stumbled across him online. He has a couple of websites... www.bristowvoicemethod.com www.thesingingzone.com He doesn't use scales in his program. It seems to be more about...
Views: 407   Replies: 4
Last Post: Aug 13, 2008 3:49pm
by singloud
16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Free Forum powered by Bravenet