THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Need some good advice
Well, I finely got through the first two execises, a week each, but then I had this big move out of state whatever, and I didn't continue for like a month. So if I start again should I start again or should I continue with the third exercise??
Views: 220   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 13, 2009 11:48am
by Jaime Vendera
k
Kevin
Teachers in Miami
I need to find a teacher here in South Florida. My previous teacher was teaching me classical singing, but he was not helping me progress at all. All those lessons did nothing for me. I live in Miami, so the closer to Miami the better! If anyone knows a good voice te...
Views: 218   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 12, 2009 9:47am
by operasinger
schwarzenegger,Sylvester Stallone
Here is a thought. Weight lifters take stuff like protien powder ext to help them build muscle. What a lot of those things do is make the muscles bigger. So, since the vocal cords are muscle (right?) then they would also grow and make their voice sound deep, like "I'...
Views: 370   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 3:18pm
by Austin
Another New Interview with Yogi!
Yogi is Chris Cornell's guitar player and back-up singer. He has a band of his own: Run Through The Desert and and singer-songwriter oriented album called Metta. I wanted to interview him because he is so talented and he has worked with so many famous singers as yo...
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 2:53pm
by oiselle
READ THIS!!!
A NEW YEAR FOR SINGERS Welcome to a brand new year. This promises to be a year of many great new products for singers brought to you from The Voice Connection. I haven’t written for some time due to the fact that we have been extremely busy creating new pro...
Views: 429   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 11, 2009 2:49pm
by oiselle
Jamie Help Please!
Jaimie I'm really looking everywhere for Jim Seitzers number. I looked on the white pages and there was no number so I sent him a letter!! If you have his number please post it. Thank you!
Views: 309   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 10, 2009 6:52pm
by Jaime Vendera
m
Mike
An Discovery!
For quite a long time I was trying to emulate singers like James Hetfield from Metallica circa And Justice for All, and every SINGLE time the grit came forced, and soon I would lose my voice. Today however I realised that I was using !WAY! too much air for it. It mak...
Views: 349   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 9:38pm
by John King
New Interview with Kenny Collins of Logan
Here is a new interview with Kenny Collins from an up and coming rock band from Scottland. They opened for Bon Jovi over there and are pretty cool guys. Here it is: http://www.thevoiceconnection.com/kennycollins.html Please take the time to read and listen to t...
Views: 200   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 6:13pm
by Agent Smith
I need someone to help me
Alright guys, I've been practicing my ass off everyday, and it seemed like I had finally eliminated the pain I was feeling. And I believe that I had finally worked my way up to a G4 in TT. Two or three days ago however, the pain started to come back, and yesterday it...
Views: 319   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 5:28pm
by Skullsplitter
j
James
Question about bullfrogs
I can do the bullfrogs without clenching my teeth and even with my mouth open (well, I can make the muscles under the chin go down) but when I do it I build up a LOT of tension in the jaw muscles. Like when I do one bullfrog, when the underchin muscles are fully down...
Views: 333   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 8:20am
by DARKRonnoc
Jaimevendera.com
Is up and running, although we have a few bugs to work out, like adding a few pics and the Rock Doctors logo...Oh yeah The Rock Doctors Inc. coming soon-It will be a revolutionary type site above and beyond others o a similar nature;) BTW- check out the new store....
Views: 351   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 9, 2009 6:18am
by FrankSL
David Cook's vocal rasp...
I was watching some youtube videos, and I noticed that David Cook can turn on or off the vocal rasp he is usually singing with. He sang pitches raspy and rockish, and he also was able to do the same pitches completely clear on other songs. Anyone know how he is do...
Views: 258   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 8, 2009 3:41pm
by Giorgi
PTD-1 order
did anyone else order one of these things and have it take forever? I ordered mine on the 12th of this month and still have yet to get the thing. I'm wondering if the order even went through even though I have the receipt.
Views: 668   Replies: 46
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 10:50pm
by singoutloud
c
Chaku
A few questions
Hi, I'm very much an untrained singer who has been trying to learn more about singing techniques, yet I seemed to have learned something that seriously strained my voice recently, and haven't been able to fully recover for a few weeks. I recently bought Raise Yo...
Views: 123   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 10:49pm
by Chaku
j
Jax
pantera style screams?
how are those sounds made? i can scream up to some extent but i've never managed to get those half singing-half screaming sounds.
Views: 360   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 7, 2009 4:07pm
by Alkis Tsapanidis
Thank you tuba Player!
Wow! I'm telling you what you posted about singing behind your teeth, well it orks for me like nothing else! Amazing! I never tryed it before and it made my voice sound really good. It just goes to show you that everyone is different and you need to try different thi...
Views: 365   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 6, 2009 5:04pm
by Andrew S.
j
jread
Steve Perry is not human...
You know, I've kept "Open Arms" as a track on my "practice CD" for months now, and I really don't see how I'll ever be able to sing that song. I can do everything except the chorus, which seems insanely high for any male to sing. I mean, it's probably possible to "...
Views: 271   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 8:09pm
by Jay Sin
m
misso
question for Jaime
Hi Jaime, you´ve promised to do the bluest grit example till the new year will come:).....so the time has run out:D ....please will you give as the example?:)
Views: 196   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 5, 2009 6:20pm
by oiselle
p
Paul
Selling my singing books/programs
hi! i have been posting here about two years ago. with the time i've been practicing exercises.. i was going well but i got tired of singing, believe or not. i lost my interest for it. now i'm stuyding architecture. i have some books/singing programs and if yo...
Views: 339   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 10:47pm
by Austin
HELP! how to transition from classic to pop?
i'm a 1st soprano in our choir and hitting high notes with a classic voice is no problem for me. but when i sing the high notes in pop, it's weak and powerless! what shift should i be doing with my voice and what's the proper way to go about this? answers are greatly...
Views: 181   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 2:54pm
by oiselle
voice Yourself: The January Newsletter!
Here it is! http://voiceyourselfintheclassroom.com/newsletterJan09.html Enjoy! Val
Views: 161   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 2:49pm
by oiselle
Broke out of slump
I have been practicing like mad lately trying to finally get my whistle voice off the grand piano... 8 hours a day... I had no improvement and decided to take the day off. I had a dream that afternoon that I was in a voice lesson with my old bel canto teacher and h...
Views: 347   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 4, 2009 12:32pm
by DARKRonnoc
Is this the correct way to do vocal rasp?
Hello, Is this the right way to do that vocal rasp/grit? Some examples of people who do what I'm attempting would be Josh Todd of Buckcherry, Scott Weiland of Stone Temple Pilots, and Austin Winkler of Hinder. I've experimented with different methods of doing t...
Views: 1612   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 9:47pm
by Insight
old school grit
Is there a way to get that old school soul type of grit, like CCR, Otis Redding...that type of sound. Every type of grit I have been hearing about on this forum, and from RYV has just been modern, more heavy stuff. Anyone have any tips or exercises to develop this so...
Views: 223   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 5:43pm
by Skullsplitter
Just a little tip
I found this exercises pretty cool, so I thought I'd share it. 1)Grab the tip of your tongue with a cloth or material that will allow you to have a good grip. 2)Drop the jaw and let it hang loosely and then gently pull the tongue out and down 3)Check for cor...
Views: 320   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 3, 2009 5:06pm
by mikey
Vocal Anatomy
Is there any good books that outline the vocal anatomy? Such as what muscle's do what when singing high or low and so forth. I'm quite interested in how it all works, not only do I want to know what I am talking about but it also helps me progress when I know what/ho...
Views: 208   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 1, 2009 6:04pm
by John King
Vocal Weight
Hey, not sure if there was already a thread about this, but does anyone have any tips to make singing truly EASY. Taking off as much vocal weight as possible, and just letting notes slip out effortlessly? I haven't really noticed notes getting "effortless" despite my...
Views: 263   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 31, 2008 2:35pm
by sham
a
Austin
Miriam Arman "Spiritual Approach to Voice"
If you have a couple hours free, I'd love to hear some feedback on these youtube vids. I'm curious to get some opinions on her approach to voice. Her book is called "The Voice, a Spiritual Approach..." (I don't remember the rest of the subtitle). Her master cl...
Views: 269   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 31, 2008 12:04pm
by operasinger
New to board, Iron Maiden Help
Hi all, just got RYV. I'm mid-30s been singing on and off(mostly in the house) only backing vocals for real as i am a guitarist. I am a massive Iron Maiden fan so my favourite vocalist is Bruce, other favorites are Lord Coverdale, Halford, Tate, Kiske etc. I...
Views: 358   Replies: 18
Last Post: Dec 30, 2008 3:57pm
by mossman
breath support question
Okay so I was told when singing, to take a nice relaxed deep breath and then relax and "allow" the air come out on the exhale...sounds pretty safe and sensible to me...but then again what's all this power push about? If all I need to do is relax and allow the inhaled...
Views: 281   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 30, 2008 1:01pm
by oiselle
Privat lessons
Where does Jamie live? I think I remember that he whas moving to Florida?
Views: 306   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 29, 2008 11:04pm
by Austin Jenkins
Super head?
What is the definition of Super head (other than that night in the back of my car lol). Is it just a categorization of the voice above the second break? And while I'm on break points I think I might have one in my chest voice or at least my resonance does a signif...
Views: 246   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 29, 2008 12:04pm
by oiselle
Pain, **** it, Pain!
Hey, guys. I've been doing the exercises and every time I get to an about a F4, I get this slight "burn" near the top at the back of my throat. I didn't know if it was an exercise burn (my throat always feels fine the next morning), or just a burn cause by a techniqu...
Views: 332   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 28, 2008 4:59pm
by Austin Jenkins
d
Deven
Bonus Videos in members Section... WMV... I Have a Mac
Can anybody help me here? I would love to watch the video lessons in the Members section but I have a Mac... And Mac's do not play WMV files (Hens Windows Media Player). If anyone either has it in Quicktime form or some type of solution I could use, I would greatl...
Views: 210   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 28, 2008 2:59pm
by Deven
could this be whistle?
Is this whistle voice? If so could anyone tell me what notes I keep flipping back and forth to http://media.putfile.com/Whistle-95-24 Kinda excited here lol
Views: 297   Replies: 18
Last Post: Dec 28, 2008 11:42am
by Jens
Strange Recommendation
So I recently found some info for singers in a quite unlikely place. There is a book for men on how to improve your abilities to please your girlfriends called The Low-Down on Going Down. It is written by a speech pathologist/sex therapist named Marcy Michaels. I...
Views: 402   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 27, 2008 9:24pm
by singoutloud
m
Misso
Marry Christmas!
I wish you all marry christmas!
Views: 241   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 27, 2008 4:16pm
by Jens
Has anybody read The inner game of tennis?
I saw the book reccomened on an SLS teachers website, so I understand that it might help with singing. Has anybody here read it??
Views: 247   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 24, 2008 11:12pm
by Andrew Southwort...
www.themodernvocalist.com
Hey everyone, there is a new community for singers created by my buddy Robert Lunte, who was the coach who started the TC Helicon Voice Council. The site is called The Modern Vocalist and is located at www.themodernvocalist.com. You can create a Myspace like page and...
Views: 348   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 24, 2008 5:06pm
by Skullsplitter
A Few Noobie Questions
Ok so I just received RYV, also got a VAM. But basicaly I'm having a few beginner problems. I understand the breathng exercises perfectly but I'm not too sure how to keep the downward push, it seems to be really weak so I'm not finding it well and even when I do it s...
Views: 327   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 24, 2008 3:14pm
by oiselle
Vocal Fitness
I tryed for a few days practicing the exercises from the VF, it really helped. Did anyone here try if for longer? I tryed to get the number but the website wont go up. Does anyone have his number?? Thanks!!
Views: 332   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 24, 2008 10:27am
by operasinger
Per Bristow's method
Has anyone tried Per Bristow's method of singing. I just came across it, and was giving a lot of thought toward purchasing his DVD's although I have bought crap before and want to make sure it is worth the $97. Any input would be appreciated.
Views: 265   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 24, 2008 1:44am
by Austin
Slither
Hey, guys. Just wanted some opinions of our first public performance. The band is called Six-Gun, and we played Slither. This was like two or three weeks ago I think. Anyway, thanks! http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=Six-Gin&emb=0&aq=f&aq=f#q=Six%20Gun%20slith...
Views: 323   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 23, 2008 11:14pm
by Jay Sin
Recordings
So....I recorded some stuff on my comp (using my Rockband mic, haha), and I just wanted some HONEST opinions and suggestions. I'd like to know how people think my tone sounds and whether or not they think that my voice sounds good or not. As long as they are serious,...
Views: 286   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 23, 2008 2:54pm
by Dickie
Falsetto "clicks"
Hey guys, so I was doing falsetto slides, and I have been doing them using the "owl/monkey" method that Jamie says in the book, that is, sliding up and "oooing" like a monkey or owl to feel the resonance, and then I would slide down. I did notice however (when I trie...
Views: 251   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 23, 2008 2:48pm
by Dickie
g
George
Falsetto slide...hold falsetto?
Hi, when doing the falsetto slide, are you suppose to try and maintain falsetto as low as you can go before switching to full voice? I find that if I try to maintain falsetto, then I will have a break. However, if I switch it to full voice, then I can easily elim...
Views: 214   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 22, 2008 2:22pm
by mossman
j
Jax
falsetto trouble
im 17, and no matter what i cannot connect my falsetto to chest voice for the falsetto exercises. neither could i when i tried the 7 week program a few months ago, which i abandoned later due to lack of progress (yea, big mistake i guess. but i just felt i was using...
Views: 236   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 22, 2008 5:28am
by Jax
m
mark
how many years/months to learn?¿
I just wanted to ask all of you how much did it took you to learn to sing. My main instrument is guitar but due to the lack of a singer in my band I was chosen to be the vocalist.. My band plays at bars and partys but I know Im not ready for that. I want to hear...
Views: 328   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 21, 2008 11:06pm
by Austin Jenkins
k
Kevin
Getting into head voice
Hey guys, I'm having way to much trouble getting into head voice. After about F# after middle c, I get raspy and start straining. My voice teacher tells me to support more, but it doesn't seem to help. What, physically, must be happening to feel head resonance? And w...
Views: 312   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 21, 2008 11:26am
by Kevin
Something that may improve and give power to breath
http://www.powerlung.com/store/consumer/product_info.php?cPath=22&products_id=32&osCsid=8a0f4e67054ab0e201c7f2fc2e0fb92f Anyway my vocal teacher here told me about this i understand power push every thing now just to give streagnth there to weak i feel it so i o...
Views: 311   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 20, 2008 7:49pm
by Spektor
losing head voice after singing in chest
Okay, for about a week, I thought I was finally increasing my range. Not any more. I don't know why it was so easy to sing for that week or so. I still continue practicing the fallsetto slides, and head voice stuff, but once I sing in full/chest voice for a little, I...
Views: 1291   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 20, 2008 7:29pm
by Austin Jenkins
g
Giorgi
Jaime, when is the new screaming DVD coming out?
I read somewhere that it was supposed to come out for Christmas. Any progress on that or it's gonna be delayed as all the good things in this world are?
Views: 134   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 20, 2008 4:21pm
by Giorgi
v
Vocal1
Losing vocal "weight"?
I'm not too sure how to convey what I mean, but is there any way to lighten the weight or thin out the singing voice, while keeping it full sounding? I usually go and sing at a karaoke bar and lately I've started recording my performances so I can review and see w...
Views: 438   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 15, 2008 7:21pm
by Jay Sin
So I joined a cover band...
That's right. I did it.I joined a cover band. 60 songs, no originals. Right now I have to learn the first 40 songs in 3 weeks, and then we'll start working in some of the extra songs as we play out. It is a 3-piece band and I'll be playing drums and singing rough...
Views: 282   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 14, 2008 6:17pm
by Andrew Southwort...
Noob Question about Resonance and placement
Hi, this is my first post, so please excuse me if this is a question that is asked too often. I just bought Raise Your Voice a few days ago, and I love it, but I'm having a little trouble understanding the part about resonance and placement. Jaime says to place...
Views: 187   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 14, 2008 3:53pm
by oiselle
s
Sonja
Breathing....diaphragm vs chest
Reading Jaime's book, I like how he described fill the lungs 2/3 with diaphragm, 1/3 with chest. However, I find that when I breath with my diaphragm, I cannot feel any air coming to the chest. Whenever I breath with "just" chest (by sticking it out, raising it...
Views: 182   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 14, 2008 3:46pm
by oiselle
b
Bajazz
lacking power on bridge area
I seem to struggle with loud notes right at the break point, bridge, passagio or whatever you want to call it. Notes higher is a bit easier at some point, but not always, it depends on vowels, volume, and a bunch of other things. To put it easy: I have old habits tha...
Views: 231   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 14, 2008 3:42pm
by oiselle
getting above break point
Ok so ive read through ryv a couple times, and midway through rvy2 for the second time. Im a newbie, but I like to try along as i read. I seem to have a decent grasp of breathing support locking down not out or inwards and the inhalation sensation seems to make sense...
Views: 266   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 12, 2008 9:16pm
by John King
Heads up I'm coming your way :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHqc3AGFXHM m/
Views: 205   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 12, 2008 8:57pm
by John King
inhaling through nose versus mouth?
Is doing your micro breath/etc through your nose ok versus mouth? It's easier for me to JUST use my diaphragm by inhaling through my nose...
Views: 286   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 12, 2008 4:01pm
by oiselle
Pneumatic Training Device
Okay guys and gals...I'm on the verge of buying this product called the Pneumatic Training Device. Is it worth it?? This forum does an excellent job of reviewing products, so I thought I'd ask.
Views: 506   Replies: 15
Last Post: Dec 12, 2008 2:28pm
by Skullsplitter
g
George
Losing breath really fast on head voice
Is it normal to run out of breath faster when singing in head voice? The sensation I feel is that my chords are not as closed during head voice, so air seems to escape very fast when singing head voice phrases.
Views: 258   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 12, 2008 4:33am
by LegatoMan
t
Turk
Power Push
I'm sure this has probably been asked before. But I'm having trouble figuring out how much or little to use the power push. I always feel like I'm over doing it, or I'm missing something and have it all wrong. Also I know it's meant to keep from blowing out too much...
Views: 200   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 11, 2008 10:42pm
by Andrew Southwort...
Low Grit Sound - tickles throat?
I've been working on the low grit kinda robot sound from RYV2. When I do it, it tickles the HELL out of my throat - AND brings up a ton of phlegm. LOL. Is that tickle normal? (just had a cold, phlegm is explainable)
Views: 305   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 11, 2008 1:13pm
by altered
Happy Birthday Jaime!
Happy Birthday; hope its a good one!
Views: 284   Replies: 13
Last Post: Dec 10, 2008 4:48pm
by Misso
Chester Bennington
Okay guys. So I was wondering how the !@#$ Chester Bennington of Linkin Park does his crazy screams. Anyone know anything about that? Thanks!
Views: 1833   Replies: 21
Last Post: Dec 10, 2008 2:11pm
by sham
Discouraged
You know, I've been practicing every chance that I get, but it still seems like my progress is really slow. I'm just getting really discouraged. Can anyone give me some tips or something? I would like to know generally how long it takes some of you to make some progr...
Views: 277   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 9, 2008 11:56pm
by DARKRonnoc
Back vocals/harmonies
I know a lot of music theory and I know how to write harmonies and harmonize with other singers. BUT My rhythm guitarist finally decided he'd be willing to try backup vocals, so how can I go about teaching him to be able to harmonize/do basic harmony/back up vo...
Views: 269   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 9, 2008 8:46pm
by Austin Jenkins
dreamer deciever
I was able to hit the high note at the end of dreamer deciever by judas priest yesterday. WOOOT!
Views: 260   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 9, 2008 4:21pm
by oiselle
A question for the people who have bought the PTD-1
If you have bought the PTD-1, and you live outside of the United States of America, I have a question for you: Did you have to pay any kind of import duties on the device? I don't want to get anybody in trouble, but I also don't think you guys should have to p...
Views: 292   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 9, 2008 2:27am
by mikey
PTD-1 WOW!!!!!
If you buy nothing else, buy this device. I have been using it ONE DAY and I can totally feel now "How" I should be breathing. To tell the truth, I was doing it ALL wrong!! I can't tell you how much of a difference this has made with my daily drills, literally,...
Views: 316   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 9, 2008 12:18am
by altered
Can I use these Lozenges Jaime?
See, I live in a very poluted area of South Africa, so sinus is my worst enemy, and I wake up with the worst nasal drip and Mythroat quickly becomes dry and irritated!! I have been told by my choir conductor and friend that Halls work ( A minty throat clearing and so...
Views: 295   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 8, 2008 10:06am
by andy
n
digital vocal coach
Hi Jmaie, just wondering if the digital vocal coach is available yet? Cant seem to find it anywhere. newbie.
Views: 174   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 7, 2008 10:44pm
by newbie
is it really this easy?!
Ok, for the last 5 days I have been doing nothing but falsetto slides, and working the head voice, and light voice. OH MY GOD! I went to sing, and could hit every note completly effortlessly. My range already has increased greatly. A tenor A note(very hard for me a w...
Views: 349   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 7, 2008 2:42pm
by oiselle
First Gig
Hey, guys! I just had my first gig (my cold is FINALLY gone), and it went awesome! We played an event called Hurricaid 2 (a fund-raiser for the victims of Hurricane Ike), and it was amazing! We played Slither by Velvet Revolver (I had learned how to correctly place m...
Views: 191   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 7, 2008 2:37pm
by oiselle
Voice Yourself: The Decmeber Newsletter!
In this month's issue: 1) Doing Up On Vitamine C 2) How to Avoid the Common Cold 3) Report Cards and Parent Interviews 4) Being Authentic Here it is: http://voiceyourselfintheclassroom.com/newsletter1Dec08.htm Enjoy! Val
Views: 211   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 5, 2008 4:40am
by LegatoMan
chad kroeger's voice
Does anyone know how Chad Kroeger produces his particular tone. Is it real grit or effects. Plus how does he maintain it throughout the song?...because i think it's quite cool..:D
Views: 189   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 5, 2008 4:38am
by LegatoMan
j
Jason
VANESSA AMOROSI
Has anyone ever heard of Vanessa Amorosi, can't remember if she's been discussed on this forum before. I was going through youtube and found a medley of women who could sing full voiced high C, hers stood out to me so I looked at more videos and she's amazing. She sa...
Views: 235   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 5, 2008 3:52am
by Jason
Singing Program "Complete Vocal Technique": Worth checking out?
Hey everyone, I'm new to posting on this forum, but I've been reading it for a while, and find it very interesting and helpful! So I decided to ask you guys for your thoughts and help! So I bought Raise Your Voice some time ago, I've been reading it, and I've been...
Views: 415   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 4, 2008 4:11pm
by Djeikop
k
Kevin
Trouble getting head resonance
I'm currently singing "Caro Mio Ben" by Tommaso Giordani. I am seriously having trouble feeling head resonance, and it is very difficult for me to sing the G in the song. I can hit the note, but I don't think it's being produced right. I feel no head resonance, the...
Views: 388   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 3, 2008 11:53am
by oiselle
Combination Exercises
Hey guys, just wanted to tell you all of some interesting exercises I've been doing in addition to the solid 3. I have found that (after I've done the original 3) if I combine them all into one exercise it really works out my voice. Anyway you might want to try it! W...
Views: 305   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 2, 2008 9:06pm
by DARKRonnoc
Mucus
After jogging today for the first time in A WHILE, I spit out some serious mucus i felt in the back of my mouth. I immediately went inside and took a shower. As I was singing in the shower i hit a f6 in a loud banshee scream... yup an F6... Then whistled out the hi...
Views: 567   Replies: 15
Last Post: Dec 1, 2008 7:46pm
by Jay Sin
Ear Problems and the Eustacian Tube - Vocal Health
I AM NOT a physician or otherwise, but often have repetitive problems with "ear problems", particularly during the winter months, or those times of the year when allergies are running rampant. This is a technique taught to me by my chiropractor, (who is excellent by...
Views: 188   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 1, 2008 8:55am
by Jay Sin
b
Bajazz
Handsfree practice tracks?
I'd really like to have tracks to sing along to in mp3-player or car stereo. The files have nice examples and demonstration, but demands that you turn off mp3, sit down at a piano, guitar etc and practice afterwords... Which is not always possible for me. So any have...
Views: 192   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 30, 2008 8:20pm
by DARKRonnoc
Kinda OT
But I wanted to show everyone what are currently vocal-free songs that I've been writing for the past few months and ask if anyone might be interested in providing vocals and lyrics for one just for fun: Here is my music The song that needs lyrics is "TV ft Mar...
Views: 259   Replies: 0
Last Post: Nov 30, 2008 7:39pm
by James Fater
j
Jax
gig tonight and some new discoveries
well i have a gig tonight where i sing a couple of songs with my dads band. though through last nights practice, which wasnt so good, i listened to my voice for the first time in a long time and was disappointed to discover some nasality and offkey balance (could bla...
Views: 298   Replies: 13
Last Post: Nov 30, 2008 10:02am
by Jax
Singing laying down - WOW
I've been a student of Jamie's for a couple years now and have progressed excellently. Some of the songs I can really pull of well now - "Dreams" by VH, pretty much any Journey, and I can do a pretty good AXL "Screetch" all night with no voice strain. My point isn'...
Views: 293   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 29, 2008 7:18pm
by mossman
morning headvoice? Need some answers
When I wake up in the morning, I can slide from vocal fry, al the way high into my head voice effortlessly. Its like there is no pressure on my cords at all. However, I can't sing loud, or bring the chest voice past middle C in the morning. My head voice starts takin...
Views: 400   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 29, 2008 4:07pm
by Jens
Affiliate program
Been busy with the new jaimevendera.com and redesigning the store, as well as re-designing all the ebooks;)We are also now adding an affiliate program for the complete RYV system, for which you can receive commissions. Since everyone on here loves the program so much...
Views: 286   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 27, 2008 5:55pm
by oiselle
My first negative review!!
so I was singing away in my apartment this was at about noon, at the point that I stop I hear "Give it up you can't sing" then a door close. I chuckled to myself and went out into the hall and there was no one there. Although I shrugged it off and decided to continue...
Views: 447   Replies: 19
Last Post: Nov 27, 2008 5:55pm
by oiselle
s
sham
Having trouble singing in full voice without strain
Hey guys, I've been singing for awhile, been to a few different teachers but finally have had some success with an SLS teacher. I started the 7 week program in RYV a couple weeks ago and have had success doing the falsetto slide, etc. For me though a huge problem...
Views: 250   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 27, 2008 5:50pm
by oiselle
Is it possible to never have had a falsetto? EVER
Hey poeple this might sound wierd, but I don't think I have a falsetto.. Do I? I mean I just can't get it right, I've listened to some of the clips of falsetto and its extremely breathy!! I never expected that... I have a break and before RYV I thought above that was...
Views: 364   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 26, 2008 1:32am
by mikey
j
Jens
New song!
hey guys! me and a friend recorded a new song yesterday... WE have evolved tons since we started, we are both pretty lowvoiced baritones. Tell us what you think -.- http://media.putfile.com/MOnsters-in-the-closet
Views: 235   Replies: 3
Last Post: Nov 24, 2008 11:16am
by Jens
New Interview with Justin Hawskin (Hot Leg and The Darkness)
Justin is a great guy and he has an amazing range. Read it here: http://www.thevoiceconnection.com/hotleg.html Enjoy! Val
Views: 296   Replies: 4
Last Post: Nov 23, 2008 3:39pm
by oiselle
cyndi lauper
Was listaing to her recordings great voice but i ask does she sing full voice i dont think she does could be wrong
Views: 276   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 23, 2008 2:33pm
by Spektor
more eee and ooo questions
Hey everyone, I have more questions about singing short vowels. I suppose the question is directed towards those who have an easy time singing eee's and ooo's in their mid range. I've noticed that there is a mixture of 2 sounds coming from my voice. I believe one...
Views: 273   Replies: 5
Last Post: Nov 22, 2008 7:21pm
by Tim McCarthy
g
Giorgi
How to eliminate breathiness on falsetto exercices?
Yeah, so everything is in the title. I can do the exercices but the breathyness just stays there.
Views: 214   Replies: 2
Last Post: Nov 22, 2008 2:44pm
by Tim McCarthy
The Modern Vocalist
Hey everybody- Just wanted to let you all know about a new site for vocalists. It's a lot like facebook or myspace, but geared towards singers. Check it out: http://www.themodernvocalist.com/ Cheers- Tim
Views: 332   Replies: 1
Last Post: Nov 22, 2008 2:36pm
by John King
Squeaky Tone
Alright guys, I've had great progress in my practice. I have gone from not being able to sing "Eye of the Tiger" or "Don't Stop Believing" AT ALL, to being able to sing them in full voice. I did this in 4 days (been workin' my *** off!)I do however have some cracking...
Views: 320   Replies: 10
Last Post: Nov 21, 2008 11:31am
by DARKRonnoc
Can i still increase my range?
I have been singing for 2 years, I am not at all bad, winning competitions and gaining 90%+ for My items, but I have a bass/Baritione voice, from C2 to E4, then headvoice up to C5, so in total 3 octaves, but i really want to sing some of these higher notes... I have...
Views: 308   Replies: 6
Last Post: Nov 21, 2008 1:08am
by Robert Backer
14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Free Forum powered by Bravenet