THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
Update/Reminder
Hello all. I haven't been online lately b/c internet's been down at my house for over a week, so I can only get online at my friend's house. Anyways, I just thought I'd let everyone know that I've gone 2 months w/o a cigarrette now. I still have cravings, but...
Views: 542   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 26, 2007 10:36am
by oiselle
o
oryzin
vocal barrier
Hey man, I just ordered your raise your voice and ultimate breathing workout , I’m excited and apprehensive at the same time, I am a metal singer/screamer I’ve bought a few books like set your voice free,( roger love) and complete vocal workout(roger ka...
Views: 630   Replies: 11
Last Post: Feb 26, 2007 12:35am
by John
Curious if anyone knows about boys singing
Basically I need to get an article for my one class that talks about how usually its unmasculine for boys to sing so more avoid it. It can be anything related to that and can be any kind of article. Thanks :)
Views: 286   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 24, 2007 9:40am
by oiselle
underrated singers
Just thought i'd start a thread on singers that you have found that aren't necessarily on everyone's list of great vocalists. We always get people on here giving their personal top 10 and we see Tony Harnell and Jim Gillette and Sebatian Bach and Rob Halford...etc, e...
Views: 969   Replies: 35
Last Post: Feb 23, 2007 9:21pm
by Brian Pastor
Why does my voice drift to the back?
Basically when I talk I notice my voice seems to sit in the throat instead of going up into my mouth. I also notice my voice gets quite worn after talking like this for length of time like to the point where it hurts to keep talking. However when I sing my voice feel...
Views: 297   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 23, 2007 4:12pm
by Jaime Vendera
Jaime "from the other side"...
Hey, The Voice Connection is such a great platform for singers and, I thank you Jaime, for the passion and knowledge you're sharing with us all. So, here's my question : Is there any cd or mp3, or video... available, where we could enjoy your voice "from the...
Views: 375   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 23, 2007 4:03pm
by Jaime Vendera
Long G note (david phelps)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_uYl9igaR5k This goes to show how much air u really need when your up higher. He holds on Live a little over half way through the song.
Views: 316   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 22, 2007 11:59am
by LegatoMan
Steve Perry's vocal deteriation despite perfect technique.
I once read somewhere that Steve has perfect technique for rock, Roger Love said this I think. However you can hear the deterioration setting in around the time of Frontiers and then more so on Raised on Radio. I don't know if this was a concious desicion on St...
Views: 640   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 22, 2007 12:49am
by MATT
Saliva releases new CD
Check out Blood Stained Love Story, the new release by Saliva! Jaime Vendera
Views: 348   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 21, 2007 5:06pm
by John
New song out
Free Ride
Views: 345   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 21, 2007 3:24pm
by johnny pipes
j
John
How many hours a day, do you practice, or should practice?
I practice 3 hours a day on excercises on my days off of work. And there are certain times of the day I cannot practice. In the mornings, my voice is just like me. It's not a morning person. lol So anyttime after ten I begin practicing. I do not practice three...
Views: 454   Replies: 13
Last Post: Feb 21, 2007 9:19am
by John
EEEEEEE
Why would my larynx rise on an f# below tenor c when the previous note before it is a g# in the song I am singing and it isnt raised on that note???? The back of my tongue is low on g#4 then it raises way up and I get real throaty sounding on f#4. Is it because the w...
Views: 397   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 21, 2007 9:01am
by John
Views: 416   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 21, 2007 8:46am
by Mark H
Journey on a Lip Roll
I've picked 3 Journey songs to start working with, 1. Don't Stop Believing 2. Separate Ways 3. Any Way You Want It After warming up with 500 consecutive bullfrogs and 10 of the 8/4/16 breath exercise, I proceeded to lip roll the above songs. With expanded rib...
Views: 332   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 21, 2007 4:06am
by Chris Cartier
d
Danny
Vocal instructor Thomas Appell
Hello All, I received "Can you sing a High C without Straining" for my bday and this book/program is awesome. His approach is almost identical to yours Jaime (You guys should talk). Only thing I noticed that was different, was that Thomas tells you after you ta...
Views: 805   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 20, 2007 7:45pm
by Danny
Raise Your Voice 2nd Edition getting closer
Hello kids, just wanted to tease you. RYV II is getting closer. It looks like ti will be over 200 pages long for this edition. We just hired a new photographer, new ilustrator and a new cover designer. There are now 5 exercises to the pitchwheel system which will be...
Views: 578   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 19, 2007 9:51pm
by SingingStar7
Singing from...where?!
Ok well last night at my voice lesson I sang a song that had some pretty high notes.When I was done,I told her my voice hurt and my teacher said that I was straining my voice and I had to sing from my diaphragm or something like that.I have no clue what that means an...
Views: 338   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 17, 2007 11:26am
by CanadianLeprecha...
c
Chris
Range
Hey Jaime, I wanted to tell you that I found a local teacher, she is a level 4 sls teacher and is classically trained and educated. I brought my ryv book and showed her some of the stuff and she said she agreed with you. How cool is that :) She has different names...
Views: 361   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 17, 2007 11:00am
by ChrisPhx
a
Anton
Should you use the power push only on the high notes?
Yeah, that's pretty much my question. Using the power push on the high notes works perfectly, I can't thank Jaime enough for introducing me to this technique. But i've noticed that when singing Shinedown-songs, it gets a lot easier using the power push in the lower...
Views: 371   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 17, 2007 8:35am
by Jaime Vendera
Lip Bubble whole songs for practice?
Jaime, what do you think of us doing Lip Bubbles while adding the melody for sings we're listening to as breathing practice? Is that recommended? Would Hum's or "ZZ's" be better? What do you guys think too?
Views: 290   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 15, 2007 8:42pm
by Jaime Vendera
trancending tone question
Hi everyone A small question about the trancending tone exercise: My highest chest note before my break is A4 but if I don't push it I start to break around F4. So when I do the exercise, going from falsetto to full voice, is it ok to go Falsetto -> Chest before the...
Views: 371   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 15, 2007 7:49pm
by Benoit G
Does this happen to anyone?
I was wondering if anyone on this board ever experienced like a breathy tone as you appraoch your break point. On somedays I find that this area gets really breathy...and I don't really know why. So this happens on occasion...but last week I caught a cold and boy...i...
Views: 299   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 15, 2007 5:41pm
by Jaime Vendera
Its finally happened...
I auditioned for a local burger king commercial and thanks to Jaime (and a few others) I beat everyone else out and landed the job!!! Check it out and let me hear some honest feedback...Pram http://www.ebaumsworld.com/2006/12/burgerking.html
Views: 443   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 15, 2007 5:34am
by Pram Maven
c
Carlos
Children cry and dogs howl
Hello from down under. I am 64 yrs young and now have a desire to sing so that when I finally learn the keyboard I can sign the melody line...amongst many other 'Rock' tunes I really wish to learn to sing 'Great Balls of Fire' and 'Love me tender'. I have the en...
Views: 251   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 14, 2007 7:43pm
by Carlos
b
BW
Falsetto slide
I'm getting back into RYV... In the book, under Falsetto slide, it says to do this very quietly. However, on the files associated with the book, it sounds pretty loud. Should I be doing this soft, or loud? My falsetto, at low volumes is VERY broken up and not very...
Views: 188   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 14, 2007 12:41pm
by Jaime Vendera
My album just came out! Big thanks to Jamie and everyone on this forum...
I don't think I could have done it at all without RYV. Or at least the vocals would be terrible. Thanks to all of you on this forum for listening to my song and giving me feedback. You helped me improve my singing and the sound of the CD. Feel free to give the...
Views: 502   Replies: 14
Last Post: Feb 13, 2007 9:37pm
by BW
thanks jaime!
Hi everybody first of all sr for my english im from italy. I started the Ryv method in december and i thought it was like all the books in tried...well...it isn't! Sunday i did a gig and for the first time in my life i sang for two hours without strain or something...
Views: 295   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 13, 2007 2:30pm
by Jaime Vendera
b
bw
Jaime's mail
Hey, Jaime- Tried to email you this morning and it bounced back to me Bryan from Seattle
Views: 295   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 13, 2007 2:27pm
by Jaime Vendera
Unpublished power push secret
When you go number 2, you are not using your stomach muscles, so much as your diaphragm, side, and back muscles. (Trust me, I know this from trying all combinations of the three when I was constipated) I noticed something this morning, though. While I was blowing...
Views: 559   Replies: 6
Last Post: Feb 13, 2007 2:08pm
by Paul Phoenix
Reinforced Falsetto vs Full Head Voice
Hey Jaime Up until i got some comments about my gethsemane recording, i always thought that when i was zipping into my head register i was using full head voice....but people were saying its reinforced falsetto....and if thats the case, whats the difference? :P If...
Views: 486   Replies: 10
Last Post: Feb 12, 2007 2:11pm
by Lee Muria
c
Chris
Vintage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TPJAjYZSbM&mode=related&search=
Views: 289   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 11, 2007 5:52pm
by Chris
Why on earth ..
Doesn´t someone IP-ban that clown?? Destroying threads all over the place and makin fun of peoples abilities..Geez!! This forum needs moderators ASAP! Yours sincerely Chris (from Sweden) If you need some help with the forum just shout :) Gettin tire...
Views: 516   Replies: 25
Last Post: Feb 11, 2007 11:08am
by b.a.
j
JonnyP
strengthening singing muscles
thanks to xavier i recently came across the ncvs website and found this article: http://www.ncvs.org/ncvs/info/singers/five_ing.pdf it mentions the five things that a naturally gifted singer has and that all singers should try and emulate. my question is, how d...
Views: 436   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 10, 2007 6:41pm
by Jaime Vendera
voice council site problems?????
I can't get to the site right now.... anyone know if its down?
Views: 266   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 10, 2007 4:30pm
by Jordan Harris
How heavy can the head voice be?
Basically I was curious does it depend on the singer's voice? Because I seen David Phelps hit some extremely heavy High C I've never before seen anyone do also the rest of his head voice is extremely strong. I realize rock singers also have very loud and powerful hea...
Views: 592   Replies: 16
Last Post: Feb 10, 2007 3:32pm
by Jaime Vendera
c
Chris
Listerine
hey Jaime, I think you talked about how bad liqour is for your cords and how it drys them out. I am curious if when I am using listerine for mouthwash if gargling would be bad for them as well it seems like pretty strong stuff, even the mint Listerine.
Views: 217   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 10, 2007 3:27pm
by Jaime Vendera
b
b.a.
for jaime's sake.....
hello morons.... i would like to take this opportunity to call a cease fire...you all quit cryin to jaime, and i(johnny pipes,e.q., and d.j. tyrone)will quit giving you all a hard time.....jaime is a good guy, i've only gotten to meet him 2 or 3 times, but he was ve...
Views: 184   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 10, 2007 2:33pm
by b.a.
j
JP
The Perfect Singer
I would think the goal of every metal singer would be to have a voice that can go super heavy/raspy at will, but also with the ability to sing in a pure, resonant tone when needed, and of course, insane range. Eric Adams has all of these qualities rolled up into...
Views: 371   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 9, 2007 1:49am
by altered
Does Anyone have a copy of me on I've Got A Secret???
Hey guys, if anyone has a copy of me on I've Got a Secret, the entire clip, I really need it bad. I have to send out a DVD to an Agency interested in carrying me for many shows around the world and they want to see me on the shows. Jaime Vendera
Views: 562   Replies: 18
Last Post: Feb 8, 2007 3:43pm
by jlk7jester
Whistle Register / Adam Lopez
I just talked with Adam online he sent me a link to one of his you tube performances where he uses the whistle register if you would like to see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odzjqBu54Ec
Views: 557   Replies: 7
Last Post: Feb 8, 2007 10:47am
by jlk7jester
Starting again...
Hi! I stopeed using RYV for maybe 3-4 months because i had health problems. I will start again in 1-2 months and i will do the same ting: start with the 7 week training program and so on. Jaime, could you tell me a cool routine to start? for example inst...
Views: 390   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 8, 2007 6:10am
by Paul Phoenix
Anton
She's Gone (Acoustic show 1992) http://youtube.com/watch?v=EHAklIRyRC0 I'll Never Let You Go (1991) http://youtube.com/watch?v=mPbyg9eAu9E Everybody Loves Eileen (1991) http://youtube.com/watch?v=FqCuaGqlAF8 Everybody Loves Eileen (2006) http://youtube.c...
Views: 399   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 6, 2007 10:17am
by Jaime Vendera
j
JP
Steve Grimmett commercial
Did anyone see Grimmett on the Garmin Super Bowl commercial? He sounds like he's still got it.
Views: 263   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 5, 2007 5:57pm
by JP
question for jaime
I posted a similar question to this when you were gone to Paris. I figured I'd re-post it. I'll start off by saying that I have been practising the RYV techniques for over a year and I plan on continuing with them for a long time to come. 1)I'd like to develop my...
Views: 292   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 5, 2007 6:33am
by Jaime Vendera
c
Chris
Exercises
Hey Jaime, Got a question for you - I have all your secret exercises uploaded to my Ipod and run it through my P.A. - So here is my question: will it be as productive to do the exercises in lieu of doing the 3 in the book with piano???? You go a lot faster on the...
Views: 328   Replies: 4
Last Post: Feb 4, 2007 2:29pm
by Chris
c
Chris
Day of fire
Hey - has anyone heard of this band - Day of Fire????? The singer used to be in a band called full devil jacket before he had a meeting! He has a cool voice!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ID_M2PAQhfI&mode=related&search=
Views: 285   Replies: 0
Last Post: Feb 4, 2007 10:26am
by Chris
x
Xavier
I found this article very interesting :) check it out!
http://www.ncvs.org/ncvs/info/singers/use_low.pdf Talks about the head voice, falsetto ...."light mechanism" and stuff... plz, everyone check it out and give me your views on it ! I read it and though some things are more clear now, I'm a bit confused......
Views: 631   Replies: 12
Last Post: Feb 2, 2007 6:48pm
by Jaime Vendera
p
PK
Good stuff
Hey! I bought RYV and the Ultimate breathing workout a couple weeks ago and they are both real good. Especially the ultimate breathing workout - I held out a note for a minute and 15 seconds yesterday One question. Is there a type of tuner that works with voice...
Views: 197   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 2, 2007 4:14pm
by Jaime Vendera
Pushed Notes - Please Help
Okay. I hear a lot about notes sounding pushed. I am trying to figure out if I am doing the same thing. I am solid as all hell up through mid 4th octave...however, when I approach C5...it can be a bit of a reach. It certainly does not come easily...at least not all t...
Views: 423   Replies: 8
Last Post: Feb 2, 2007 12:24am
by Pram Maven
Finally...Jamies dedication Video...
I dedicated this one on video to jamie...Heres Yellow Brick walk by Elton John...Who needs raise your voice??Not Cobby as I demonstrate here....Fools!!
Views: 377   Replies: 3
Last Post: Feb 2, 2007 12:14am
by Pram Maven
good job
seen oyu break the glass on dsc tv cool it is a long way from odot in chillicothe good job!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Views: 233   Replies: 1
Last Post: Feb 1, 2007 5:38pm
by Jaime Vendera
What do you think about this spl meters?
I found this device on the net. And I would like to have your opinion on it. http://www.galaxyaudio.com/galaxy/ProductsCM.html I think it could be useful to check how much db we can produce in full voice. And maybe this way we can more define singing level from...
Views: 367   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 31, 2007 4:45pm
by alex from Tahiti
RYV + nodules ?
Hi Jaime, I don't know if you're still in Paris...I know that there are also plenty of other knowledgeable people here too, so I welcome any feedback. I've been singing a long time, and I'm pretty confident with my grasp of good technique (not saying that I'm not...
Views: 398   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 31, 2007 5:25am
by Paul Adrian V.
g
gd1
I guess should introduce myself too...
...so you can all pile on when ready. LOL. I'm a long time guitar geek who has played just about every style under the sun including: rock, metal, jazz, blues, classical, r&b, hip hop, reggae, and country. I sang in my rock band from the mid to late nineties. Ho...
Views: 410   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 29, 2007 3:41pm
by The real oiselle
Limelife by RUSH....
Listen and learn maggots...and then listen again. I do 2 versions...1 with music and one where I do ALL the instruments.....Losers
Views: 458   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 28, 2007 8:02pm
by JOHNNY PIPES
Oiselle
Oiselle, Email me. I am going to need your help with some French and want to forward you some emails from some people from France. Jaime Vendera
Views: 386   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 28, 2007 7:36pm
by oiselle
classical teacher
Im takin lessons from a pop oriented teacher but i know that a lot of rock singers took lessons from opera singers I also know that some of those tecnique are pretty different from rock styles Does somebody is takin lessons from a classical teacher Is it a goo...
Views: 299   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 28, 2007 3:41am
by danny234
Breakthrough...
OK, so I'm doing Brett Manning's SS program consistently now for 2 weeks, I practice 6 times a week and am now on session 2. I have utilised Vendera's tip of squeezing the sphincter muscle when going for higher notes, this works great. On the low larynx exercis...
Views: 370   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 27, 2007 12:33am
by Chris Cartier
question about gritty high notes and breaks
Whats up people, This is my first time posting here, I have been practicing Jaime's RYV techniques for about a year now and have increased my range by more than an octave. I have a couple of questions for Jaime pertaining to grit and break areas in my range. 1)Fi...
Views: 593   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 26, 2007 11:12pm
by altered
Rerecorded vocals - What do you think?
Hey, I decided to rerecord some of the vocals on this song. Tell me how its sounding now. The verses and choruses are redone, but the verses sound weak to me now and I'm not sure why. Thanks Watcher
Views: 492   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 26, 2007 12:29am
by MATT
z
Zilla
Comment my singing?
Hi, I've finally gotten myself a myspace to "promote my music." I'm starting a new chapter as a singer, as I'm going into a studio soon to hopefully record. www.myspace.com/antonzilla I've been singing for about 1½ year, and I just turned 16. I've had no l...
Views: 390   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 25, 2007 9:40pm
by gd1
Just starting RYV...
Hey guys.. I'm a first time poster, so before I ask my question(s) I'll introduce myself: My name is Chan and I recently bought RYV and started doing the 7-week program thing that he outlines on page 117. I've been singing for as long as I can (not professionally,...
Views: 402   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 25, 2007 1:43pm
by Lee Muria
x
Xavier
Guys, it's for real so don't tease me for this...
Hi! well so I was taking a look in the forum and I happened to hear lee (muria) singing.... and I'm like "OMFG" ... so first off I wanna tell you that you ARE a great singer and your voice is great (I mean man your exactly what everyone wants: high voice with th...
Views: 342   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 24, 2007 3:05pm
by altered
g
gd1
RYV 4?
Anyone know when Raise Your Voice 4 is coming out? Thanks.
Views: 263   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 24, 2007 1:43pm
by chris
x
Xavier
has it happened to you??(falsetto related)
hey there... Today I was starting to do exercises again and it came to my attention something that is not actually very new to me... has it happened to you that when you want to hit a high note in falsetto ("High" as in a f5) that when you first try to hit i...
Views: 298   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 23, 2007 7:00pm
by Paul Phoenix
Off to Paris
I will not be on the board for the next week or so. Point all technical questions to Pram or Cobb ;) I'll see you guys after I shatter some glasses in Paris! Jaime Vendera
Views: 311   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 23, 2007 12:02am
by The real oiselle
Geoff Tate
Im searching for infos about Goeoff Tate...training, bio, everything...(no luck on google!)
Views: 372   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 22, 2007 4:15pm
by andy
m
Matt
Good recording software...
Anyone know any good recording software (preferably free) that I can use to record some songs and maybe post them for critique? I used to use Audacity but couldn't figure out optimal settings for my recordings...plus I am using a $25 mic I bought from Best Buy so...
Views: 380   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 22, 2007 6:54am
by The real oiselle
My attempt at overtone singing...lol
Hey guys Ive been really curious about overtone singing for a while now, and im just starting to get it 'a little bit'...lol I can do the low overtone singing, but it just stops and starts randomly, plus i cant change pitch properly without it stopping... and ive...
Views: 461   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 21, 2007 1:25pm
by Pram Maven
I am hurt.
I can't go on feeling like this...My throat hurts, constantly. If I don't practice or speak much, it improves and so does my singing. Infact, when I CAN sing, I'm extremely happy with it. I am planning on taking two days a week off to not speak at all, and to o...
Views: 533   Replies: 32
Last Post: Jan 21, 2007 1:09pm
by myspace.com/pram...
j
Jens
Name your top 2 songs!
Well since i started the "name your five best singers thread". I though that it would be fun to get into it little deeper. the two best songs "vocal performances" my 50cents! Lost horizon- highlander best metal vocals ive ever heard! Labyrinth- m3...
Views: 341   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 20, 2007 6:15pm
by Austin
Jamie's Covers
Where can I get recordings of Jamie's versions of Priest, Zeppelin and ACDC?
Views: 345   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 20, 2007 6:01pm
by LegatoMan
b
bw
"Too Much Vibrato"
Yo Kids! Okay, so I'm watching American Idol. I hear them say "Too Broadway", "Too much Vibrato". Dennis Deyoung wouldn't make it past them because he'd get those comments. I also have a lot of natural vibrato in my voice. It's just... there. If you listen to so...
Views: 433   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 20, 2007 2:55pm
by BW
x
Xavier
Some shopping advice please :P
so ! even if I wrecked my voice last week (doing silly stuff with some friends.... no biggie, I just need 2 or 3 days of vocal rest) things ARE moving and my dad Is going to the US for some days ... and he is willing to spend some money on me :D... so I decided to ad...
Views: 287   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 20, 2007 2:52pm
by Lee Muria
Found this kind of interesting.
http://www.acidplanet.com/contests/nin/download.asp If you download and listen to just the vocal tracks, you can start to figure out how Trent Reznor sings and what technique he's using. NINterestingly enough, (heh) when he screams it sounds like he's leaning...
Views: 299   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 20, 2007 12:52pm
by myspace.com/pram...
My version of Gethsemane
Hey guys Ive recently recorded my own version of Gethsemane from Jesus Christ Super Star.... Let me know your opinions Cheers Lee Heres the link: www.winterheart.dark-omens.com/gethsemaneleemuriamp3.mp3
Views: 443   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jan 20, 2007 2:21am
by jlk7jester
b
bw
VOX RX
There's not a lot of explanation on VOX RX... Is that stuff that's in the Raise Your Voice book or different stuff? I'm interested in purchasing it, but I already have Jaime's other stuff, so I don't want to get rehashed stuff if possible.
Views: 210   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 19, 2007 9:08pm
by Jaime Vendera
Password Protection
I'm wondering Jaime, why isn't your forum password protected? I did not appreciate Cobb using my username to post an insignificant comment yesterday. Nor do I appreciate his uncalled for insults and name calling towards other users here. Better still, can you loc...
Views: 401   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 19, 2007 2:32pm
by myspace.com/pram...
Get ready for www.voicecouncil.com
The new TC Helicon site launches tomorrow. Here is the press release: TC-Helicon Partners with Leading Voice Instructors to form Online Resource Westlake Village, CA (January 18, 2007) – TC-Helicon Vocal Technologies and some of the industry’s...
Views: 435   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 19, 2007 9:51am
by Paul Adrian V.
hey jaime any advise for a bass?
Hi jaime. My teacher constantly keep reminding me that a bass singer cannot hit a high c. It's been 3 months now and I can barely hit a G4 in full voice the way she likes it. But at home when I practice ryv at a 50% volume, i can get my c5. Do you think those upper...
Views: 343   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 11:38pm
by alex from Tahiti
Breath Tip
W/o giving too much away, but maybe to help some people that really don't get it... A lot of teachers talk about taking a "Frightened" breath to sing. Sort of a "Ah! You caught be by surprise" or even as your buddy is walking away, you quickly gasp and say, "Hey....
Views: 252   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 17, 2007 3:59pm
by wylde342
Cannot get the new Flash Player
ASny ideas? I cannot get the new Flashplayer 9 to download. it just doesn't happen. Since I just got my computer fixed, I cannot see movies on youtube, hear mp3s, etc... Driving me nuts. JV
Views: 238   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 7:06pm
by Paul Phoenix
c
chris
voice council
Hey Jaime, Who runs the I.T. for that site? It says that I am logged in and redirecting but then the next window says I am not logged in. I emailed them late december to verify my name and password and nobody emailed me back.
Views: 235   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 6:17pm
by chris
GI disorders affecting singing?
In another topic, I speak of having a chronic sore throat and inconsistent vocal abilities; I wonder, could anyone give me any insight into whether or not this may be related to the fact that I have problems with my GI tract? I develop ulcers quite frequently. I kn...
Views: 250   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 3:24pm
by EdsMedSinger
Sun Caged (my band)
Hello people, I've posted here once or twice. I'm the singer of prog metal band Sun Caged. I'm very interested in the voice and continuing to learn about singing, as well as networking with other people with similar interests. At the moment I just wanted to als...
Views: 224   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 8:49am
by Paul Adrian V.
y
Yamil
I need a critique on my vocals
Hey, It's hard to know if you're doing something right or wrong when you're only receiving feedback from close friends and you're listening to yourself. So if you can take some time (the song is short) and critique anything you think I can work on. Thanks alot. th...
Views: 285   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 16, 2007 8:27am
by myspace.com/pram...
Do Opera singers use full voice ?
I was curious do opera singers particularlly males use full voice in the head voice? Or is it a heavy mix?
Views: 391   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 14, 2007 4:52pm
by jlk7jester
c
Chris
sls teachers or not
Hey Jaime, I took your advice and searched in the Gilbert az area for a teacher and can't find anyone other then a experianced sls teacher. I am going to continue RYV because it is awesome and would eventually like to hook up with you down the road but here is my...
Views: 421   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 14, 2007 9:49am
by Chris
j
jon c.
URGENT! warming up before a show?
So I have a gig today at 7 and my band is practicing at 2. Is it ok to warm up two times in a day, or should I save warming up for the show?
Views: 345   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 13, 2007 6:56pm
by Jaime Vendera
coordinating the middle voice
It would seem that would I thought was my head voice is actually my middle voice (Finally got RYV, and i LOVE it Jaime, you are the man). Anyways, my main issue is with the strength and coordination of my middle voice. I need a strong, even, and flexible connectio...
Views: 287   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 13, 2007 6:54pm
by Jaime Vendera
Vocal Critique/Opinions
Hey everyone. I'm working on a CD and I'd love to get some opinions on my singing. I've been working with raise your voice for about a year now. Song 1 Song 2 Thanks for your help
Views: 466   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jan 13, 2007 4:39pm
by The real oiselle
Views: 375   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 12, 2007 8:36am
by spektor
Andreas Eklund of House Of Shakira
I've been lisetning alot to Andreas Eklund of House Of Shakira. He's amazing. He's got a very focused effortless tone--ould do a killer job on doing Journey tunes. Check him out if you haven't heard him
Views: 223   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 6:45pm
by Brian Pastor
The falsetto "ah" quiet exercise question..
Well, I'm doing week 2 of the RYV program. Its the quiet falsetto non-breathy scale on "ah". I notice when I get up to around F or G , my voice seems to want to flip into something else that is extremely quiet and feels like it requires like no support what so ever....
Views: 399   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 6:32pm
by jlk7jester
Bass players and their vox
Last night the band was working on "Evenflo" by Pearl Jam. The song is a joke to sing, but to my ears, EVedder always rises into his pitches and sings a HAIR flat - even on disc. When I sing the pitches square, it doesn't sound right to me. Anyways, as we're going...
Views: 261   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 6:21pm
by Cobb Knobbler
Old Michael Sweet Stryper vibrato
Hey all, What type of vibrato was that he used back in the Stryper days? Kind of also the same as Bruce Dickinson? What type of vibrato are they using?
Views: 329   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 6:06pm
by Chris
a
abe
Jaime technique vs Opera singer tech.
This is little post I read in singing forum. It's writen by one singer who I respect too... So I'm wondering Jaime what do you think is there at least minimal quality, long livity, health loses when we're using your methode I mean I know that I feel good and many of...
Views: 488   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 11:20am
by EdsMedSinger
Stupid mind game.
Dam singing is dam mind game in a way. One da i love the way i sound next day sound like im thinking of the notes while i sing. Then if i just sing and let go i cant sing at all. I do the powerpsuh and im fine but i think i should open my mouth more. But when i do i...
Views: 289   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 10:33am
by spektor
j
Johan
Here goes!
Hi everybody! Today I've done my first Vocal stress release in the 7-week program and I'm really excited about this. For the record: Current range C2-D4 and singing bass in a a cappela group. Falsetto goes C3-C6. How it went? Well I've been coughing on and of...
Views: 381   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 11, 2007 10:09am
by Johan
Jaime - thx for the vids
Jaime, Last night I sat down with the videos and followed along. It was quite nice to see you demonstrate some of the stuff in RYV, especially the "Micro Breath." I know for me that changed some stuff up. I also didn't realize just how much you use the Power Pu...
Views: 326   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 10, 2007 11:38pm
by Brandon Selvey
30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Free Forum powered by Bravenet