THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
x
Xavier
Very specific ryv question...
HI.... yes ... its is so specific that I think I should not comment it on the forum just openly, so I want to ask Brandon or Jaime if it is appropiate to mail it to you??? Thx!
Views: 328   Replies: 6
Last Post: Apr 14, 2007 1:36am
by Brandon Selvey
j
Jake
Breaks and Head Resonance
Hey guys, well great news, my Raise Your Voice has just arrived. I've been reading it and it's amazing. I'm up to the head resonance section and I tried it, and I think I have figured out head voice but am confused. I find that if I sing high, my falsetto occurs if I...
Views: 392   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 13, 2007 12:06pm
by oiselle
a
andy
Friend Lost Their Voice
I have a friend that lost their voice a couple of years ago. It was not something traumatic and not from singing. It is a very touchy subject, but it makes it hard to communicate with them. They still have a frogs crook so it isn't totally gone. Is there anything tha...
Views: 266   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 13, 2007 12:00pm
by oiselle
TC Helicon releases new VoiceTone series
TC Helicon has just released a new series of pedals for the modern vocalist. The first two in the series are VoiceTone Correct and VoiceTone Create. You can learn about these unique and low priced pedals at- http://www.tc-helicon.com/default.asp?id=10431 Jaime...
Views: 365   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 11, 2007 8:08pm
by andy
Nasality
So since the post on plugging your nose to see if your tone changes, I have been noticing that my sound goes up into my nose and nasal cavity a lot more then I would like.... Especially when actually doing a song.... My vocal teacher has been having me plug my nose w...
Views: 542   Replies: 16
Last Post: Apr 11, 2007 6:15am
by oiselle
middle-aged newbie
Hey Jaime, Just wanted to let you know that I'm feeling VERY pleased with myself for purchasing RYV! Man, I've been struggling for ages (and I'm a full-time singer) with the break in my voice getting "wider" ie: whereas I used to crack on an F, the crack expanded...
Views: 232   Replies: 4
Last Post: Apr 9, 2007 9:16pm
by dogears
j
Jake
Bought Raise Your Voice, Any Tips Upfront?
Hey guys I'm a 15 year old high school kid aspiring to be a singer. I've been trying to be a good singer every since I was inspired by Michael Buble. For the last month, I've been working on SLS, mostly singing success. After a month, I saw little results and someone...
Views: 496   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 9, 2007 9:57am
by Jake
Easter
HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE
Views: 207   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 8, 2007 3:29pm
by Lee Muria
New band
Hey guys Sorry i havent been on here for a long time, ive been very busy with a new band and a new job. But anyway, i hope everyone is ok, im just about to start reading through all the posts ive missed now. Anyway, ive recently joined a band called Son Of Science...
Views: 501   Replies: 12
Last Post: Apr 7, 2007 6:12pm
by LegatoMan
b
Brian
Help with a Vowel
I need help in figuring out how to pronounce a certain vowel. The word I need to sing is "ALL" and it's on a G above middle C. The note itself is easy for me to hit with other vowels but I tend to squeeze it and go flat with the word "ALL". Any help would be ap...
Views: 255   Replies: 3
Last Post: Apr 7, 2007 5:22pm
by Brian
a
abe
I'll do IT now!
Hey guys I think that's my time to start learning power push. 1.Should I buy Jaime's other book about breathing? 2. I tense many different muscles while I'm in toilet; so I don't really understand that concept. And since I'm men there is problems with ''baby conc...
Views: 426   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 6, 2007 6:00pm
by Brandon Selvey
Argh: The Double Definition of Falsetto.
Hey everyone, Even though this is a kind of critical comment on RYV, I hope it doesn't come across as some attack on Jaime. I obviously don't mean to criticise him in any way...I just REALLY want to settle this debate once and for all. You can probably already gue...
Views: 930   Replies: 42
Last Post: Apr 6, 2007 8:23am
by Martin H
I owe an apology...
My internet has been down for the last 3 days, and I'm on a friend's comp right now, but I apologize if I've left anyone hanging. I'll try to get to as many as possible tonight. Just have a little patience. Thanx friends! Brandon Selvey
Views: 437   Replies: 1
Last Post: Apr 5, 2007 6:47pm
by oiselle
Boss TU-80 Tuner
I purchased the Boss TU-80 tuner today. It is chromatic from E0 - C8 with a +/-1cent accuracy. It has a reference tone from C4 - B4. And it comes with a substantial metronome. The tuner will pick-up a hum but not a lip roll until you get pretty high. Is t...
Views: 227   Replies: 0
Last Post: Apr 5, 2007 7:10am
by Chris Cartier
question about singing low notes
Hi again everyone, I'd like to ask a question about singing low notes. I've noticed that most of the discussion here is about singing high notes. As I said in one of my previous posts, I'm just interested in singing for enjoyment; I have no intention of becoming...
Views: 425   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 5, 2007 7:10am
by Martin H
Stonger head voice weaker falsetto?
Well basically been noticing that my head voice has been getting stronger. However my falsetto is becoming weaker, which hey I don't mind. But I just thought it to be a little weird, cuz i thought head voice also utilized your false cords to produce the resonance nee...
Views: 327   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 5, 2007 2:06am
by Jordan Harris
My Sons band
Let me know what you guys think! http://www.myspace.com/perfektstate
Views: 274   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 4, 2007 7:00am
by Paul Adrian V.
Hiting a B
Dam im mad im recording a project and there is a back up in vocals the i supposed to hit a b below high c. Big problems it is like fallsetto very weak. And the im using the power push right i feel that my voice is not getting in my head. what to do?
Views: 429   Replies: 7
Last Post: Apr 4, 2007 1:20am
by spektor
Very confused...
Quick backstory. I'm 39 and the closest thing to singing I've done was calling cadence in the Army last century. I've got some friends who play in a band - parties, a few local festivals, etc. - and it always looked like fun. So I'm at surfing school last summer (I k...
Views: 324   Replies: 5
Last Post: Apr 3, 2007 8:50pm
by Phillip
n
Nancy
A speedy recovery when you are sick
Since I've been sick all week with a throat infection, I wanted to share what I did for a speedy recovery: I've been pounding the water down by the hour. Well I always did this water thing in the past, because I don't take any medications when I am sick. I prefe...
Views: 399   Replies: 12
Last Post: Apr 3, 2007 5:53pm
by Paul Phoenix
New song called "Dreamer"
Hi everyone, I hope that you and your voices are well. Just thought I'd mention that I wrote a song a while ago, called "Dreamer". If you feel like listening to it, please do so at www.myspace.com/antonzilla And don't be to harsch on the guitar-playing, I had...
Views: 305   Replies: 2
Last Post: Apr 3, 2007 5:20pm
by AntonZilla
Looking for a Larynx model
Hi all, Actually, I'm looking for a Larynx model which I wanna use during voice teaching programs. I know there are some for sale on the internet but I'm wondering if one of you would have it for a better price. Just let me know Thanks, Magali Luyten...
Views: 587   Replies: 11
Last Post: Mar 31, 2007 5:48pm
by oiselle
n
Nancy
wisdom teeth
Has anyone ever had the following problem.... My 4th wisdom tooth is coming in and when the last 3 came in, I always got a nasty throat infection with their onset. I get clogged sinuses and runny nose. The whole 9 yards. Just curious. I still have my other wisdo...
Views: 350   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 30, 2007 8:52pm
by Nancy
t
Tysro
Defenitions
Hi Jaime. I am only familiar with the Singing Success terminology of the voice. I have not bought your program yet so most of the time I have no Idea what you guys are talking about. What i wanted to ask is if someone could explain the definitions that you use in SS...
Views: 373   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 30, 2007 5:27am
by Paul Adrian V.
a
andy
101 Singing Tips
Obviously, Jaime is the man and I have a lot of respect for his vocal coaching. However, it is good to read other material. I just bought a book by Adam St James called "101 Singing Tips-Stuff All The Pro's Know and Use". It is a good read and pretty basic. I Haven't...
Views: 357   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 28, 2007 10:59pm
by El JoNNo
Woot!
I made it into the Music Education degree program at the university I attend! I'm very excited, because I auditioned in the Summer (2006) and didn't get it, but this time around I managed it! My dream job is to be a music teacher at the Elementary or High Schoo...
Views: 239   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 28, 2007 2:10pm
by SingingStar7
Folds and cords
Are vocal folds and vocal cords synonymous or is it important to distinguish both terms? Merci ;) Mag
Views: 246   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 28, 2007 10:51am
by oiselle
x
Xavier
Swollen whistle
Hi everyone... I read somewhere the other day that some people can ONLY do the whistle voice when their cords have nodules and stuff.... It has come to my attention that I can only do whistle tones when my cords are swollen (ie. waking up after a conecert)... Do y...
Views: 337   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 28, 2007 9:32am
by Jens
mix voice?
hi.. normally i speak at f2-g2.. well after training RYV for a while and started to sing something.. i noticed that i start the mixed voice in F3.. if not i will use that loud chest voice and sound like a opera singer.. lol. but the mixed voice is so.. i dont...
Views: 480   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 27, 2007 12:01pm
by chrisphx
For those that believe rock singing is dangerous
Here is a quote from Randy Buescher, a speech pathologist in Chicago and former SLS teacher. ________________________________________________________ In a message dated 4/30/2003 10:31:29 PM Central Standard Time, sally.collyer@... writes: > Dear Randy > >...
Views: 431   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 26, 2007 8:25pm
by Paul Phoenix
n
Nancy
Pagan's Mind
I'm really REALLY REEALLLY into this band right now. It's been about a month of listening to their stuff on myspace. www.myspace.com/pagansmind. Love the songs Embracing Fear, Through Osiris's Eyes and Supremacy of its Kind. I'm really into prog bands right now....
Views: 350   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 26, 2007 7:45pm
by Nancy
a
abe
Jaime, Brandon, Let's Prove!!!!
Ok this maybe sound lika a storm in a teacup but it's importante for younger singers. Lately I have come across very confusing statements in other forums. I'll quote someof them like: about raspy singing: ''well, it's the truth. There is no way of creating a 'dam...
Views: 544   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 26, 2007 4:05pm
by Jaime Vendera
Question/Thought for Jamie
About reinforced falsetto being a wall that singers might hit in the process of developing there voices. Before you had high full voice notes throughout your range you obviously learned to trancend into full voice from that. The problem is I feel like many singers in...
Views: 289   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 26, 2007 4:04pm
by Jaime Vendera
How the Larynx works
I found this article - It is pretty informative and has diagrams http://www.voice.northwestern.edu/howworks.html
Views: 303   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 25, 2007 9:40pm
by Nancy
Jaime on wikipedia
I searched Jaime on wikipedia and the section on him is quite pathetic. I was thinking it might help publicity if someone wrote up a small article on him. I'd do it but i'm afraid my grammer skills and knowledge of him is very limited.. just a thought
Views: 405   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 25, 2007 8:25pm
by John
Falsetto
I am curios how high everyone can go in falsetto. I can currently reach D6 on a good day but it fluxuates(sp?)
Views: 652   Replies: 18
Last Post: Mar 25, 2007 12:00pm
by chrisphx
Video for Cell Phone
Hey, during breaking 8 wineglasses today, my son decided to catch one on his Razor Phone. Anyone know how to upload it somewhere in case my crazy fans want to put it on their cell phones??? JV
Views: 241   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 24, 2007 9:07pm
by Nancy
Jaime breaking glass in Paris
Jaime once again ruled that night: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwlJN_ZhQoM the quality is bad, cause I recorded the show with my camera on the tv screen, haha Enjoy ! Mag
Views: 392   Replies: 14
Last Post: Mar 24, 2007 3:31pm
by oiselle
x
Xavier
SInging success and full voice...
As far as I knew SS is an SLS system, but in the wabpage it says: ....My secret for "dissolving" your break, so you'll never have to flip into falsetto again, but you'll still sing as high as you want--in full voice.... Does this mean that this system is more t...
Views: 250   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 24, 2007 12:43pm
by Jaime Vendera
Just curious...
Well guys, I've only been head advisor for a couple of days now, and I'm kinda curious as to what you all think. Am I doing a good job so far? Or do I need to change anything? Or do you have any suggestions for me? Whatever anyone says, I promise I won't be offend...
Views: 312   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 24, 2007 9:29am
by Jaime Vendera
Heavy Metal: Good for Teenagers
Sorry; this is not really voice related but... Since there seems to be quite a few metal heads in here, I just thought I'd share this article about how, in contrary to common belief, metal can positively affect teenagers. Enjoy! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/conn...
Views: 273   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 24, 2007 7:54am
by oiselle
x
Xavier
Thank you's and th importance of non vocal exercises
first off my little speaking problems are going away tryin the stuff all of you told me on the other post :D so today I did some exercises, and here is what I realized: NON VOCAL EXERCISES ARE REALLY TH THING in some situations... With melissa's tongue st...
Views: 389   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 23, 2007 7:54pm
by oiselle
Harmony vocals
Hi guys, which is the best method/book/dvd to learn harmony vocals? (i mean the art of instantly sing a background vocal). Thanks.
Views: 407   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 23, 2007 12:07pm
by oiselle
Unique Rock band doing Phantom of Opera
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Kc-sBtPcBI I thought this was actually really cool, listen to the guy near the end he goes up and sounds pretty awesome.
Views: 355   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 22, 2007 11:37pm
by someguyinatshirt
j
John
Screaming and raspyness.
Since a few people brought this up. And I'm sorry if it has been discussed at some point before. I looked for any other threads on this subject.. My goal at some point is to scream high pitched. Not exactly like Rob Halford, not quite that High. But higher tha...
Views: 542   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 21, 2007 4:10pm
by Brandon Selvey
Participate in a discussion with America's Top Vocal Instructors
Be a part of the first discussion with the Voice Council from TC Helicon- The round-table discussion on "Monitors & Monitoring" with Stewart McClellan will be on Wednesday the 21st at 11:00 PST / 2:00 EST. Call into the number below and at 11:00 PST, Stew...
Views: 477   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 21, 2007 1:05pm
by John
Brandon Selvey- New director of The Voice Connection Message Board
Due to my CRAZY schedule (TONS of new products this year) I am appointing Brandon as my message board advisor. My time is limited so I won't be on here daily. I promise to drop in at least once a week. Brandon and I have worked together for almost two years and my de...
Views: 516   Replies: 18
Last Post: Mar 21, 2007 11:57am
by Magali Luyten
Progress - 48 Songs live...
Some of you may have seen my post earlier this past week about doing lip bubbles the wrong way this whole time - well I worked on them all week. Getting the "Sound" while being able to descend from falsetto through full voice. I'm still not perfect w/ them, but day...
Views: 352   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 20, 2007 11:46am
by wylde342
Exercise and lesson books
I wish we could do an actual poll here :) OK so here is my question - most people have ryv Me included but I am curious about some of the other material out there. What are the most productive learning tools available based on your experiance with them??????...
Views: 360   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 20, 2007 10:24am
by Chrisphx
The heavier your voice type?
The heavier your voice type the more it will be bigger the higher you are? Also the lighter your voice type the easier it is for agility,riffed phrases? Also if u have a lighter voice type, is it easier to maintain high notes? People always tell me I have a...
Views: 374   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 20, 2007 12:53am
by Nate
x
Xavier
tips on speaking voice
it seems my speaking voice has been degrading a bit and I would like to know if anyone has some tips on improving my speaking voice, I would really appreciate: a. how to diminish glottal attack b. how to find my correct pitch for talking c. extra tips :D Thes...
Views: 282   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 19, 2007 10:22pm
by oiselle
interesting singing
Saw this on the Dream Theater forums thought you guys might find it interesting http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVyyhHFKI8E your thoughts Jaime?
Views: 342   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 19, 2007 7:53pm
by Brandon Selvey
Vocal nasal resonance?
I was wondering if there was any exercises that focus on nasaly resonance? I find that if I am find resonance in my nasal I can spread it out very largely, and let it relax there. This has helped me with the head range. I think I been in such habit constantly forcing...
Views: 239   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 19, 2007 12:06pm
by oiselle
Views: 282   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 19, 2007 7:45am
by dj tyrone
x
Xavier
Knowledge is power
Just something that I found useful and I think it is appropiate to share. Even though most of the time Jaime emphasizes not over analyzing stuff, for me at least having a better understanding of each of theparts of the larynx and resonators involved in voice producti...
Views: 272   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 19, 2007 5:33am
by Jaime Vendera
j
Jens
Soft palate
Ok here's the deal ive noticed that when i take my highest notes my Soft palate lowers realy much thus closing off the entire vocal path in the back. can someone give a tip on how to train it to remain raised? ive tried the yawn and the big tenor breaths, but the...
Views: 399   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 19, 2007 12:48am
by Jens
Jaime once told me...
...that you learn from everything. That being said, I don't think he'd mind if I asked anyone on this board if they've purchased Melissa Cross's Zen of Screaming 2. I have the first one, and i liked it, but I was wondering if the new one was worth purchasing too....
Views: 318   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 18, 2007 8:08pm
by Brandon Selvey
Mental blocks - letting go.
Do any of you have tough times "Letting go" to sing the BIG NOTES? It's a wild trick your brain plays on you that when you feel some high note coming, you tense up and push harder when that's the opposite of what you should do. Example - we do "Livin On A Prayer....
Views: 313   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 18, 2007 5:40pm
by chrisphx
j
John
Down with the sickness
No...not Disturbed. I am sick today and cannot sing at all. I hate it because I sing everyday and just can't do it today. I don't have strip throat but my throat is sore, a bit of a headache and muscle aches and I just feel awful. Anyone have those days or so...
Views: 331   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 18, 2007 2:37pm
by Jaime Vendera
who wants sing for a kick'n rock/metal band???
hi, my name's brandon and i'm in a band called metaphoria. we have a manager, bill goodwin. were located in the seattle area. our influences are tool, metallica, guns n roses ect. we have music up and posted @ www.myspace.com/metaphoria and http://bandmix.com/profil...
Views: 305   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 18, 2007 8:30am
by John
a
abe
Jaime help me please
I've been trying to do some falsetto exercises now for a very long time but last 3 monthes I have only relaxed mix. I have been using Bratts programm too so I already knew about lip bubble, nay nay nay, mom and gug exercises when i got you're RYV. But there you makes...
Views: 295   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 18, 2007 4:15am
by abe
The Reality
After all this time I've realised, you have to practice for at least 3 hours per day, preferably 6. And when I say this I mean you have to rehearse with a relaxed, de stressed voice in order to ingrain muscle memory. I'm through looking for the magic pill and r...
Views: 433   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 17, 2007 12:51pm
by Paul Phoenix
j
John
The vocal break or break point.
At one point when I first ever went to a vocal teacher, she said I would never increase in range that was 5 or so years ago. It devistated me and discouraged me. I almost quit, until I decided to try Vocal Power By Mr. Gillette. You talk about this in RYV. And...
Views: 502   Replies: 5
Last Post: Mar 16, 2007 6:00am
by Jaime Vendera
The Middle Voice break
So, I've been working with RYV for a few months now and seeing some REALLY good progress, your system really works jaime!!! However, my main problem area (as most people's probably is i assume) is the area around my chest to middle voice break. I can get through pret...
Views: 253   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 16, 2007 5:58am
by Jaime Vendera
j
John
Singers who have destroyed their voices.
I know a few that just can't sing like they use to anymore and just aren't the same. Vince Neil;not sure what happened to his voice but he can't even finish the lyrics half the time anymore. He skips words and all that. I don't think he really took care of his...
Views: 550   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 15, 2007 7:10pm
by John
Lip Bubbles....wrong!!
So, I've been doing lip bubbles "my way" forever. This past day, I did something different and all the sudden - the sound was SO much bigger. I never realized it, but when I do lip bubbles, I put my tongue up to the front roof of my mouth. For some reason, I laid...
Views: 231   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 15, 2007 4:53pm
by Jaime Vendera
power pushing the crapper
this might sound crazy anyway. I been singing in karaoke bars. For practice. Love it. But man i can't sing i feel clumsy. I pulled up round and round by ratt. People in bar the come up to me and say great voice. That makes me very happy. Andway i amagin in about...
Views: 471   Replies: 9
Last Post: Mar 15, 2007 10:05am
by oiselle
NEWS: Human Voice Works Like a Jet Engine
Here is an article on Yahoo News that claims that the Human Voice works like a Jet Engine It's very interesting. Tim
Views: 262   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 15, 2007 10:03am
by oiselle
Jamie, what make and model chromatic tuner do you use?
For the singing exercises you do.
Views: 217   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 15, 2007 3:14am
by Chris Cartier
JapeneseJaime
I DIDNT UNDERSTAND A THING THAT THEY SAID
Views: 367   Replies: 15
Last Post: Mar 14, 2007 11:11pm
by Jaime Vendera
John Elefante
For some reason, I find myself listening to a lot of John Elefante's material - both with Kansas, and the material he released as Mastedon in the mid/early 80's. He was always one of my favorite singers. i know a lot of people spazzed out when Steve Walsh left Kansa...
Views: 276   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 14, 2007 10:09pm
by Skullsplitter
revised edition(s)
Hi everyone, Just a quick question here. I read over some of the old comments. Some of the earliest comments are about an upcoming revised edition of RYV. I thought to myself, "Oh Jamie has been working on that revised edition for some time now," but then I rea...
Views: 280   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 14, 2007 4:52pm
by Jaime Vendera
Bullfrogs - A question for Jamie V
I now do 500 bullfrogs daily and can successfully lip bubble 'Separate Ways'. I have found that I can apply more resistance to the bullfrog exercise by pushing a finger underneath my chin applying resistance to the exercise. Will this make my larynx lowering mu...
Views: 775   Replies: 23
Last Post: Mar 14, 2007 4:50pm
by Jaime Vendera
Check out this shredding
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihBcODXja4U&mode=related&search=
Views: 337   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 14, 2007 11:30am
by Doug Skene
What is this he goes into?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYsqUEfmS-o Watch about half way through he comes in at about 3:00. Listen when he goes up so easily into his high register, what is he usin? Is this a mix? This sounds different from the rock type sound.Also doesn't sound like pop o...
Views: 284   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 13, 2007 1:16pm
by jlk7jester
5 New Interviews
Check out the new interviews. JV PS-Pay close attention to to the Adam Lopez interview. I didn't do it. It was our newest Member of The Voice Connection team ;)
Views: 333   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 13, 2007 8:34am
by Paul Adrian V.
n
Nancy
Jonathan Spencer
Dammmmmm.. I just saw the one of the 2 live lessons with this guy. That was awesome. I think Jaime is Brian Johnson in disguise.
Views: 318   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 12, 2007 9:36pm
by Nancy
C3
I wanted to verify something because we are heading to mexico and all I will have is my acoustic: Is C3 - the A string on the 3rd fret??????? Anyone have any good vocal patterns for the c scale on guitar?????
Views: 224   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 11, 2007 3:56pm
by chrisphx
What is Jamie's email?
I can't find it i think it left when i formated
Views: 345   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 11, 2007 11:54am
by chrisphx
m
MATT
BRAD DELP
WE JUST LOST ONE OF THE WORLDS GREATEST SINGERS BRAD DELP REST IN PEACE
Views: 377   Replies: 4
Last Post: Mar 10, 2007 4:56pm
by andy
Off To New York
I won't be o the board for about a week. I am heading to NY to finish up a book with co-author Tony Harnell. Have fun on here and I'll post when I get back. JV
Views: 342   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 9, 2007 10:56pm
by chrisphx
Ultimate Breathing question re: # of times
Hey guys, just a quick question for Jamie, and for anyone else who's doing the Ultimate Breathing workout. I stopped doing it for a while, but now I'm getting back into it. Today is day 2 of being back on the program ;). What I personally tend to do is do ea...
Views: 339   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 9, 2007 8:45pm
by Anthony
losin control
Sometimes i find myself like im losin control on the right pitch of the high notes... im can hear those imperfection only after recordin myself How can resolve this problem? Thanks!
Views: 374   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 9, 2007 2:36pm
by LegatoMan
Tonsils (uvela?)
So this is kind of a weird question but something that I noticed watching myself in the mirror. There is a slot or groove in the back of my throat and it looks like depending on where I am in falsetto that my tonsils(Are they what you call the uvela?) slide up and do...
Views: 317   Replies: 6
Last Post: Mar 8, 2007 8:19pm
by Jaime Vendera
x
Xavier
Jaime, you ARE going to hate this question
Ok OK I know you dislike the whole vocal classification stuff.. but well here's the deal, I am a supposedly a baritone ..... I was trying to sing something tday and NOTHING worked and my voice sounds pretty weak compared to the guy from tool .... BUT I was just fool...
Views: 344   Replies: 3
Last Post: Mar 8, 2007 8:18pm
by Jaime Vendera
n
Nancy
Ra Band
I've had RYU for a week now, which BTW is an awesome book. I'm very curious to hear the vocalist from the band RA that Jaime mentions in the book. Have they disbanded because I cannot find any info of them on the web? That website www.raband.net is not available.
Views: 334   Replies: 1
Last Post: Mar 8, 2007 6:54pm
by Jaime Vendera
try again..
here is my video again for those of you that couldnt find it before. Spektor
Views: 326   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 8, 2007 5:29pm
by spektor
We Turn this now
If interested my new tune posted in my space. www.myspace.comspektormusic
Views: 398   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 8, 2007 9:29am
by spektor
I feel like everyones sick haha
Everyone I talk to is like sick. I now am also sick I been doing the dosages of vitamin C. I been under a ton of stress lately with school, I was all all night last night studying for a test. So Yeah I get spring break next week I can't wait. I think I'm gonna schedu...
Views: 306   Replies: 8
Last Post: Mar 7, 2007 8:50pm
by Jaime Vendera
j
John
Breathing Guide
I met Jaime on Myspace who in return I had seen on Mythbusters. I had no idea he was a vocal teacher until someone mentioned him over at metal method. I took vocal lessons from a local teacher in my area 7 years ago and used and still use Jim Gilette's Vocal Powe...
Views: 530   Replies: 10
Last Post: Mar 7, 2007 11:19am
by John
Knowing if you have the right placement?
I been told by my singing teacher I keep placing my voice too far in the back at times when I sing on certain vowels, and its making me stumble and loose correct placement. I also notice I do this, but I feel if I place my voice too front it rises into my nose?...
Views: 352   Replies: 7
Last Post: Mar 6, 2007 8:02pm
by oiselle
Jens
Now this is the deal ive been getting a small cold and a little lump located just to the upper left of my larynx has swollen. anyone has an idea of what this is? first i thought that maybe ive got a polyp or some other nasty thing. But my girlfriend also has that l...
Views: 257   Replies: 2
Last Post: Mar 5, 2007 10:19am
by hmm might need s...
Can you introduce yourself...?
Just wanted to say hello to everybody on this forum ! I guess we have about 99 % singers here and that's really great. Owned by one of the best vocal coaches on this planet, Jaime seems to be a PROUD BUT MODEST guy and these qualities are going so well together.....
Views: 556   Replies: 13
Last Post: Mar 5, 2007 4:44am
by Red
x
Xavier
Psycho Larynx? Depressive larynx??
Hi there, long time no post .... today my question is really short :P ... here's the deal, when I do a note in falsetto near g5 my larynx goes exaggeratedly down :s, sometimes it kinda bothers me.... does anyone have any idea?? oh, some more details.... in the pas...
Views: 238   Replies: 0
Last Post: Mar 4, 2007 12:24am
by Xavier
Interesting Dragonforce show last night
I was about to post a question for Jaime about my head voice kinda dying out certain days when I vocalize. It usually happens when there's a discoordination with my breath support and chords and I experience a lot of cracking as I approach the break. Then my headvoic...
Views: 447   Replies: 12
Last Post: Mar 3, 2007 4:11pm
by altered
Josh Grobin
What do you guys think of this cat? Not neccesarily stylewise but as far as his vocal abilities and tonality.
Views: 637   Replies: 31
Last Post: Mar 1, 2007 6:11pm
by chrisphx
Vtamin C
I have read all the posts regarding vitamin c and a sore throat. I have been gargling with acv and taking 2000 mg of vitamin c every 2 hrs but my throat is still killing me. How long does this typically take to kill the infection?
Views: 336   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 28, 2007 7:33pm
by chrisphx
o
oryzin
I've got a qustion about UBW
Oh happy day, I just recieved my copy of RYV and UBW today. as of today i am forgeting anything i know about singing so that i will have a clean slate. hell man, if it doesn't work i can alway revert back to my old ways. Anyone doing the ubw the first exercise maxi...
Views: 353   Replies: 2
Last Post: Feb 28, 2007 6:15pm
by Jaime Vendera
This chicks TONE!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwffvU3U4ME Yes, the video is cheesy as HELL, but her tone is just sick. My God - MARRY ME!
Views: 276   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 28, 2007 3:09pm
by altered
Developing a voice like Michael Buffer or Howard Stern
Michael Buffer, that rich tone and vast speaking range. The guy who does the 'Lets get ready to rummmmmmble!'. How did he develop a voice like that. Or Howard Stern's rich encapsulating voice. I've followed programs by people like Roger Love and Carol Fleming a...
Views: 438   Replies: 5
Last Post: Feb 26, 2007 1:30pm
by James Fater
29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
Free Forum powered by Bravenet