THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
OLYMPOS MONS new record out now!!!
The long awaited new album is finally out. Heavier than ever, stronger melodies and bigger production, OLYMPOS MONS are back. Armed to their teeth! http://www.scarletrecords.it MEDIEVIL RELEASED IN JAPAN The new album was released in Japan by Avalo...
Views: 210   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 17, 2007 2:09pm
by Lee Muria
ALL THINGS RAISE YOUR VOICE
Hello all, Now that we've moved the messageboard, feel free to discuss any topics about RYV that you feel like :) JV
Views: 412   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 10:19pm
by LegatoMan
Star Spangled Banner
Anyone sing this song? It seems alot of singers have problem with this song, even very good singers. Maybe its because of the range or vowels I'm not sure.
Views: 362   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 10:14pm
by LegatoMan
Got my tickets to see my 2nd David Phelps concert YES!
I'm super excited. I never seen anyone perform better then David in concert. Hes definitely the real deal. You don't hear him sing watered down version of his songs like some artists do. He sing its full power, and you feel it on those high notes. Even if you aren't...
Views: 297   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 9:01pm
by LegatoMan
Siren Exercise Questions
Am I doing this right? Siren Example I've noticed a few things here, that I get much louder when I sing higher, and there seems to be some grit on the higher part. One thing that really bothers me about my voice is that my higher range sounds really "young"...
Views: 439   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 3:40pm
by Dave Cardwell
Creatine? Dehydrating?
I been working out for the last month trying to pack on muscles, which is working I went from 150 to 154 now I weigh 164. I been taking protein powder gainer, but I actually seen their is creatine in it, which I know they say to drink lots of water with. Does crea...
Views: 332   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jul 15, 2007 2:25am
by jlk7jester
Tawn Mastrey benefit-World's greatest rock & metal DJ
The message below is from Cara Mastrey, Tawn's sister. Tawn has been a DJ since the 80's and has interviewed everyone in rock. You might also know her from Hair Nation on Sirius satellite. Please check it out, along with the site. We'd appreciate it if you'd donate t...
Views: 228   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 8:04pm
by Jaime Vendera
Holding notes, then they flutter
As you many of you know, I'm into grit. But I'm still deeply bothered by the fact that I cannot achieve grit in my mid-range as heavily as I'd like. My mid range ends up sounding more like a breathy fry. Anyhoot, I was noticing today that there seems to be a direc...
Views: 251   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 7:15pm
by oiselle
Disturbing larynx-tension and a lack of resonance
Hi all! I've really come far vocally if I compare this year to the previous, and that feels awesome, but right now I'm stuck. Lately (the past 1-2 weeks) I've been experiencing tension beneath the chin and in the larynx-area. I've tried humming, lip-bubbles, s...
Views: 272   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 1:26pm
by AntonZilla
Rest time about how long?
Just curious if you messed up your voice about how long should you rest for? I'm thinking atleast 2-4 days?
Views: 313   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 14, 2007 12:55pm
by jlk7jester
Digitech VL2
Just picked up a new Digitech VL2 Vocal Processor the other day. This is one of the coolest things I have ever had on stage. The unit harmonizes with your voice a 3rd or a 5th above, and a 3rd or a 5th below. There is also a unison to beef up your vocals. Most of...
Views: 292   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 3:17pm
by Jaime Vendera
Things suck
Well since i had that breakthrough a few weeks back, nothing has been the same. My singing is worse, im straining loads, my voice is tired after about 4 songs from Images and words, and theres loads of phlegm on my throat so i cant help but clear it. Ive tried ever...
Views: 497   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 3:08pm
by Xavier
Mertonome files
This might sound like an odd request, but anyway. What I'm after is a number of recordings of a metronome at various speeds that I can playback on my mp3 player when I practice. A couple of minutes length would be ideal. Wav or mp3 is fine. In particular I'm after 60...
Views: 216   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 13, 2007 6:52am
by Martin N
describing breathiness, etc.
What do you do when a person literally can't differentiate between the sound of a breathy tone, and that of a non-breathy tone, and you're trying to tell them to eliminate it? They can't hear or feel what they're doing wrong, and so don't know how to adjust. Anyo...
Views: 319   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 12, 2007 8:49am
by oiselle
a
andy
Sore Throat
Hey all, Last night I had a terrible sore throat. I had a gig at work today and I was afraid that I would have a frog's croak. I read the RYV section on Touring Singers Checklist. Jaime suggested a nasty concoction of honey, cheyenne pepper, salt, lemon and Apple...
Views: 263   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 11, 2007 10:11pm
by andy
Falsetto slide
when im doing falsetto slide , when should i switch to full voice or falsetto? Is it when i've reached the breaking point? like im sliding down with falsetto and when i cant go any lower with my falsetto , i switch to full voice and continue sliding down? is t...
Views: 287   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 11, 2007 6:55pm
by Jaime Vendera
r
Ryan
Falsetto Slide Trouble
I am having trouble not breaking into my chest voice. I try to slow down but it still cracks into chest. What else should I work on or should I just keep doing it until I get it?
Views: 234   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 11, 2007 6:53pm
by Jaime Vendera
Is there a way to make an extra window?
The forum now pops up in that little box on the side and I can't really see too well cause its so small. Is there any way to make it so either a new window opens or something so that the forum looks normal size?
Views: 267   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 11, 2007 5:01pm
by Webmistress
r
Robert
Vibrato help?
Can anyone offer any suggestions on how to develop a vibrato? I have tried to imitate other singers..but i feel lost/stuck. I know its produced by a changing pitch of the note. But by what interval should i be trying to change it back and forth? Semitone?...
Views: 214   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 10, 2007 3:41pm
by AntonZilla
Dam high c crap
Having problems singing living on a prayer i hit the note but its weak the second whooow living on a prayer. i hit the hit the note using powerpush and a ball in my head still weak like a weak head voice jackson type sound. whart to do,.
Views: 461   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 10:23pm
by spektor
microphone
So I'm looking for a microphone that doesn't go over the price of $150.Also,my voice teacher said there are certain models that are fit for a female voice. I've seen some on musiciansfriend.com that are like $20,but that seems too good to be true. Anyone know a goo...
Views: 268   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 12:39pm
by CanadianLeprecha...
x
Xavier
Avoid dumb larynx issues hahaha
Hey ! ... So I'm bored out of my mind and I can't sleep (it's 2:36 AM here)... and I figured I might as well tell you something funny I noticed today on my sucky attempts on singing stuff after all the time I was hoarse... Because of the comment a dude made to me abo...
Views: 321   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 9, 2007 2:56am
by Xavier
x
Xavier
HELP, something really screwed up is goign on ! :S
Hi, I have not been sining much lately, but my voice is very groggy from C3 to e2 ( a note which I've NEVER been able to do before, and I do not care about having it but it now is there and sounds VERY bad like a vocal fry with tone)... My voice has lost a LOT of ri...
Views: 402   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 8, 2007 5:52pm
by andy
Strengthening Your Singing Voice?
Strengthening Your Singing Voice can't find this book anywhere.
Views: 371   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 7, 2007 6:54pm
by Jaime Vendera
Congrats Magali
Hey Magali I was just browsing on the internet and decided to check out what Arjen was up to, and i just found out that you're singing on the next Ayreon album! Thats awesome! Good luck! Looking forward to hearing it Lee
Views: 351   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jul 7, 2007 4:21pm
by jlk7jester
r
Ryan
Advice on singing GnR
Hello, good book Jaime. I have recently purchased it and am beginning the exercises. Currently I can sing up to a G4 and A4 but only on a good day. I'm interested in singing Sweet Child of Mine and practice that a lot. I'm trying to figure out if Axl is in falsetto o...
Views: 382   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jul 7, 2007 12:45pm
by wylde342
The push
Ive been having fun singing in a Karaoke bar elton jhon to Ratt round and round. When i finish singing my ass hurts from pushing down. When i go high how do i know im pulling when ju7st i kind of feel the notes on my bridge still kinda in my chest And when i sing...
Views: 333   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 7, 2007 8:32am
by spektor
Caffeine?
I know caffeine is not good for your voice or your body in general. I'm just wondering if your drinking caffeine like one diet soda on a day your not singing would it affect your voice the next day? I basically would like to know how long the effects last and if its...
Views: 294   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 6, 2007 9:33am
by oiselle
Caffeine?
I know caffeine is not good for your voice or your body in general. I'm just wondering if your drinking caffeine like one diet soda on a day your not singing would it affect your voice the next day? I basically would like to know how long the effects last and if its...
Views: 197   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 5, 2007 2:56pm
by Jaime Vendera
Squeeze Your Sphincter
For some reason, when you do this, it works and blasts your voice into a laser. what's the theory behind this. I do this when I talk to people and it blasts them with volume.
Views: 309   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 4, 2007 7:26pm
by Jaime Vendera
correct technique for lip rolls and tongue trills
Hi guys...I'm having a bit of trouble with lip rolls and especially with the tongue trills....what is the correct technique....how do you keep your lips vibrating consistently throughout your range...Is there any change of position of the lips needed for the higher n...
Views: 239   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jul 4, 2007 2:31pm
by oiselle
j
James
Itchy nose during lip roll warm up
my nose gets ridiculously itchy during the lip roll warm up. It's really annoying, I have to scratch it vigorously in between each pitch change in the online audio clip. Just thought I'd share.
Views: 3130   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 4, 2007 5:55am
by Alkis Tsapanidis
Learning to play scales?
I hear alot of similar scales played on the piano done by many singing teachers.I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to play these scales? Or what order they go in?
Views: 323   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 4, 2007 4:41am
by abe
Learning to play scales?
I hear alot of similar scales played on the piano done by many singing teachers.I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to play these scales? Or what order they go in? ect. thanks
Views: 223   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 3, 2007 11:19am
by jlk7jester
so what are we looking at??
I'd like it if someone (preferrably Jaime...) ...could just summarize the line-up of new products that he's abt to come up with and any idea when they're due...I already know abt the Revised edition of RYV (Can't WAIT!!!!)...I've merely heard of The Hard Rock Singer'...
Views: 274   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 3, 2007 11:18am
by jlk7jester
Should voice move towards back as going up?
I notice if I'm humming N or something, as I go higher I feel as though the sound moves more to the back, I generally feel less resonation as I go higher during this however if I open up my mouth it hits extremely loud. So I know I should keep the buzzing sensati...
Views: 421   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jul 3, 2007 6:03am
by oiselle
j
James
Transcending Tone - gradual change, or flipping back and forth?
I just started working on the TT exercise and I find that I am unable to transcend gradually - so far, it has always been a fast transition. Should I aim for a gradual transition, or is a fast transition just as good?
Views: 393   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 1, 2007 10:46pm
by oiselle
members
where do you get the password for the members section, if you've purchased a product?
Views: 268   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 1, 2007 7:18pm
by Jaime Vendera
r
Robs
Audio files on UBW ?
On page 3 of Ultimate Breathing Workout it's wrote: "To access audio files go to www.thevoiceconnection.com, click on the store link, click on audio files, then click on Ultimate Breathing Workout Audio files. The password is ...." Now, I can't find any "...
Views: 227   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jul 1, 2007 7:16pm
by Jaime Vendera
j
James
That VST breathing workout is really effective
After 2 weeks of practice I can exhale slowly and consistently to a count of 50 at 80 bpm. I started out only being able to exhale to a count of 20.
Views: 271   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jul 1, 2007 1:56pm
by Jaime Vendera
r
Ryan
Zipping up
Can anyone explain the zipping up of the vocal chords better to me? I understand the concept, but am having trouble visualizing it happen and would like what to pay attention to as far as how it feels. Any good approach?
Views: 367   Replies: 17
Last Post: Jul 1, 2007 12:50pm
by Paul Adrian V.
j
James
when vocalizing, is there anytime you shouldn't maintain the yawning sensation?
when vocalizing, is there anytime you shouldn't maintain the yawning sensation? jp
Views: 339   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jul 1, 2007 9:49am
by Anthony
Jaime; are you there?
Hey Jaime, I haven't heard from you and I'm starting to be concerned whether or not you got my document... I know you're super busy, but just say yes or no o.k.?! I wouldn't want to hold you up with my doc missing...
Views: 195   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 30, 2007 5:44pm
by oiselle
tones don't match right
So Jaime, I've been working with your method awhile now, and I have gotten a pretty powerful head voice going on. I can do the whole David Phelps thing fairly well now (where he just sounds like a ballsy belter) WAY up top in my head voice by "lowering my center of r...
Views: 338   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 30, 2007 10:24am
by jordan harris
x
Xavier
How to sound girly... REALLY
Hi! I wanted to know what are your views on coloring the sound and stuff, specifically because I was attempting to do a part of Dir en Grey's Saku, and I just can't get the girly tone that he uses from 2:49 until 2:53 (maybe you fin other parts girly, but that interv...
Views: 313   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 10:17pm
by Lee Muria
m
Martin
Developing Vibrato
Hi everyone, I'm just getting back into serious singing after about a 15 year break. And of course I'm finding RYV invaluable. My question is regarding developing pitch vibrato. I've never had a natural vibrato. I'm about to audition for a musical (JCS) and I t...
Views: 297   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 29, 2007 3:08pm
by Jaime Vendera
j
JohnB
Screaming Higher
Haven't been around in a good while but... seems things have changed a little. I've been practicing screaming higher for a while now and finally am able sing songs like:Fly from the inside and Burning brighter by Shinedown for example. In my band we don't do the...
Views: 260   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 28, 2007 6:31pm
by JohnB
j
James
Power Push and Floating Rib Expansion
This will be somewhat graphic Power Push description: To perform the Power Push I need to "push down" in the same fashion as if I were sitting on the throne and pushing out a ginormous log, correct? As opposed to the opposite sphinctoral motion, whereby one would...
Views: 324   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 28, 2007 3:18pm
by oiselle
which one?
Hello Jaime (and everyone else!!) I'm new to the world of vocal instruction and am slightly overwhelmed by the number of programs out there. Also I've noticed that Jaime tends to give other coaches much more credit than is generally the practise among people in th...
Views: 395   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 27, 2007 7:46pm
by Anthony
RYV.....great....but when???
anyone have any idea on when RYV 2 is coming out and whether it's a sequel or a stand-alone book to RYV
Views: 270   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 27, 2007 5:43pm
by Jaime Vendera
j
Jens
Question for jamie! Can you....??
Hey Jamie can you bridge into your whistlerange? If so, will there be any audioexampls of this in RYV2? If not please put in some ;)
Views: 418   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 27, 2007 9:28am
by Jens
x
Xavier
Lower ribs expansion thing !
Just a commentary ! I never really got all the rib expansion stuff and while i was singing Dig... ( By Incubus hahahaha) I was approacching the chorus... aaaaaaandddd..... POP! They automatically stabilized outwards while I was applying support to the high notes in t...
Views: 331   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 26, 2007 10:26pm
by Tim
What do you think is happening?
Hey guys This weekend ive had that breakthrough again, and im starting to get used to where the sound is coming from now. Its really weird, theres no strain or tension at all...the muscle under my chin which is usually the one that tightens is doing nothing, i can...
Views: 348   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 26, 2007 4:16pm
by Lee Muria
Expanding the lower range
Well before I started real voice training I was able to go down to about an G above bass C. Which I believe is G2. Now after a little voice training I was able to go down to E and that felt like that very bottom. Now I'm noticing if I lighten up down there and use a...
Views: 275   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 26, 2007 1:31pm
by jlk7jester
The humming "N"
Yesterday I tried doing this basically getting the "N" sound on the tip of my lips/front teeth. WOW I felt such an unlock of my voice doing this, I went up to a G like nothing. I then decided to open my mouth and an effortless resonant as hell loud G came out and my...
Views: 277   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 26, 2007 6:15am
by oiselle
Arabic Styles, and the Larynx
This is a topic that really interests me. I think my topic line is a little vague, but I think there will be some who know exactly what I'm referring to just from that description. I'll try to give some examples of this style/sound. The best pure example is th...
Views: 421   Replies: 12
Last Post: Jun 26, 2007 3:13am
by Brandon Selvey
j
Jake
Here's a Convenient Way to do RYV Exercises
Hey guys, I found this program called Musebook Tuner (http://www.musebook.com/?page=mbtuner) which is a pitch-detecting program. What's great about it is that it has a sound instrument where you press a virtual keyboard and it plays a pitch that plays forever unless...
Views: 399   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 25, 2007 7:06pm
by Jaime Vendera
Falsetto tone question...
My question pertains to what tone should you be aiming for, that aligns best with proper technique when you're vocalizing at a medium volume - like a 5 on 10 let's say. I notice that when I'm singing in chest register at this volume, and then switch to falsetto, a...
Views: 278   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 25, 2007 2:15am
by Brandon Selvey
j
James
falsetto slide vs resonance hum
What's the difference between the falsetto slide and the resonance hum described in RYV? In both exercises it seems to me that you are sustaining a note until your stomach burns and then sliding down to the bottom of your range.
Views: 219   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 24, 2007 4:29pm
by Jaime Vendera
OMG Jaime Vendera's Partner Needs Help
Hey Guys my name is Matt Adams and I'm working with Jaime on some projects using mindset and your voice. Jaime's being kind enough to allow me to ask for your help. Here's the deal... I'm in the running for a new web reality show called "The Next Internet Mill...
Views: 524   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jun 23, 2007 6:17pm
by jlk7jester
Trailer Boys? sing Queen of the Reich
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT40s016-nY They look like some trailer park boys! I don't know though, but I think they did a pretty good job.
Views: 236   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 23, 2007 12:33am
by andy
Song critique - sounding more professional
Hi everyone... I've been using the RYV techniques for a year now and I've seen big improvments. However, I recently recorded a demo of a song for a new cd, but I'm dissatisfied with my vocals. I don't sound like a great metal singer like Russell Allen for exam...
Views: 320   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 23, 2007 12:00am
by Dave Cardwell
Lack of Sleep Still sing?
Ok, I'm just curious if you should not sing the day of when you have gotten little sleep. What is the minimum sleep you can get and still sing? Is it best to just take the day off or should you still do some easier scales just not go full out? Thanks.
Views: 262   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 8:08pm
by Paul Adrian V.
Pulled neck muscle?
I was wondering if anyone here ever pulled a muscle in their neck, or had a slight pain in the neck while singing? I know you are suppose to take days off from singing every now and again...but I haven't done so in about two months. I've become obsessed with vocal...
Views: 260   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 5:44pm
by oiselle
Help "picking?" out a song? or maybe voicing?
I dont know, Im a guitarist first. Can anyone figure out the notes for Shattered by pantera? And Jaime, thanks I am already seeing an improvement in the strength of voice and is 1 min 21 seconds good sustain? Thats my MAX, for now. hehe Thanks
Views: 324   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jun 22, 2007 9:30am
by Geoff Dickinson
a
abe
My audio- falsetto slide HELP Brandon, Jaime anyone
Hello here is falsetto slide I started with MA not just AH. I don't know why but it was more easy to do it starting with MA-guess it's all in my mind As you can here I'm still terribly breaking in chest but is it correct falsetto? Is that air free falsetto that...
Views: 429   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 21, 2007 5:01pm
by abe
Conciously going into head voice
Hey guys Just been making more progression recently, and one thing thats really starting to sound better is my head voice. Since ive been trying to develop it, everytime i kno theres a head voice part in a song, im conciously aware of it, and i conciously make the...
Views: 524   Replies: 21
Last Post: Jun 21, 2007 2:52pm
by Lee Muria
Vendera Publishing Acquires the complete works of Elizabeth Sabine
We will soon be offering digital downloads of Elizabeth Sabines tapes and video seminar and are now officially in the process of republishing her book Strengthening Your Singing Voice. The downloads will bhe available within a month but the book will be several month...
Views: 419   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 20, 2007 9:26am
by Red
Lighter, Smaller at the Top
Today I was doing some stacatto exercises, (going 'ha' on each note, in a pattern like C3, E3, G3, C4, G3, E3, C3). What I noticed as I reached the E4 then up to the A4# was that the most reliable way to reach it was to make the sound feel lighter, and smaller. It...
Views: 319   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 1:58pm
by jlk7jester
Losing Resonance/Placement
Alright, this is going to be a bit tricky for me to explain, so I'm going to go slow and intricately. 1) Just to make sure that I'm on the right page here: We all talk about placement and we all talk about resonance. Are these two things kind of one in the same?...
Views: 310   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 19, 2007 1:29pm
by Brandon Selvey
m
Mag
Message from Jaime
I talked to Jaime and as some of the messages here are fake, please take them easy They're gonna look into a better board within the next few weeks Mag
Views: 426   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 3:44pm
by Andre Rossell
New Job = Voice Death?
I just got a job at a vacation call center. Yesterday was my first day, it was a horrible experience. Due to how nasty the people were, but also the staff was too intense for that it was only my first day. On top of it, I talked to 470 people in 6hours. By the end of...
Views: 536   Replies: 33
Last Post: Jun 18, 2007 3:09am
by jlk7jester
"Falsetto Slide" question?
This is probably a stupid question but I want to be sure I am doing this exercise correctly. In the book, and audio examples, JV talks about sustaining the pitch for a LONG TIME before sliding down: "Sustain the pitch as long as possible, or until the stomach...
Views: 311   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 4:24pm
by LegatoMan
Happy Father's Day, Jaime!
As the topic says...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! Hope it's a great one! Meagan
Views: 224   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 4:06pm
by LegatoMan
About the falsetto myth
In his book (RYV, page 27) Jaime Vendera says: "Any note that you are able to sing in falsetto, you can learn to sing just as easily in full voice". I just finished reading RYV and I find this really hard to believe. I have always been able to sing really high not...
Views: 466   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 3:56pm
by LegatoMan
Msg from Cobby to the faithful...
Hello fools.. While you may like to amuse yourselves thinking that Cobby was behind the recent "fake"posts, I must burst your insignificent bubble once again...I am not.Not my style. Although I am the inventor of the "fake" post while I was having my way with Pram...
Views: 352   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 3:03pm
by The Invisible Co...
c
Chris
Vocal problems
Hi, I'm in a bit of bind and wondering if there is anything I can do. I've had a septoplasty, which was necessitated by severe allergies causing a deviated septum. The result of the surgery was helpful with blockage, but now due to a medication I am on, my thr...
Views: 265   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 17, 2007 8:45am
by oiselle
impersonation
seriously dude, make people login to use the message board, sometimes its funny, but people are obviously upset about it this time...
Views: 305   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 6:40pm
by COBB KNOBBLER
Are they using full voice or falsetto
Hi everyone, Are these singers using their full voice or falsetto (or maybe both)? How are they doing it? These are a few of my favorite vocalist! Midnight - (Crimson Glory) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BH3h0OS84tM Miljenko Matijevic (Steelheart) http:/...
Views: 484   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 2:16pm
by Alkis Tsapanidis
j
Jake
Cackling sounds during TT?
Hey guys, When I am doing the transcending tone exercise, I basically try to increase the volume to the point where in the beginning I would often flip to pulling chest. I figured that the point right before it would flip to the strained chest is my head voice. On t...
Views: 524   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 7:20am
by Jaime Vendera
a
andy
Jeff Keith(Tesla)
I want to hear what people have to say about my favorite singer. Jeff is not classicly trained, but he is a great singer. He emphasizes feeling and soul over technique and vocal gymnastics. Listen to him on "Thank You", which is a great representation of his style. H...
Views: 407   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jun 16, 2007 7:17am
by Paul Adrian V.
Adam Lopez is attempting to break his own record
I got a short email from him today and part of it said this: My new world record: - I'm going to break my current record one last time... the new vocal note will be B8 above my current C sharp 8. - That's 10 semitones higher and for you tech heads that B8 ma...
Views: 681   Replies: 29
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 10:06pm
by jlk7jester
Journey’s “Lights” ROUND 2
After laying down all the instrumental tracks for “LIGHTS” (the easy part), I thought, now comes the hard part. I took in all of the suggestions found on my previous "Journey...." thread. I tried not to “SIT” on my voice, but I was sitting d...
Views: 518   Replies: 15
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 8:40am
by Andre Rossell
Vocal Acoustic Monitor
Seriously Jaime, when are these damn things coming out? There isn't squat about them on the net. When can we expect to be able to purchase them and what's a good ballpark estimate of their price? Thanks.
Views: 297   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 15, 2007 1:11am
by Metalsinger
Hmm....may wanna look into this Article on Burnlounge....
I usually get allot of similar info about good and bad companys cruising around that have a tendency to mess with the Indie Artist.... If the Federal trade commisions envolved with this... Its amatter of time before they burn out,I can't stand when musicians get...
Views: 271   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 5:28pm
by Jaime Vendera
Listen to this woman's voice
She has such a unique sounding voice. I love how she goes down into chest and owns it. Listen to 3:15 she sounds like a man in chest haha I love it.
Views: 276   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jun 14, 2007 3:30am
by James Fater
Jaime in the UK?
Hey Jaime U mentioned a while back that u wud be going some workshops soon and u wud possibly be doing one in the UK, any more info on that yet? Cheers Lee
Views: 246   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 6:58pm
by Jaime Vendera
Lip bubbles i think im doing it wrong?
Well I never had a problem with lip bubbles until recently. So I decided to watch a video with Josh Morris to see how the lip bubbles were done. I notice I am fine until I am going up I feel as though I'm pulling chest up and its making me break. However once I get a...
Views: 325   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 6:40pm
by jlk7jester
Sun Caged
Hey Paul Just realised that we are playing a gig with you guys at the end of the year, looking forward to meeting you... Catch you later Lee
Views: 217   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 4:59pm
by Paul Adrian V.
Tongue Tension
Today I was vocalizing after doing the falsetto slides, and I noticed a problem I've always had, with tension under the tongue and at the top of the throat. So I tried pulling my tongue out like I do during the warm up, and WOW. When I started to sing, my tongue l...
Views: 327   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 13, 2007 3:48pm
by Jaime Vendera
Hey Oiselle
I'm not sure if you currently live in the Montreal area or not...but do you know of any reasonably priced vocal coaches who are really good and use some of the same techniques as Jaime? I really want to take my daily practicing and vocalizing to the next level but...
Views: 275   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jun 12, 2007 2:07pm
by altered
JaimeVendera.com
I have just purchased the website domain www.JaimeVendera.com and will publish my own site there unless you faithful would like to wire $2,000 american dollars to France by June 17th..Bonjour. Let me know and I will give you a post office address to send to. J. St....
Views: 551   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 9:21pm
by Jon St. Pierre
j
Justin
VIBRATO
I think I have a pretty good voice but when I do long notes, they sound choppy because I don't not know how to add vibrato to my voice. Please help me achieve vibrato! Thank you so much!
Views: 432   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 6:46pm
by Alkis Tsapanidis
Wish Me Luck...
Well, as the summer has begun to slowly slip away, I've made some improvements with my voice, although I haven't ever done any really hard-core RYV stuff. I've just taken some tips from it, and used the Ultimate Breathing Workout. I'm pretty proud of how far I've...
Views: 479   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jun 10, 2007 9:32am
by oiselle
What´s the matter with this site?
I´m getting really dissapointed about all of this voice connection thing... First my ebook does not work, when I tried to send an email to info@voiceconnection.com my email was sent back by hotmail, and now that I try to download the audio files from the memb...
Views: 372   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 9, 2007 10:36pm
by dogears
My first non-rock/metal recording
Hey guys, I've recorded Mad World, by Gary Jules. Check it out. I have over-accentuated some consonants, but oh well, I'm working on that, for now it's my way of avoiding my accent. Cheers
Views: 272   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jun 9, 2007 8:21pm
by Alkis Tsapanidis
acrobat does not open the file
I bought the Ebook version of raising your voice but acrobat reader displays a message like this: "the file is damaged and can not be repaired" What can I do???
Views: 159   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 7, 2007 4:24pm
by Jaime Vendera
Pressing down?
I notice in this clip and alot of David's he starts out in his chest and middle voice letting his voice float. THen it seems as though when he goes into head voice he pushes it down? Is this what your supposed to do? I also notice sometimes he sounds or sings stuffy...
Views: 269   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 2:56pm
by LegatoMan
Oh no! My high notes are gone.
Hey everyone, for a few days now, I haven't been able to vocalise comfortably above C5 (in falsetto) without breaking into a WHISTLE VOICE note about one octave higher. I used to be able to hum really high lines effortlessly, but now the note just "isn't" there....
Views: 420   Replies: 9
Last Post: Jun 6, 2007 2:39pm
by LegatoMan
27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36
Free Forum powered by Bravenet