THE VOICE CONNECTION
SOUND OFF

Welcome to The Voice Connection Sound Off; a forum for users of books like Raise Your Voice, Melody to Madness, The Ultimate Breathing Workout, and Unleash Your Creative Mindset, as well as a place for Vendera Vocal Academy members to interact.

This message board was created so that singers could come together and "sound off" to help support each other during vocal development and the creative process of unleashing the creative spark that occurs when writing and producing music. Currently, myself and vocal coaches Ben Valen, Ray West, and Ryan Wall are here to respond periodicially to your questions, with new vocal coaches coming soon. But, feel free to help each other too:)

This board is here for you to ask questions about my and my fellow coach's books, videos, and MP3 programs, as well as offer others help with our vocal techniques. You may also post videos of yourself and your band to share your music and ask for critiques.

Please refrain from negative comments, profanities, spamming, and inappropriate criticisms of vocal methodologies, vocal coaches, and singers. All negative posts will be deleted and subject to banning without question. I will not respond to negative posts, because, as Mark Twain once said, “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.” With that said, positive criticism is welcome because that is how you'll grow as a singer during the training process.

The Voice Connection - Sound Off
Start a New Topic 
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
j
Jake
How Many Octaves
Guys, I'm really bad with musical theory Just wondering how many octaves a typical song covers? I know it's different with every song, but a ballpark estimate with the verses and chorus.
Views: 342   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 22, 2008 2:14pm
by James
r
ROBOT
Is this a safe way to scream [short mp3 included]
http://www.musichopper.com/screaming.mp3 This was me singing about 2 years ago... I got sick of singing the high end part of the song in falsetto clean and lame... I had no idea what head voice was. I had no idea about anything... leave it at that. So anyway, I d...
Views: 340   Replies: 6
Last Post: Jan 22, 2008 1:53pm
by Alkis Tsapanidis
enka music
hello I am new here I hope to learn a lot from all of you!! well do you know enka music? well it is a traditional kind of music I realy love it since the first time i heard I like heavy metal but this it s another thing I hope you enjoy and make your comments abo...
Views: 126   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 21, 2008 10:50am
by kiskipuich
Low notes on the falsetto slide
Hey, I'm having kind of an issue on the falsetto slide. I want to know if this is normal. My vocal break point is around E-F4 (E-F above middle C) So falsetto below those notes are a little weird to me in the first place, but today when I was trying them (first time...
Views: 261   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 21, 2008 8:42am
by James
2 notes at once
Jaime, Can you tell me how to sing 2 notes at once like Jim Gillette? I can make the basic overtone sound, but I can't make the "Fighting Mad" tone or such. Can you help me out?
Views: 306   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 20, 2008 9:15am
by Jaime Vendera
m
Maxime
My lesson with Magali Luyten.
I saw Magali Luyten yesterday. We talked for a long time. She's a GOOD person, she's so cool I love her:) She's a very good vocal coach! Jaime she told me that you intend to go to Paris soon. She'll see you. I'd like to be there with you :)
Views: 181   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 20, 2008 5:25am
by Maxime
stamina..when the going gets tough.
Hello all, December is my crazy busy gigging month...so this last xmas, i was ready in novemebr,plenty of trips to the gym and lots of lip bubbles. i started a run of 30 gigs, some days doing two gigs ... ( thats loading 2-4 k of pa and equipment myself an...
Views: 258   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 19, 2008 8:55pm
by vince uk
does this person have a wide range or just a high voice??
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wFFXyTSduhE&feature=related so does this singer have a high voice or he has a wide range?? how do you lot think about his upper notes? its full voice in head register? or strain? or waht??
Views: 273   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 19, 2008 10:35am
by Tuomas
t
Tuomas
Results of RYV?
Hi again I resently posted about my problems with singing, so I thought it would be reasonable enuff to post a clip from my friend who has also done the same exercises and how it has worked for him. Feel free to comment, the song is our bands - X-Virgin http://...
Views: 239   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 19, 2008 9:58am
by Jake
a
ajB
High Chewbacca.
How high can Chewbacca go? By raising the chewbacca to higher notes will I simultaneously be training my muscles in the proper way necessary for High full voice tone? (I can only barely do it in mid-range and it slips away when I do a little slide upwards) I...
Views: 257   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 18, 2008 1:23pm
by silo
t
Tuomas
Tightening that avoids the exercises?
Hi guys! First of all, thanks Jaime about the forum, its really helping. I got to my head registery thanks to these exercises, but the sound is very strained. I have managed to get all other strains away, but this last one is driving me insane since none of th...
Views: 172   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 18, 2008 9:59am
by Tuomas
m
maxime
Jaime, listen to this! It's Magali ;)
This is Magali Luyten: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=CafyFIDe_ak I loooooove this song and her voice! She's very talented! I'm so exciting about taking a singing lesson with her! PS: maybe you know this song lol.
Views: 442   Replies: 13
Last Post: Jan 18, 2008 9:19am
by Jaime Vendera
Siren
Hey guys, When I am doing the siren, on the high notes should I be going as high as I can while straining to hit them? Because I can't see any other way to go up as high as I can go without straining. Thanks.
Views: 148   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 18, 2008 9:15am
by Jaime Vendera
r
ROBOT
Throat tone on high notes
I had my first real session today doing the exercises and noticed that I am able to sing pretty friggin high in my natural voice. However, when I am on the higher notes my tone sounds almost muffled and like it is real deep... which sucks. lol I tried moving the plac...
Views: 286   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 18, 2008 12:18am
by ROBOT
Laryngitis effect on my voice
I have recently had a severe case of laryngitis and my voice right now is not in the same condition as it was before it. For some reason adding scream to the voice (like Freddie Mercury used to do live) is much easier, but my range has been cut short by about half an...
Views: 130   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 16, 2008 2:37am
by Jay Sin
RYV Study Group Beginning
Before we begin this group I want to make a statement. This is to discuss the techniques in RAISE YOUR VOICE and NOT to incorporate any other subject. It is JUST like studying a book in school...You stick to the chapters and topics discussed in the book as written. T...
Views: 244   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 16, 2008 1:40am
by shrybouski
r
Rhye
Breathing
Hello, I'm new here and I've been working with RYV and ultimate breathing, and I have one question. In RYV Jaime suggests inhaling on a yawn trough the mouth and on TUBW he suggests the nose, which is better when singing nose or mouth?
Views: 179   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 15, 2008 7:34pm
by oiselle
Teenagers?
I am just getting into your program, but I just want to make sure that this program is safe for teenagers with voices just starting to develop, like starting to get deeper and everything. Thanks.
Views: 126   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 14, 2008 10:11pm
by Austin
Vocal health question concerning products
1. About the tea tree oil, lets say you accidentally swallowed some of the "fixer elixir" and that was one of the ingredients in it, what would that actually do? Should you rush to the hospital and get your stomach pumped immediately, or will you just feel a little n...
Views: 236   Replies: 10
Last Post: Jan 14, 2008 7:07pm
by Martin H
Any reviews/ users of TVS system?
Hi there, i was watching a vid of Rob Lunte on youtube, and realize this man is really mad, how can he do that with his voice, it's so amazing, such power listen here at 2:00 http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=S1MIQpyrxvA&feature=related So i was considering buiy...
Views: 166   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jan 14, 2008 2:04pm
by JeremyL
Strange sensation on soft palate....
Hi there, i've been playing with my band today (whre i play guitars and singing ), and got a strange feeling. I was not at my best and it was hard to get high notes today. And now my voice is a little tired ( 3 hours of rock singing..) but no that much BUT i f...
Views: 268   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 14, 2008 10:14am
by JeremyL
b
Burnsy
Adding bluesy grit
From reading RYV and listening to the demos, you keep talking about gargling on the soft-palate to make grit sounds. However, to me at least, it seems this is for screaming hardcore/death-metal stuff. But how can I get a more bluesy grit in my voice? Stuff like...
Views: 257   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 14, 2008 5:31am
by Jaime Vendera
glass breaking power
Just curious, what is the aprox voice power in dB reqiured to breake a wine glass? Anyone knows? Jaime? thanks
Views: 149   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 13, 2008 1:33pm
by Austin
voice power meter
Hi everyone, I am thinking to measure max power of my voice. Can anybody recommend a reliable and not very expencive device? Thanks
Views: 133   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 12, 2008 12:15pm
by dogears
j
Jad
Is working in a Fridge detrimental for the Voice?
Hi all, I work in a fridge and have been doing so for about 17 years now. I work 40 hours a week and I was wondering would that have an effect on my voice? I was thinking maybe it is unwise to sing while in the fridge but other than that is it generally ok? I c...
Views: 178   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 12, 2008 10:27am
by oiselle
j
Jake
Clip of Me Doing TT
Is any of this mix or full voice? Thanks! http://www.zshare.net/audio/6060283caf1b2a/
Views: 396   Replies: 8
Last Post: Jan 11, 2008 5:04pm
by oiselle
b
Bergy
RYVII
Just bought RYV II even though I already had RYV I. Hopefully I can stick to the program this time because I do want to, as the book says, raise my voice. The study group sounds like it will be helpful. Has anyone created an mp3 of a complete vocal session so that sa...
Views: 209   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 10, 2008 7:21pm
by Jaime Vendera
Transcending tone on Passagio
Hi there, Now that i have study some Brett Manning and James Lugo, i decided to really get into the RYV daily practice. I have one question: When i do the transcending tone there's some notes are really hard to do. When i start to sing Eflat And E that are the...
Views: 234   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 10, 2008 2:43pm
by JeremyL
This is probably a stupid question
So I just finished read RYV 2nd edition, and I was wondering if it was just an extention of the 1st edition, or if I should get the 1st one too. Like I said probably a stupid question. But while i'm here, might as well ask one that isn't as stupid. I've just s...
Views: 183   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 10, 2008 10:16am
by Jaime Vendera
Drive and exercize CD wanted
Hi Evryone, just bought a book and really enjoy it. Got a lot of answers finally. Great stuff! My question is about audio CD warmup/exersize possibility. It could be really efficient to follow exersize while driving to work. Something like 30-40 minutes of stuf...
Views: 138   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 10, 2008 10:12am
by Jaime Vendera
Thank God!
I finally got my book!! I'm going now to devour it!!! Wish me Luck I'm going to be the biggest Cantor the world ever knew!!
Views: 235   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 10, 2008 7:05am
by Operasinger
Voice Types
I was reading the voice types section in RYVII(page 124) and the parts about low voice and high voice kinda jumped out at me. I have noticed that after a vocal work out that my speaking voice lowers, only about probably 4-5 notes. When this happens I after with a lot...
Views: 246   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 10, 2008 4:07am
by Jay Sin
j
James
Loud Whistle Register?
I'm just curious about this: I've noticed most people seem to have a relatively small whistle register. However I've met two girls who both have average sized head/chest voices. As they ascend, they gain some volume till they have relatively large sounds around th...
Views: 219   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 10, 2008 3:56am
by Jay Sin
Question about ZZZ exercise
I was listening to the zzz exercise I was wondering can you go up multiple note through that? Would you not recommend taking it up into head voice? I'm trying to figure out exercises to warm me up to go throughout my range. I'm just never sure if I should start i...
Views: 203   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 9, 2008 9:12am
by Jaime Vendera
combining methods
Is it wise to combine methods such as RYV, Singing Success Thomas Appell all in one day? (of course if one is able vocally to do so much exercise) THANKS!!
Views: 333   Replies: 16
Last Post: Jan 8, 2008 8:18pm
by Austin
m
Maxime
Message for Oiselle
Bonjour Oiselle, Comment va-tu ? Voila j'ai besoin que tu m'aides. Dans à peu près 2 semaines j'ai un concours de chant très important à faire. Je suis dans la catégorie adulte et dans les membres du jury y aura des professionnels de la c...
Views: 173   Replies: 7
Last Post: Jan 8, 2008 3:09pm
by maxime
a
AndyK
Throaty sounding chest voice.
For some reason when I feel the resonance in my chest I can also feel my lower throat vibrate too...and when I'm singing a song and i get into my mixed voice or something..my voice sounds 'throaty'.is that even a correct term? lol I mean when I sing without focusing...
Views: 156   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 8, 2008 9:26am
by Jaime Vendera
Tylenol and Laryngitis
I have read somewhere online that Tylenol greatly helps to relieve the pain when you have laryngitis. Is this true? Is it better than aspirin? Would you recommend using it to relieve pain? Stan H.
Views: 124   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 8, 2008 9:09am
by Brian
Sorry if this has been asked before
I just got my copy of RYVII, and it is absolutely phenomenal. The information presented is amazing and will keep me occupied for many months to come! However I am having difficulty understanding one concept...what exactly mean when it tells me to take in the micro br...
Views: 207   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 7, 2008 8:36pm
by shrybouski
j
Jake
The Edge
Hey guys, I use Singing Success and RYV to improve my voice. In Singing Success, they mention that to get into a heavy mix voice, one must maintain an "edgy" sound. What is this in RYV terms and how do you do it? Is this twang? Thanks!
Views: 331   Replies: 4
Last Post: Jan 7, 2008 9:06am
by Jaime Vendera
Sinus
It seem that many people here are stressed wether they are singing in falsetto or fullvoice. In my opinion i't doesn't matter, it's o.k to use whatever sound you like as long as it sounds good and you feel good about it! And I'f you are aiming for a fuller tone, w...
Views: 235   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 6, 2008 7:01pm
by Jaime Vendera
I Don't Care!
Jan 6, 2008 7:01pm
by Jaime Vendera
j
Jake
Just to Clear Things Up
So the reason we do these exercises is to strengthen the muscles inside and surrounding the larynx so that there is sufficient cord closure for a stronger, fuller tone, right? I've been stuck on the cacklish/full voice/drifting up and down sound for a while. Accordin...
Views: 315   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 6, 2008 9:54am
by Jaime Vendera
Updates
Elizabeth Sabine's new site JUST launched although it is in the creation process and will change over the next month. You can check it out at www.elizabethsabine.net. I just did my 8th television show; my 2nd one for Japan. Had to film the last two Friday's First...
Views: 407   Replies: 11
Last Post: Jan 5, 2008 10:33pm
by oiselle
decibel
Is there any way to check how loud you sing in decibels?
Views: 400   Replies: 20
Last Post: Jan 4, 2008 4:46pm
by Martin H
j
Jake
Headache
Guys is it normal to get a headache after two hours of RYV exercises? My head is pounding right now. Could it be because of resonance? BTW, Jaime, I know that full voice is when your cords are tight. But is there any way to tell besides listening that you are in f...
Views: 251   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 4, 2008 9:44am
by Jaime Vendera
I just wanted to say thanks to Jaime and everyone here.
First let me start by saying I love this forum, I love that singers from all different backgrounds can talk about singing. I love that Jaime is very open minded to all techniques and that he keeps things on track even though he has various things going on at once....
Views: 185   Replies: 1
Last Post: Jan 3, 2008 2:22pm
by Tim McCarthy
When does the RYV study group start?
Hey everyone when does the study group start?
Views: 173   Replies: 2
Last Post: Jan 2, 2008 10:14pm
by shrybouski
j
Jake
Am I Still In Falsetto?
http://www.zshare.net/audio/6089751a48eb6d/ Can you guys check the clip and see if I'm still in falsetto? On lower notes, I seem to be able to trascend but flip to my chest voice one octave lower. Is full voice suppose to be somewhere between the falsetto and the...
Views: 294   Replies: 3
Last Post: Jan 2, 2008 6:52pm
by Jaime Vendera
My most embarrasing moment in performing last night happened
I haven't performed singing in a very long time. I mean long, as in years. So last night it was my grandfather's big wish to sing with me infront of a big group of people at the retirement home. So my dad was DJing a party there and had all the mics and music set up....
Views: 272   Replies: 5
Last Post: Jan 2, 2008 8:48am
by Brian
b
Burnsy
Tenor C clarification
Hi all, A newbie question... Was reading about the Tenor C and how its this elusive note that not all opera tenors can hit, and how it made Pavarotti famous: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/09/weekinreview/09wakin.html?_r=1&oref=slogin However, it seems like a...
Views: 375   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 31, 2007 11:59pm
by jlk7jester
HAve any of you come across Singing Success Online
Hello guys, I was wondering if any of you have come across singing success online (http://www.singingsuccessonline.com). I was wondering if it's worth those $200. Jaime can you please comment on this. Stan H.
Views: 242   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 31, 2007 9:23pm
by Tim McCarthy
j
Jun
No Full Voice = No Siren?
If we cannot get to full voice YET in the upper register does that mean we should avoid the siren for a while
Views: 140   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 31, 2007 4:23pm
by Jaime Vendera
j
Jake
Legatoman
Hey Legatoman, can you post clips of your definition of light head voice and falsetto? I seem to be in your boat and just flipping into full voice. BTW, do you have email address or a screenname?
Views: 245   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 30, 2007 9:59pm
by Tim McCarthy
i
isamup
FlowFit
If anyone has tried the program, I would like some information. The thing is, I injured my knee while playing basketball, so I have a torn ACL in my right knee. I was wondering what kind of program FlowFit is, because my knee cant handle too much pressure, especially...
Views: 353   Replies: 12
Last Post: Dec 30, 2007 4:03pm
by Ryan Murdock
a
Aaron
Wireless Microphone
I've been thinking about taking the plunge, and buying a wireless mic. And I'm just looking for suggestions about which ones are good or bad. Thanks
Views: 107   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 30, 2007 3:43pm
by Austin
Cardio/Yoga for singers
Check it out-http://www.rmaxinternational.com/CSTforSingers/ AND THE DVD IS FREE FOR A LIMITE TIME!!!
Views: 327   Replies: 19
Last Post: Dec 30, 2007 1:21pm
by mossman
vocal health
So a fewe weeks ago, after reading Jaime's book, I started drinking a lot more water and quit drinking coffee because I was having all kinds of problems with hoarsness and cracking in my voice, especially on the high stuff. Well, all that is a thing of the past. My...
Views: 174   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 29, 2007 9:23pm
by James
j
Jake
Trascending Tone Frustration
Hey guys, I'm a Bass and it seems that I simply CANNOT smoothly make the transition! I'm getting extremely frustrated. I always get to the point where the note is thick but cackly-ish, and then a little more and I just FLIP. When I try to do it slowly, I get stuck on...
Views: 318   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 29, 2007 11:56am
by LegatoMan
How's james Lugo's DVD
Hello everyone In the bonus section of ryv2 I saw a promo for James Lugo's dvd: The Rock & Pop Vocal Instructional Series! http://www.jameslugo.com/order.shtml And I was wondering how it was. Is it good? Is it a good complement to ryv? What's in the dvd and CD? Is...
Views: 403   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 29, 2007 9:00am
by JeremyL
Hello
Hello everyone, Im new here and just thought Id make a post. Well... lil bit about myself... im 22 and am definitely what you would call a beginner (yes I know pretty old to just be gettin into the game now). Ive always had a love for music, I could literally sit th...
Views: 236   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 28, 2007 7:06pm
by CanadianGuy
The Giveaway Drawing is tomorrow
Man what a tedious task. Four simple rules- 1 Buy the new version of RYV. 2. Sign up for my mailing list. 3. Sign up for the Voice Council mailing list. 4. Send me a "Why I deserve this package" email. Not very many of you did all of these requirements. If it...
Views: 262   Replies: 18
Last Post: Dec 28, 2007 4:17pm
by Buddy
t
Tim
Balance damn you balance!
I already posted this on Jesse's messageboard but I figured I'd post here too. I'm still having an aweful time trying to balance those notes around the bridge. Here are some recordings of what I mean.....it's from the chorus of Incubus - Dig If I turn into an...
Views: 269   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 28, 2007 8:05am
by Jaime Vendera
j
Jun
Tone CLip
http://media.putfile.com/The-FLip-34 This is my clip for the TT exercise. Could someone see if I'm perhaps headed in the right direction? THere is a huge flip that I'm having conflicts with.
Views: 106   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 27, 2007 10:30pm
by Tim McCarthy
how long does it take to ship to Israel
I'm really waiting for RYV to get here. How long does it take to send the book to Israel?
Views: 152   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 27, 2007 8:24am
by Jaime Vendera
I haven't got a life.
It's 6am, and this is what i've been doing for the last 45 minutes: http://media.putfile.com/Everything-93-57 Giggedy-giggedy. It was fun though
Views: 162   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 27, 2007 12:08am
by AntonZilla
Who wants to be on a television show with me?
Doing another Japanese show next week and filming at a collge in portsmouth Ohio. Might use one of my students to demonstrate a couple of scales. Any takers?
Views: 371   Replies: 10
Last Post: Dec 26, 2007 9:46am
by Jaime Vendera
a question about the high notes
I can sing up to a high c but it comes out with a softer kind of sound. IS that the right way to do it and will it get stronger? Thanks!!
Views: 157   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 26, 2007 9:46am
by Jaime Vendera
And the Winner is...
The winner of the super singers giveaway goes to the following email address- Tim@Clatterbone.com Congratulations. I will be following up soon. The following two names were drawn to receive one free internet lesson with me and one free downloadable product o...
Views: 274   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 25, 2007 5:14pm
by Jaime Vendera
The Best Singing Video you have ever seen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZHv3qO_Y8kk
Views: 229   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 25, 2007 9:39am
by Jaime Vendera
c
Cain
When it all comes together.
So has this ever happened to any of you? I was just driving home from work and not really even trying that hard I just decided to sing for whatever reason. (I've only spend 3 years trying to learn and get better, go figure.) But everything I've spent trying to put to...
Views: 166   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 25, 2007 12:06am
by John King
C5
Hey my full voice range is F2 to G4 so i guess im a baritone. But this is not good enough for me , i want to be able to hit C5 atleast. Ive been doing falsetto slide for a while now but it doesnt seem to be increasing my range...and according to ryv , falsetto slide...
Views: 316   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 24, 2007 1:00pm
by Jens
When will we know who won?
When will we know who won the package? Will it say it here or will the person get an Email?
Views: 109   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 24, 2007 8:33am
by Jaime Vendera
Really important question
Jaimie says the vocal placement is where your soft palate is. OK. What do I do if a have a private teacher that says that it needs to be more forward? Should I leave him? Find another teacher or can it somehow go together?? SOS!! Thanks a million!
Views: 214   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 24, 2007 7:52am
by Jaime Vendera
v
Vanne
Is this really him singing?
http://www.yourdailymedia.com/media/1196783632/Guy_Sings_With_An_Amazing_Female_Voice It really feels like its not him singing, but you cant be sure... What do you think?
Views: 283   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 24, 2007 3:29am
by James
Views: 150   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 24, 2007 3:27am
by James
Any nerds?
Anyone singing opera here or am I the only nerd?
Views: 201   Replies: 9
Last Post: Dec 23, 2007 6:37pm
by Martin H
I know this is a stupid question
How long (more or less!) does it take to get to the high C from around e-f under the high C? Thanks!!
Views: 375   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 23, 2007 4:25pm
by isamup
Musical Memory
Does anyone here know something about musical memory and how to develop it? I just cant remember the tune after a few sentences. Thanks
Views: 117   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 23, 2007 3:14pm
by James
j
JP
Singing Sharp?
Anyone with a good ear - would you mind checking out this clip and tell me if I'm singing sharp throughout the song? And if so, how bad does it sound? You can be honest. Thanks. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07PoFp9X-Lw
Views: 188   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 23, 2007 12:47pm
by JP
n
nik
is fatigue normal??
is it ever normal to feel fatigue in the throat jaw area after singing for a while if you are not a very seasoned songer, similiar to working out any kind of muscle that can be out of shape and get fatigued? Or if you are doing things correctly should there never be...
Views: 224   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 23, 2007 8:43am
by oiselle
Whats In Your Gig Bag : Robert Lunte Recommendations
Hey RYV fans... I just completed a short video titled, "Whats In Your Gig Bag" for www.voicecouncil.com I think some of you may find it to be interesting and informative. Here is the link: http://www.voicecouncil.com/Blog2/VC2_12220702.aspx
Views: 123   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 23, 2007 8:15am
by Dawid van Straat...
WOW!!WOW!!WOW!!OMG!!
Last week I was reflecting on what my vocal instructor had told me. Which was that I was hitting notes well and with power but it was very rough sounding. At the time I was listening to Queensryche - The Whisper, I said to myself I can hit all those note can't I do i...
Views: 378   Replies: 17
Last Post: Dec 23, 2007 3:51am
by nik
raise your voice for both female and male yeh?
if a woman was to read this book, what might apply or not apply to her? i mean will she be doing the exercises the same? same placement? same full voice and falsetto as men? cause for classical singing, i know that the women will sing in falsetto as the go up the...
Views: 372   Replies: 24
Last Post: Dec 22, 2007 7:06pm
by James
RYV2 Cheaper in Europe
Hi everybody, Tjeck out: http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/WEBSITE/WWW/WEBPAGES/showbook.php?id=0974941158 RYV2 only costs 28.46$ INCLUDING FREE DELIVERY
Views: 166   Replies: 1
Last Post: Dec 22, 2007 10:34am
by Jaime Vendera
c
Cain
Feel the burn
Not to use a catchy heading to make light of the question, but back when I first started singing. I had this problem with feeling like a burn on my vocal cords. I guess kind of like an icy wind blowing on your face and it feels like is burns. I asked my voice teacher...
Views: 194   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 22, 2007 10:09am
by John King
Clicking Jaw
Ever since I can remember I've had a clicking jaw on my left side. I have to dislocate it in order to open my mouth wide. I'm sure this is affecting my singing and speaking. What can I do?
Views: 272   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 21, 2007 8:24am
by LegatoMan
j
James
Views: 213   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 20, 2007 8:48am
by Jaime Vendera
Bed Tracks for Vocalists : www.songsinc.com
Folks... this company sent me an invite to thier site... its very promising. Bed Tracks for you to purchase for $25 so you can have original music to write lyrics too and record (with full permission). This is great, because a lot of my students have a dire need to...
Views: 151   Replies: 0
Last Post: Dec 19, 2007 8:32pm
by Robert Lunte ~ w...
Voice Council Log-In
I was unable to log in today... I actually signed-up again using my e-mail address instead of my user ID like I used to do. Than when I typed in my password, it didn't take it. I pressed on "Forgot your password", but the e-mail sent to me didn't tell me what it w...
Views: 275   Replies: 17
Last Post: Dec 19, 2007 8:28pm
by Robert Lunte ~ w...
A fake Jaime Vendera on the voice council forums?
Hi Jaime, There's a guy posting under the username venderaj@msn.com(your e-mail address), I have a strong suspicion that he's a fake.
Views: 350   Replies: 5
Last Post: Dec 19, 2007 8:25pm
by Robert Lunte ~ w...
JOURNEY WELCOMES ARNEL PINEDA
Journey has a new singer. He got the gig from this video he posted with his band called "The Zoo" Here's the link to the video http://youtube.com/watch?v=6HjcCzgCCX0 Here's the story: JOURNEY WELCOMES ARNEL PINEDA WITH "OPEN ARMS": Official Press Rel...
Views: 357   Replies: 8
Last Post: Dec 18, 2007 7:53pm
by wylde342
c
Cain
Vocal Practice Vs. Band Practice
So whenever I practice my voice, without my band. My voice feels great. I have resonance, and my head-voice is strong. A little tension in the throat (But I'm working on it I swear.) But when I practice with my band, it's like I lose everything. Almost no head voice,...
Views: 197   Replies: 4
Last Post: Dec 18, 2007 7:18pm
by andy
as you swallow, you hold you breath longer, why???
i was going UBW exercise, the 3rd one where you just hold your breath. my times were like 65 seconds until tonight, 92 seconds. when i was at around 63 seconds, i was going to give up. so right when i was about to breath again i swallow my saliva, it helps. it se...
Views: 210   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 18, 2007 6:34pm
by oiselle
Mediterranean Oregano Oil
I heard this weekend that it was really good to treat colds and flu and many other skin diseases and bacterial infections, even Candida. I was wondering if any body here has tried it and how effective it was?
Views: 191   Replies: 7
Last Post: Dec 18, 2007 12:04pm
by oiselle
Power push = WOW!
It was awhile after reading the book that I actually tried the power push, but man after practicing a bit with it recently I'm wondering how I lived without it. I've got waaay more power and support than I've ever had before. This is an AMAZING technique! Thanks so...
Views: 344   Replies: 6
Last Post: Dec 17, 2007 4:02pm
by Jaime Vendera
Question about Jim Gillette
Hey Jaime or anyone else who knows: I was wondering, when Jim hits those D6s in the Nitro albums is he using whistle voice, or is that in head voice? A couple of years ago when I discovered Nitro for the first time I was determined to hit those notes and made it as...
Views: 498   Replies: 18
Last Post: Dec 17, 2007 3:07pm
by mossman
rise chest = wrong?
so when one inhale, if their chest rises, is it wrong? how about we first expand the chest first, then inhale? i just dont get how to get the most amount of air in my body when i do my UBW and when i sing. like the front cover of UBW, jaime's chest looks like its...
Views: 211   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 16, 2007 11:12am
by oiselle
THE ULTIMATE VOCAL WORKOUT DIARY-
Does somebody here have the Diary that can tell me how much it helps them? Thanks
Views: 205   Replies: 2
Last Post: Dec 16, 2007 10:47am
by Jaime Vendera
Hooray for the Power Push!
Thanks, Jaime :D. I had never bothered to try doing it before, simply because I typically don't really need that much power, and because I wanted to wait till my voice is naturally a bit stronger and more settled in before I use it. But today in church, we were...
Views: 702   Replies: 11
Last Post: Dec 16, 2007 8:42am
by oiselle
The tune wheel
Where can I buy the wheel? Thanks
Views: 151   Replies: 3
Last Post: Dec 16, 2007 2:27am
by mossman
22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Free Forum powered by Bravenet