INVESTIGATIONS@aghost.us

NEWSLETTER SUBMISSION :
NEWSLETTER@aghost.us

VISITOR SUBMISSION:
VISITORS@aghost.us

WEBMASTER:
WEBMASTER@aghost.us

Home - Member's Area - SIGN-UP BOARD
Officers & Directors | Documents and Reports | Merchandise | Calendar | Library |
Sign-up Board | Messageboard | Media Archive | Reporting DB New! |
Membership DB | Live Webcam | FAQ
General Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Announcement: Sign-up Board Going Away

Hey folks,

The sign-up board will soon be replaced by the messageboard and our new calendar. When posting a new event, please use the new calendar feature on our messageboard. When signing up for an event, please check the messageboard for new investigations, walkthroughs and expeditions.

You will need to use your AGHOSTOnline.org account to access the messageboard. If you do not yet have an AGHOSTOnline.org account, you can sign up for one at the following location:
http://www.aghostonline.org/component/option,com_comprofiler/task,registers/

To post a new event:

- Browse to the AGHOST messageboard: http://www.aghostonline.org/forum/
- Click on the button called "Calendar".
- Toward the bottom, click "Post Event"
- Enter a brief event title and date.
- Next to the "Post In" section, select the category where you would like the event posted. For example, an Expedition should be posted under the AGHOST Expeditions Board. All public events (events you want non-aghost members to see on the calendar) should be posted into the "Public AGHOST Events" category.
- When a new event is posted on the calendar, it can also be automatically linked to a new post on the messageboard. People can then reply to this post, ask questions and sign up for the event.
- Finish the rest of the form and click "Post" to post the event.

Other Notes:

- It is also possible to post events onto the calendar without linking them to a forum post. Uncheck the box labeled "Link Event To Post:" to post an event without creating an associated forum post. These events will also be posted on the public calendar.

- Events posted in the "Public Events" category will be available to the public on the calendar. Events posted into any other category (investigations, etc) will only be accessible to AGHOST members.

- This public calendar is also available on the AGHOST calendar: http://www.aghost.us/calendar.php.

Re: Announcement: Sign-up Board Going Away

I am unable to sign up for chatrooms, aol online, etc. Will I be able to access this new system from the library computer, or are people who do not have computers at home locked out?

I assigned you a username and password a couple months ago so you could access the messageboard, reporting database, media archive, etc. Would you like me to resend it?

You had mentioned before that you're not allowed to sign up for services from your work computer, but that it would be OK if I assigned you a username/password without associating it with your work email. Is this still a workable solution?

Steve

That should work.

Copyright © 2006 AGHOST
All rights reserved.
www.aghost.us