1/2 baking powder
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 cups sugar
mix dry stuff in bowl together
2 cups grated zuccinni
2 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
1 cup vegatable oil
mix wet stuff together then add dry to it bake 350 for about 1 hour makes 2 loafs
is very good

------------------------------------------------------------

Norman Alderman
Jul 24, 06 - 6:58 PM
Do you know we could print a cookbook if we had enough recipies? There is a place that will print books one at a time.

------------------------------------------------------------

SWF
Jul 24, 06 - 10:04 PM
If you like cheesecake you'll LOVE this...it's easy Just make sure you have the proper pan and I suggest using a blender/food processor (it makes for a smoother cake):

Grammy’s CheeseCake

Ingredients:
1. 1 box zwieback/grahmcracker crumbs
2. 1 lb. cream cheese (2 pks.)
3. ¾ lb small curd cottage cheese
4. 1c. sugar
5. 3 eggs
6. 1TBS vanilla
7. 1pt sour cream
8. 3TBS sugar

Directions:
1.Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2.Put grahm crackers in food processor
a.Melt 2 TBS of butter and mix w/ crumbs in cheesecake pan.
b.Use your knuckles to spread throughout the bottom of pan and about 1-2 inches up the side of pan.
3.Put #’s 2-6 in a blender and mix until smooth.
a. A food processor may be used
b. Pour mixture into pan and bake at 350 for 45mins.
4.Mix #’s 7-8 in a blender/food processor
a. Pour over first layer (after 45 minutes)
b. Put bake in oven and bake for an additional 15 minutes at 425 degrees
5.Remove from oven and let cool for 1-2 hours BEFORE placing topping on cake
6.SEE Topping

Topping (CheeseCake)

Ingredients Option 1:
2 10oz frozen sliced strawberries (or any other fruit)
¼ c sugar
1 TBLS lemon juice
1 ½ TBLS cornstarch

Ingredients Option 2:
1 can crushed pineapple (small can)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 ½ TBLS cornstarch

Directions:
Place all ingredients in saucepan and heat to a boil for 3 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool (5 min). Spoon gently onto Cheese Cake

Re: Recipe Swap

fcl
Jul 24, 06 - 10:10 PM
Spicy Chicken

boneless skinless breast of chicken
taco seasoning
hot pepper cheese
sour cream
salsa

Put taco seasoning in a bag with a little water or oil. Add chicken and shake until coated... Bake in oven until cooked or on a grill. Once chicken is just about done place hot pepper cheese on it and let it melt. When serving add sour cream and salsa. This is good served with rice or baked potatoes.... very simple and delicious.... enjoy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

christmas cookies
Jul 25, 06 - 10:08 AM
Ingredients:

1 cup water
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup brown sugar
lemon juice
4 large eggs
1 cup nuts
2 cups of dried fruit
1 bottle Jose Cuervo Tequila

Sample the Cuervo to check quality. Take a large bowl, check the Cuervo again, to be sure it is of the highest quality, pour one level cup and drink. Turn on the electric mixer ... Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again. At this point it's best to make sure the Cuervo is still OK, try another cup..just in case.

Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit. Pick the frigging fruit off floor... Mix on the turner. If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers, just pry loose with a drewscriver. Sample the Cuervo to check for tonsisticity.

Next, sift two cups of salt, or something. Who givshz a sheet. Check the Jose Cuervo. Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar, or somefink. Whatever you can find.

Greash the oven.
Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over. Don't forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window, finish the Cose Juervo and make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.

Cherry Mistmas!??

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

to christmas cookies
Jul 26, 06 - 12:05 AM
This is funny. Hope everyone carefully reads it to get the joke, but doubt it on this forum. Over the head.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

come on now
Jul 26, 06 - 12:25 PM
lets get more recipes.....

yum yum

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crazy B****
Jul 26, 06 - 3:59 PM
Christmas Cookies you are my kind of person, I am a tequila girl.

This is a good one if you are in a hury to make snack type foods

1 pkg 8oz cream cheese
2 cans shredded chicken
salt and pepper to taste

In a bowl mix everything together and form into a ball and place on a serving tray with crackers.

My family likes this one too!

1 pkg 8 oz cream cheese
1 8oz jar of salsa (your favorite)
1 small pkg shredded mexican cheese

Spred cream cheese in a shallow baking dish and cover with the salsa and then top with the cheese. Put in the frige till ready to eat. Then grab a bag of chips and enjoy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Charlotte Martin
Jul 27, 06 - 12:24 AM
This is my favorite dish for garden time. It takes some work, but well worth it in my opinion.

GARDEN STIR FRY

Clean and cut into bite sized chunks at least 1 of each:

Zucchini Squash
Yellow Crooked Neck Squash
Tomato
Onion
Carrots (2 of these)
Bell Pepper ( I like to use both green and red)

Any other fresh vegetable you want to add.

Drain off water. Put all in a large fry pan or pot, or a wok, and gently pour oil (I use canola or olive oil) over vegetables, just enough to stir into it - maybe 1/8 cup at most. You don't want to soak them, just have enough to cook the vegetables. Stir all together to coat vegetables, and put on burner turned on medium high. As it heats, stir often. You can add sliced cooked meat like chicken, turkey, beef, or pork if you like. When it looks like all vegetables have cooked, it is ready to serve. This is also good served over rice.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

%%%%%%
Jul 27, 06 - 5:47 AM
Subject: Recipe

> TERRI'S COOKIES
>
> 2 ROLLS CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE DOUGH
> 2 8 OZ. CREAM CHEESE, SOFTENED
> 2 EGGS
> 1 CUP SUGAR
> 2 TSP. VANILLA
> 1 CUP CHOPPED NUTS
>
> SLICE ONE ROLL OF COOKIE DOUGH AND LINE BOTTOM OF
> UNGREASED 9X13 BAKING PAN.
> MIX CREAM CHEESE, SUGAR, EGGS AND VANILLA. SPREAD
> OVER COOKIE DOUGH.
> SPRINKLE CHOPPED NUTS OVER CREAM CHEESE LAYER.
> SLICE SECOND ROLL OF COOKIE DOUGH AND COVER CREAM
> CHEESE AND NUTS.
> BAKE AT 350 DEGREES FOR 45 MINUTES. CHILL BEFORE CUTTING
> INTO SQUARES.

; )
Jul 27, 06 - 9:53 PM
Easy and quick tuna casserole:
One bag No Yolks egg noodles
One large can tuna
two cans (small) of sweet peas
two cans (small) campbells mushroom soup
about six pads butter/Cut 1/4 inch/
three peices bread
Your favorite spices! (mine's garlic, salt and pepper)

Directions: Preheat oven to 375. Open all cans and have ready. Start boiling water for noodles and while waiting crumble bread into small peices. When noodles done cooking add mush. soup, peas, tuna, and your favorite spices! Mix in a large bowl and then pour into casserole dish and spread until even. Sprinkle bread crumbs over top until completely covered. Add your pads of butter, two on each third of the casserole. Bake for about twenty minutes or until bread crumbs are brown and nice and crispy!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEP!
Jul 27, 06 - 9:56 PM
To Christmas Cookies: GREAT POST!!!!!!!!! I LOVED IT!

Crazy *****, you're my kinda lady! Tequila? Oh Yeah!!!

Good Cook
Jul 27, 06 - 10:29 PM
This recipe is a MUST have in my family - we all love it:

2 lbs of frozen hash browns
1/2 cup melted butter
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 pt sour cream
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 Cups grated cheddar cheese
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
2 cups cornflakes
1/4 cup melted butter

DEFROST Hash Browns
COMBINE Next 7 ingredients and mix with hashbrowns
PUT all in a 3 qt casserole
SAUTE cornflakes in butter and sprinkle on top
COVER and BAKE at 350 for 40 minutes

Now..when I make this, I don't measure too much...I just throw it all together in a big bowl and mix it up (extra cheese) and then put it in the casserole dish and put the cornflake topping on (its great)
You will love this dish !

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Texas Teacher
Jul 27, 06 - 10:29 PM
I have some good recipes I may post when I have a bit more time. I would like to recommend a great recipe web site--www.allrecipes.com. I have found the most delicious dishes on that site. If the dish has a high rating by several different people, it is usually superb. Try it out. I'm sure you will be pleased with it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

YEP!
Jul 27, 06 - 10:32 PM
Another: http://www.epicurious.com/

Texas Teacher
Jul 27, 06 - 10:40 PM
What the heck....here is one for tonight. I will post some more another day.

Barbara Bush Layered Salad

2 lb. chopped spinach
10 hard boiled eggs sliced
I lb. bacon cooked and crumbled
1 medium head lettuce shredded
1 cup sliced green onions
1 package thawed green peas

Place in order in layers in a deep dish or pan with the spinach on the bottom and each successive layer spread across evenly. Mix the dressing below and spread over the last layer of green peas.

2 ½ cups mayonnaise
2 ½ cups sour cream
Salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon juice to taste

Top with ½ cup grated Swiss cheese—(you may have to buy the block and grate it yourself.) It is best if made the night before and kept in the refrigerator overnight or at least 6 hours.

This is a great covered dish to share at church dinners and the like. Very tasty. This will serve at least ten people or more.

YEP!
Jul 27, 06 - 10:44 PM
Is there a Hillary Clinton Counter to this dish? j/k Sounds good!

Texas Teacher
Jul 27, 06 - 10:54 PM
One more for the evening......

GERMAN CHOCOLATE POUND CAKE (Icing In The Cake)

Comments: “This is a moist and delicious cake…and so easy to make!!”

1 - (18.25oz) German Chocolate Cake Mix
1 - (15 oz.) can Coconut-Pecan Frosting
4 eggs
½ cup oil
1 cup water

Preheat oven to 350º. Grease and flour 12-cup tube pan or Bundt pan.

Mix all ingredients (including the icing), in mixer at medium speed for two minutes. Pour into a prepared pan and bake 55-60 minutes. Remove from oven to wire rack and allow cooling for 10 minutes. Invert onto serving plate and dust with powdered sugar.

Note: This makes a large cake, be sure to use the large 12 cup pan.

Texas Teacher
Jul 27, 06 - 10:59 PM
To YEP

This salad is so good it will have Democrats,Independents, and Libertarians thanking Barbara.

YEP!
Jul 27, 06 - 11:00 PM
HA! I'll definately give it a try!!

SINGLE DAD
Jul 27, 06 - 11:28 PM
Looking for an easy way to make potato salad.
We like mayo and eggs-I think it all goes together.
I can't cook like the ladies can,you'll have to take me step by step.
If you help me,I'll tell you how to make a really good TV dinner!
THANKS!

Crazy B****
Jul 28, 06 - 3:04 PM
Single Dad I've never made potatoe salad cause my mom's is great but here is a pasta salad the kids in my family like me to make (they are all picky eaters!!) and bring to Sunday dinner.

1 small box of sea shell pasta
1 small bag of frozen peas
1 bag of shredded carrots
2 bags of bacon pieces (not bits)
2 cups of mayo
1 small bottle bacon ranch dressing

cook the pasta and then mix everything else in and put in the frige till ready to eat. I also add onions and shredded cheese sometimes. If I have time I fry my own baccon & it taste much better but its messy crumbling it up.

passin thru again :)
Jul 28, 06 - 3:30 PM
E-tater Salad

6 red e-taters with the skins 1 small chopped onion
1 Cup chopped celery 1 tsp celery seed
4 hard cooked eggs, diced 1 tsp salt
1 Cup chopped carrots
DRESSING:
2 eggs well beaten ¾ Cup sugar
1 tsp corn starch salt to taste
¼ to ½ Cup apple cider vinegar (to taste) 1 tsp yellow mustard
½ Cup cream or evaporated milk 1 to 3 Tbsp butter softened
1 Cup mayonnaise or salad dressing

This is almost as good as my E-taters and Ramp Casserole. Bring All your E-taters to a boil for about 20 minutes. Drain and set aside. Whisk together 2 eggs, sugar, corn starch, and salt in saucepan. Stir in vinegar, milk, and mustard. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, and stir in butter. Refrigerate until cool, then stir in mayonnaise. Peel the E-taters if desired, and cut into medium dice. Place in large bowl, and toss with the onion (or you can use some of those left over ramps you picked this spring), celery, carrots, celery seed and hard cooked eggs. Gently fold in the dressing. Refrigerate until serving. The flavors blend better if you let it sit at least a day. hehe, Got to go Black Trumpet Mushrooms are up, and the Chanterelles will be up real good next week. Keep pickin those wild things.

passin thru again
Jul 28, 06 - 3:39 PM
Squash Casserole
Oh almost forgot, the squash is coming on also.
I personally think this is the best Squash Casserole I’ve ever ate. Just make sure you go exactly by the recipe and the oven temperature and times. Your friends will not leave any in the pan when your finished.

1 Can cream of chicken or mushroom soup
(I like cream of chicken and mushroom)
½ Cup sour cream
1 carrot finely chopped 1 small onion chopped
3 cubed yellow squash salt and pepper
½ pkg bread crumbs or ritz crackers 1/3 Cup melted butter
Mix soup and sour cream. Set aside. Boil onion, squash, carrot, salt and pepper. Cover and cook 10 minutes then drain. Mix bread crumbs and butter.(I like to use the crackers) Set aside. Drain veggies and, add to soup and sour cream mixture. Add bread crumb mixture on top. Bake at 350 degrees covered for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake an additional 10 minutes to brown bread crumbs. Well have fun this weekend, the corn should be coming on soon.

Born And Raised
Jul 28, 06 - 3:47 PM
Squash Casserole
Just made this myself first time trying it hope its good because im taking it to a cook out with me. I guess we will see!

passin thru again :)
Jul 28, 06 - 3:54 PM
Like I said, Best Squash Casserole I've ever ate. They will lick the pan clean, You better make more than one for a cook out.

Crazy B****
Jul 28, 06 - 4:28 PM
That sounds yummy! I love squash and hope to try it this weekend.

Texas Teacher
Jul 28, 06 - 9:30 PM
(I know this is another salad, but it is also delicious and came from a Pampered Chef party.)

Thai Chicken Salad

Dressing
¾ cup creamy poppy seed salad dressing
2 garlic cloves, pressed
1 1-inch piece unpeeled fresh gingerroot, grated and juiced

Salad
1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach leaves
1 package (12 ounces) broccoli slaw mix
1 medium cucumber, scored, seeded, and sliced
1 small red bell pepper, sliced into strips

Chicken Mixture
1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, flattened and cut into ½ inch pieces
¼ cup snipped fresh basil leaves
¼ cup peanuts, chopped

1. For dressing, combine salad dressing, garlic, and gingerroot juice in a bowl and whisk and set aside.

2. For salad, place spinach, slaw mix, cucumber, and bell pepper in a large bowl and refrigerate until ready to serve.

3. For chicken mixture, spray a skillet with Pam and place over medium heat. Add chicken in single layer. Cook without stirring two minutes or until chicken begins to brown. Stir fry 2-3 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from heat. Add basil, peanuts, and ¼ cup of the dressing. Toss to coat.

4. To serve, toss salad with remaining dressing. Top with chicken mixture and serve immediately.

Serves 8. Delicious!!

Texas Teacher
Jul 28, 06 - 9:35 PM
Paula Deen's Luscious Banana Pudding

2 bags Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
6 to 8 bananas, sliced
2 cups milk
1 (5-ounce) box instant French vanilla pudding
1 ( unce) package cream cheese, softened
1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12-ounce) container frozen whipped topping thawed, or equal amount sweetened whipped cream
Line the bottom of a 13 by 9 by 2-inch dish with 1 bag of cookies and layer bananas on top.
In a bowl, combine the milk and pudding mix and blend well using a handheld electric mixer. Using another bowl, combine the cream cheese and condensed milk together and mix until smooth. Fold the whipped topping into the cream cheese mixture. Add the cream cheese mixture to the pudding mixture and stir until well blended. Pour the mixture over the cookies and bananas and cover with the remaining cookies. Refrigerate until ready to serve.

Born And Raised
Jul 31, 06 - 10:31 AM
To: passin thru again
It was wonderful It was top of the cookout . I made one for are dinner lastnight too but used drifferent stuffing I like the herp stuffing better with it

passin thru again
Jul 31, 06 - 12:35 PM
hehe, Thanks, I knew you would like it, We got 3 fresh squash off last night and also made it to take to a friends cookout also. I've been craving it since I posted. Can't wait to try some of the other recipes posted on here. They all sound so good. My problem is I get hungry just reading the recipes, later

Texas Teacher
Jul 31, 06 - 10:22 PM
(Here is a quick and easy recipe to make as a side dish. Very tasty.)

Corn Casserole

INGREDIENTS:
1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 (15 ounce) can creamed corn BV
1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
1 (8.5 ounce) package corn bread mix

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a mixing bowl, stir together the sour cream, butter, creamed corn, corn nibblets and corn bread mix.
Pour into a 1 quart casserole dish and bake for 40 minutes.

Linda Gibb
Jul 31, 06 - 11:03 PM
Dawg gone it, you would start a recipe swap after I moved all of mine to FL. Now I'm back up here for 3 wks. & this is all I could find. Hope you like it.
COLD OVEN CAKE:
3 STICKS BUTTER
3 C. SUGAR
5 EGGS
1T. pure vanilla
3 c. Plain flour
1 c. milk

Cream together, butter & sugar. Add eggs, 1 at a time & beat at least 5 minutes. Add vanilla; mix in flour & milk alternately. Beat till smooth, 5 min. or longer. SPRAY TEFLON TUBE PAN with vegetable no-stick & grease with oleo. Bake at 325 degrees for 1 hr. & 20 min. TURN OVEN ON WHEN CAKE IS PUT IN OVEN. DON'T OPEN DOOR TILL TIME IS UP. (in other words don't pre-heat the oven 1st.)

Texas Teacher
Aug 1, 06 - 7:17 PM
Easy Beef Enchiladas

1 pound ground beef
1 pkg. corn tortillas
2 cans of Wolf Brand Chili (No Beans)
1 pkg. shredded cheddar cheese (or your choice)
1 cup chopped green onions
1 cup Pace Picante Sauce (medium)

Directions:
1. Brown ground beef and drain. Add Picante sauce and simmer while tortillas are being prepared.
2. Soften tortillas by either quickly dipping them one at a time into heated cooking oil--or by warming them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds. You may warm several at a time in the microwave. (The microwave is easier but the other method is tastier.)
3. Let tortillas cool briefly. Fill each with the meat mixture, roll up and place side by side in a baking dish.
4. Place the chili in a saucepan and warm for one minute or until it can be poured over the filled tortillas.
5. Spread the chopped onions over the chili and then cover generously with the cheese.
6. Bake in oven at 350 until the enchiladas are bubbling and the cheese is melted.

Tip: It is important that enough chili is poured over the tortillas to keep them soft and moist.

cook
Aug 2, 06 - 7:11 AM
Is there any way I can copy these recipes on my computer rather than writing them by hand?

fcl
Aug 2, 06 - 8:46 AM
Hey Norman! I think it is time to start making a cookbook or at least help the person who wants copies of these delicious recipes.

From A Distance
Aug 2, 06 - 8:57 AM
copy paste and print

Aug 2, 06 - 9:05 AM
Cook, you can click and drag to select the text you'd like to save, then right click on the highlighted text (or go up to the "Edit" menu) and select "copy."

Open a word processing program or text editor (Notepad, Microsoft Word, etc.) and "paste", either by right clicking in the blank document or again going to the "Edit" menu and selecting "paste."

Hope that helps.

cook
Aug 2, 06 - 10:18 AM
To Moderator: Thank you so much, it worked.

Aug 2, 06 - 5:31 PM
You are quite welcome.

Texas Teacher
Aug 2, 06 - 6:31 PM
Creamy Caramel Flan
(Totally Delicious)

3/4 cup white sugar
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
5 eggs
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a small, heavy saucepan over medium-low heat, cook sugar, stirring, until golden. Pour into a 10 inch round baking dish, tilting to coat bottom and sides. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in eggs, one at a time, until well incorporated. Beat in condensed and evaporated milk and vanilla until smooth. Pour into caramel coated pan. Line a roasting pan with a damp kitchen towel. Place baking dish on towel, inside roasting pan, and place roasting pan on oven rack. Fill roasting pan with boiling water to reach halfway up the sides of the baking dish.
4. Bake in preheated oven 50 to 60 minutes, until center is just set. Cool one hour on wire rack, then chill in refrigerator 8 hours or overnight. To unmold, run a knife around edges of pan and invert on a rimmed serving platter.
5. Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint leaves.

(This is not as difficult as it may appear...and it is well worth the effort. I make it when I have company. Goes well with a Mexican dinner.)

Sample Menu
Beef or Chicken Enchiladas
Mexican Rice
Refried Beans
Guacamole Salad
Creamy Caramel Flan
Limeade

On The Mountain
Aug 2, 06 - 7:54 PM
Single Squash Casserole

1 squash grated (I like zuc, squash)
1 egg
1/2 C. mayo
1 can mushroom soup
1 onion
1 C. grated cheese (american)
1 can mushrooms
garlic powder
pepper
a little chicken seasoning
Mix all ingredients together
For the top layer of the casserole - melt butter and then mix bread crumbs yp in it and layer that on top.
Bake 325 degrees for 1 to 1 1/2 hrs.

On The Mountain
Aug 2, 06 - 8:01 PM
Macaroni Salad

1lb. macaroni
1 bag of yellow cheese (american, chedder etc.)
1 small can of crushed tomatoes
1 to 2 C. mayo
onion
salt

Cook macaroni, let drain. Mix cheese, tomatoes, mayo, onion and salt (salt to your liking). Then pour the mixture over top of macaroni.

Texas Teacher
Aug 2, 06 - 9:45 PM
To On the Mountain

Thanks for submitting your recipes. I was beginning to feel rather lonesome and somewhat embarrassed at putting so many on. But, I love sharing good recipes with others.

Texas Teacher
Aug 2, 06 - 9:54 PM
Fresh Fruit Pizza

1 (17-ounce) package sugar cookie dough
1 ( unce) package cream cheese, softened
1/2 teaspoon almond, lemon or orange extract
3 cups fruit, (your choice, but make sure you have 4-5 different fruits)
fresh bananas, pineapple chunks, maraschino cherries, fresh oranges cut into rounds and peeled, blueberries, strawberries, kiwi fruit, and/or peaches
1/2 cup orange marmalade
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Roll out cookie dough large enough to cover a round pizza pan. Bake 8 to 15 minutes or until firm. Cool completely. Mix together cream cheese and extract. Spread cream cheese mixture over cooled cookie dough crust. Arrange fruit in circles (like a bulls eye pattern). Slightly warm marmalade and brush over fruit. Serve immediately.

On The Mountain
Aug 3, 06 - 11:09 AM
No problem, I enjoy new recipes. I will try to get more on later today. I love to try new things so keep posting.

thica
Aug 3, 06 - 12:27 PM
bambi poppers

fresh kill venison(preferably tender loin)
jalapinos sliced in half
take small slivers of meat stuff inside peps
take a slice of bacon and make like a toothpick
scabob and deep fry until cooked throuly

thanx
thica

Texas Teacher
Aug 3, 06 - 7:00 PM
Wonton Sausage Appetizers

25 or 50 count wonton wrappers (depending on size of muffin pan)
1 pound sausage, cooked and well-drained
1 ½ cups cheddar cheese shredded
1 cup pepper jack cheese shredded
¾ cup ranch dressing

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Press a wonton wrapper into each cup on a muffin tin. Bake for 5 minutes. Remove from oven and place wonton cups on a cookie sheet Mix sausage, cheese, and ranch dressing until well blended. Spoon mixture into wontons. Bake 5-10 minutes or until bubbly.

?
Aug 9, 06 - 6:34 AM
A good quick way to fix zucchini is to slice it up with a onion and some green pepper fry it in some butter with salt pepper and some garlic powder.You can use yellow squash also. If you like hot stuff add hot pepper to it.It is easy and good.

Texas Teacher
Aug 9, 06 - 10:17 PM
Raisin Sour Cream Pie
(Delicious if you are a raisin lover like me.)

1 unbaked 9-inch pie shell

Filling:

1 1/2 cups dark raisins
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup cornstarch
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
2 cups milk
3 egg yolks, beaten
1 cup sour cream
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 cup whipping cream

1. Prepare the pie shell according to directions and place in a 9-inch pan.
2. Bake at 450 degrees for about 10 minutes until lightly browned. Cool.
3. In a 2 quart saucepan, combine raisins, sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg. Stir in milk, blending until smooth.
4. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until mixture boils. Boil 1 minute. Remove from heat.
5. Blend a small amount of hot mixture into the egg yolks. Return to saucepan.
6. Add sour cream, mixing well.
7. Cook, stirring, just until mixture starts to bubble. Remove from heat immediately. Add lemon juice. Cook 10 minutes.
8. Pour into baked pastry shell.
9. Chill for 2 hours or until set. Top with whipping cream.

Texas Teacher
Aug 9, 06 - 11:57 PM
Snicker Bar Cake
(Very rich)

2 cups all purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup butter or margarine
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
4 oz. melted unsweetened chocolate, slightly cooled
1 cup Snicker bars, finely chopped

1. Sift together the dry ingredients
2. Mix together all the ingredients except the Snicker bars in a large mixer bowl.
3. Mix for 30 seconds on low speed and then for 3 minutes on high. The batter will be creamy. Stir in the Snicker bars.
4. Grease and flour two 8-inch round cake pans. Pour batter into pans. (This is very important since the caramel in the candy bars will stick without the pans having been well greased and floured.)
5. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
6. Cook cake and frost with the frosting below.

Frosting:

1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
2 oz. unsweetened chocolate, melted, slightly cooled
1 box (8 oz.) powered sugar.
1 cup chopped Snicker bars (optional)

1. Cream butter and cream cheese. Add chocolate. Mix well and add powdered sugar. Add sugar and beat until light and creamy.
2. You may add chopped Snicker bars to the frosting or wait until cake is frosted and sprinkle on top.
3. The cake will be more attractive without the Snicker bars in the frosting, but not as tasty.
4. Frost middle, sides, and top with frosting. Refrigerate.

SINGLE DAD
Aug 10, 06 - 4:50 PM
TEXAS TEACHER,
Thanks for the recipes.
What are wonton wrappers?
Are they in the frozen section of the store?

Texas Teacher
Aug 10, 06 - 8:16 PM
To Single Dad

Won Ton wrappers are not frozen but will be in the cooler section usually near the fresh vegetables. Smaller stores will not carry them as a rule, but Wal-Mart and Krogers--they should have them.

Hope you find them.

Texas Teacher
Aug 11, 06 - 8:51 AM
(This is an easy cake, but so good.)

Orange Pineapple Cake

1 Box White Cake Mix (any brand)
1 small can Mandarin oranges
1 large can crushed pineapple
1 small box instant vanilla pudding mix
8 ounces Cool Whip
Shredded Coconut

1. Drain Mandarin oranges well, reserve juice.
2. Mix white cake as directed on the box, substituting the reserved orange juice for all or part of the required water.
3. After the cake has been mixed, fold in the Mandarin oranges.
4. Bake in an oblong cake pan according to the directions on the box.
5. Cool cake completely.
6. Mix pudding mix with the crushed pineapple (including juice) until it thickens.
7. Add Cool Whip and mix well.
8. Frost cake and spread with coconut.

Texas Teacher
Aug 11, 06 - 8:56 AM
Peanut Butter Pie

1 cup confectioner sugar
¾ cup peanut butter
4 ounces softened cream cheese
1-12 ounce container Cool Whip
1-9” graham cracker crust (the chocolate crusts may also be used)

Mix all ingredients together for 3 minutes. Pour into crust. Chill until set.

Born And Raised
Aug 11, 06 - 9:05 AM
Texas Teacher I want to come to your house and have dinner or lunch Just kidding you have some great Recipes.But again they all are great ones.

Texas Teacher
Aug 11, 06 - 9:09 AM
Tortilla Soup

2 cups chicken broth
1 can tomatoes
1 medium onion
1 clove garlic
1 tsp. sugar
½ cup chopped cilantro (optional)
1 pkg. corn tortillas
Monterrey Jack or Cheddar Cheese

1. Combine the tomatoes, onions, garlic, and sugar in a blender or food processor and puree. Empty contents into a pot, add chicken broth and salt to taste. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.

2. Cut corn tortillas into ½ inch strips. Place in a hot skillet with 3 Tbsp. cooking oil. Toss until light brown and crispy. Remove from heat.

3. Place 1 handful of browned strips into a soup bowl. Sprinkle with cheese. Pour hot soup over the cheese and strips and serve at once.

Tom
Aug 12, 06 - 9:16 AM
Drunk Chicken
1 Large Chicken
2 can Beer or soda
olive oil
Your Favorite season
1stick butter
Garlic powder

Wash Bird pat dry rub with olive oil Sprickle with your favorite seaoning. Melt butter add garlic to butter inject butter into bird.
Open 1st beer Take one drink leave about 3/4 of can place can of beer in Chickens Rear end. place bird on good hot grill cover for 90-100min. Open 2nd beer and enjoy while bird cooks

Easy Chicken and Dumplings
(These are not your granny's dumplings, but they are a fair substitute for the beginner cook.)

1 chicken (may be whole or cut up)
Salt, pepper, ground sage to taste
1 package of flour tortillas

Boil chicken in a pot with 6-8 cups of water to which 1 tsp. of salt has been added. When chicken is tender, remove from the water, remove the skin, and debone. Set aside. Continue the broth boiling. Add more salt if needed, pepper, and 1 tsp. ground sage. If the broth is not rich enough, add 1 Tbsp. butter or margarine. Cut the tortillas into 1 inch strips. Drop into broth and cook for a couple minutes. Add the chicken back into the pot and simmer for 5 minutes.
---------------------------------------------------

I still make traditional rolled dumplings, but these are not bad and there is practically no mess.

Quick desert
Heard this one on T.V.show
peal an apple and cut into small pieces
Cut a snicker candy bar into small pieces
Stir into cool whip[about 1/2cup]
This is one serving.Very good.

PS,I have mostly quit cooking,but after reading all these wonderful sounding recipe's I might clean the cob webs off the stove and you know---

Oatmeal Cake

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1 1/4 cups boiling water
1 cup quick oatmeal
1/2 cup margarine

Put margarine in boiling water and pour over oatmeal. Let stand 15 minutes or until cool.

1 1/3 cup plain flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
2 whole large eggs
1 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla

Beat eggs and sugar until creamy. Add dry sifted ingredients to egg mixture. Add oatmeal and water mixture and mix all. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake for approximately 30 minutes.

Topping:

1/2 cup margarine
1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup cream or evaporated milk
1 cup coconut
1/2 cup nuts

Melt first 3 ingredients on top of stove. Add coconut and nuts. Mix and spread on cake. Place under broiler until lightly browned.

Alaska Smoked Salmon Spread
My mom got this when we lived in Alaska.
I'm not much on Salmon but this was pretty good

Ingredients:
1 1/2 lb Alaska Smoked Salmon
2 tsp minced Onion
2 tsp finely chopped Celery
1 clove Garlic, crushed
2 Tbsp finely chopped Sweet Pickle
1 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
1 Tbsp prepared Mustard
1 dash of Worcestershire Sauce
2 Tbsp chopped fresh Parsley

Remove skin and bones from smoked salmon if present. Flake smoked salmon well. Combine with remaining ingredients and chill. Spread on assorted crackers or party breads. Yields about 4 cups.

Butterscotch Pie by Mrs. Harlow Waugh
Taken from Alice Waugh’s Treasured Recipes Cookbook,
(Best butterscotch pie I have ever made.)

6 Tbsp. butter
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup boiling water
3 Tbsp. cornstarch
2 Tbsp. flour
½ tsp. salt
1 2/3 cup milk
3 egg yolks
1 tsp. vanilla
1 baked (9 inch crust)

Combine the butter, sugar, and water. Mix and add the cornstarch, flour, salt, and milk. Beat egg yolks and add to the mixture. Add vanilla. Cook until thickened. Pour into a baked pie crust. Cover with meringue from egg whites and bake until lightly browned at 400 degrees.

Refrigerator Rolls

2 pkg. dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1 1/3 cup soft butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
1 Tbsp. salt
2 cups mashed potatoes
2 cups hot potato water
3 large eggs
9 cups flour

1. Dissolve yeast in the warm water
2. Add butter, sugar, salt, and potatoes to potato water. Cool. Stir in yeast and eggs.
3. Add flour 1 cup at a time.
4. Knead well and place in a buttered bowl.
5. Refrigerate until needed. Remove, form into rolls, let rise until double in size.
6. Bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

Elephant stew

Sep 4th, 2006 - 12:53 AM

1 Medium Elephant
2 rabbits
Salt and Pepper
Cut Elephant into small bite size pieces. Add enough brown gravy to cover. Cook over Kerosene fire about 4 weeks at 460 degrees. This will serve 3,800 people. If more are expected, 2 more rabbits may be added, but do this only in emergency. Most people do not like Hare in their stew.

Moved by Moderator

Sep 4th, 2006 - 8:05 PM Re: Hot Dog Chili and Chili Soup

1 pound hamburger browned(i prefer to cook in water use you hand and squish the hamburger it gives it better texture)drain the hamburger.........between simmer and medium add 2 tablespoon mustard,2 tbsp of hot sauce,2 teaspoon of garlic powder...some salt and pepper.......then add ketchup to taste...its great chili the inlaws love it

Canned Salsa

Sep 3rd, 2006 - 2:36 AM

I like Salsa and everyone knows it's almost $5.oo for a small jar. Try this. Get some Salsa mix, I prefer the Ball brand in the 4oz packs. They make about 7 pints. If you want to make quart jars for partys get 2 packs and it will make about 6 quarts.you will need about 14-15 cups of peeled diced, and seeded tomatoes for each pack. Mine came out mostly juice the first time. The secret here is where it says seeded tomatoes. If you dont seed them, removing the center, then at least drain the juice off of the tomatoes before putting them in the jars. They will make plenty more juice when they cook. You need one cup of cider vinegar per package. If you like yours hot you can add chopped hot peppers out of the garden and even your favorite hot sauce if you like. The pepper will cook down soft also. after you have drained the juice off and added any other spices and your vinegar, cook the ingredients on the stove at a simmer, covered for 5 minutes only. Ladle hot Salsa into your sterile jars leaving 1/4 inch from the top. Cap the jars and process in boiling water bath another 35 minutes.
Call me when your finished, I'll bring the chips

Moved by Moderator

Sep 3rd, 2006 - 8:34 PM Re: gardens ripe

I'm making salsa tomorrow and my recipe is just about the same, but I run my tomatoes through a Vitorio strainer and add chopped, seeded tomatoes, celery, hot peppers, garlic, green peppers, and onions to the mix for a garden salsa. I also can chili mix by running the tomatoes through the strainer, cooking onions, peppers, & garlic in the tomato mixture strain again, and add chili powder, pepper, and brown sugar (as per your taste preference). I pack in pint jars and process. When I make chili, I put a pint in with my home canned tomato soup after browning my ground meat. I am not a Pocahontas native and have never heard of "chili soup" ever! My mom always made chili with celery, onions, green peppers, and kidney beans. She always prepared corn bread muffins, fried potatoes, and plain lettuce with a ranch like dressing. Oh yes - the chili was cooked in a cast iron skillet - I can taste it now!

hot dog weiners and peppers

Sep 4th, 2006 - 12:39 AM

hot dog weiners and peppers

2 Cups Vinegar 3 Cups Sugar
2 Cups Wesson Oil (1 Pint) 1 Tbsp Salt
2 lb Weiners cut into quarters 64 oz Ketchup
2 Gallons Hot Peppers
( I slice mine into rings and take the top inside seeds out just below the stem)

Combine Vinegar, Oil, Sugar, Salt, Ketchup, and Hot Dogs into large Pot. Bring to a light boil and then let simmer for 5 minutes. Add the Peppers and Cook until wilted.
(Hint: I don’t let mine wilt down to much because you are going to cook them some more in the Hot Bath)

Pack into Sterilized Jars and seal with lids. (leave about ½ inch from the top of the jars) Put into a Hot Boiling Water Bath for an additional 10-15 minutes. (I have found that the
New lids they have come out seal better for me if you hot bath about 8 minutes. I have had a lot of lids look like they wrinkle on me from cooking to long in the hot bath. I have found my Green Beans, or anything precooked and already hot, seems to work better at around 8 more minutes than what a recipe calls for.)

I like to add more hot dogs to mine, the kids always pick the hot dogs out of the jar and leave the peppers.

canned hot peppers

Sep 4th, 2006 - 12:41 AM

I like this recipe because it is quick and easy.
It also leaves the peppers crisp which I like

Put in Quart jars: 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp garlic, 3 Tbsp sugar, ½ tsp tumeric, and 1 tsp Alum. Pack peppers into jars. Bring Vinegar to a boil, pour into jars, and seal

Cincinnati Chili
(My students made this in our cooking class, so you know it is easy to make. I was surprised by how good it tasted.)

1 pound ground beef
1 cup chopped green peppers
1/2 cup chopped onions
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp. chili powder
2 cans Campbell's condensed tomato soup
1 can (15 oz.) kidney beans undrained
1 Tbsp. vinegar
1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
Shredded cheddar cheese, chopped green onions, or sour cream for garnish

1. In a 4 quart saucepan over medium heat, cook beef, green peppers, onion, garlic, and chili powder until beef is browned and vegetables are tender, stirring often to separate the meat. Spoon off fat.

2. Stir in soup, kidney beans, vinegar, and cinnamon. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat to low and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve with crackers, or over white rice or spaghetti. Garnish with your choice of toppings. Makes 6 cups.

Paula Deen's White Bean Sandwiches

3 cups leftover cooked white beans (these are best cooked with a ham hock for flavor)
All-purpose flour, enough to bind patties
1 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Mayonnaise
8 slices white bread
1 small onion, sliced into rings
In a medium bowl, coarsely mash beans with a fork and add flour until well combined. Shape bean mixture into 4 patties. Melt butter and oil together in a large skillet over medium heat. Add bean patties, in batches as necessary, and brown on both sides until crispy.
Spread mayonnaise on 2 pieces of white bread. Place bean patty on bread and top with onions. Repeat to make 4 sandwiches.

Pinto Bean Cake

My mom used to make this cake when we were kids and we loved it. However, I lost her recipe and came across this one. I hope it is as good.

1 cup white sugar
1/4 cup butter
1 egg
2 cups cooked pinto beans, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup golden raisins
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/2 cup chopped pecans
2 cups diced apple without peel

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
Cream butter or margarine and sugar together. Add the beaten egg and mix well. Stir in the mashed cooked beans and the vanilla.
Sift the flour, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, ground cloves, and ground allspice together. Add the chopped pecans, golden raisins, and the diced apples to the flour mixture. Stir to coat. Pour flour mixture into the creamed mixture and stir until just combined. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 minutes. Dribble with a simple confectioner's sugar icing and garnish with candied cherries and pecan halves, if desired, or frost with classic cream cheese frosting.

Moved by Moderator

Sep 18th, 2006 - 9:27 PM minced meat and spiced apples

I've never seen a recipe for spiced apples using the leftover mincemeat juices. However minced meat over the years became made out of dried fruits instead of meat. Therefore I guess you could add the mincemeat juices to the peach juices for any spiced peach recipe. There is all kinds of minced meat recipes using different dried fruits, so you can experiment around with your favorite fruits for your taste. Almost all the minced meat recipes include brandy as a main ingredient. As far as mincemeat and peaches together, I did have a few recipes, along with one minced meat recipe. Mixing the flavors of mincemeat with peaches is very popular at christmas time and you can find quite a few pie recipes that include various friut pies, filled with mincemeat. Heres what I had if you would like to add them to your collection. The Festive Peaches recipe is real simple but good and may be close to what you are looking for in a spicy sliced peach recipe. enjoy.

Minced Meat

3 pounds green tomatoes, chopped and drained
1 cup cider vinegar
3 pounds tart apples, chopped
4 pounds firmly-packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons cloves
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup ground suet
1 pound ground venison, elk or beef
2 pounds raisins
2 teaspoons salt
3 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 cup butter or margarine
Rum or brandy to taste
In a large pot over medium-high heat, cover tomatoes with cold water; bring to a boil for 5 minutes. Drain.
Reduce heat to low. Add cider vinegar, apples, brown sugar, cloves, nutmeg, suet, meat, raisins, salt, cinnamon, and butter or margarine; simmer 30 to 45 minutes. Remove from heat; add rum or brandy to taste.
Refrigerate or pack in hot sterile jars and seal.

Peach Mincemeat Pie

Crust for a 2 crust pie.
1-1/2 cups mincemeat
7 peach halves.
Line pie plate with crust. Add mincemeat, top with peach halves rounds up. Add top crust. Sprinkle top with sugar. Bake at 350 about 30 minutes. Serve with dollops of whipped cream topping. Serves up to 6.
450g (1lb) Mincemeat
1 Medium Tin Sliced peaches
110g (4oz) Flour
50g (2oz) Margarine
50g (2oz) Ground almonds
50g (2oz) Demerara sugar
Glace cherries
Preheat oven to 200°C; 400°F: Gas 6.
To make the crumble mixture, sieve the flour into a bowl and rub in the margarine until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
Add the ground almonds and the sugar.
Place the mincemeat in an ovenproof dish and cover with the drained sliced peaches. Reserve 8 peach slices for decoration.
Top the dish with the crumble mixture and bake for 25-30 minutes until the crumble is golden brown.
Decorate with the reserved peach slices and the glace cherries.
Serve hot with custard or cream.
Serves 4

Festive peaches

410 g peach halves, drained, but retain syrup
500 g fruit mincemeat
65 ml brandy
ice cream to serve
1. Place peaches in an ovenproof dish. 2. Use sufficient fruit mincemeat to fill peach cavities. 3. Pour peach syrup over peaches. 4. Bake at 180 ºC for 10 minutes. 5. Warm brandy and pour over peaches. 6. Ignite and serve with ice cream.

Moved by Moderator

Sep 19th, 2006 - 8:58 PM Re: Recipie

I found this recipe searching for (mincemeat, peaches). Not sure if this is the same recipe but it is the only one that came up with mincemeat. Didn't find any with mincemeat juices.

spiced peaches

3 1-quart canning jars
8 c brown sugar, packed
4 cinnamon sticks
4 whole cloves
6 pounds peaches
2-3/4 cups cider vinegar
1 cn (10 oz) mincemeat
1-1/3c apricot or peach brandy

* Use additional cloves and cinnamon sticks for spicier peaches. This recipe
calls for 24 medium-sized peaches, which is about 6 pounds total weight.

1. Place into a large heavy kettle or sauce pan: sugar, cider vinegar, and brandy. Tie cinnamon sticks and 4 teaspoons of whole cloves in a double thickness of cheesecloth; add to the saucepan.
2. Place pan over medium heat and stir until sugar is dissolved. Bring to boiling, cover, and boil for five minutes. Uncover and boil five minutes
longer.
3. While sugar mixture is boiling, prepare peaches. Have a large pot of water boiling rapidly. Wash peaches, and working with 7 to 8 peaches at a
time, plunge them into the boiling water. Immediately plunge into cold water and gently slip off the skins. Leave peaches whole or cut in half and remove pit. Whole peaches are the usual southern tradition.
4. Insert a whole clove into each peach, or for spicier peaches insert several cloves. Add peaches to hot syrup. Bring syrup to boiling again and add peaches and mincemeat, simmer for 10 minutes or until peaches are tender.
5. Quickly drain one sterilized jar. Pack hot peaches into jar, adding a cinnamon stick for spicier flavor. Cover top with waxed paper and set aside while preparing 2nd and 3rd jar. Repeat steps 3 through 5 with 7 to 8 more peaches for 2nd jar. Repeat again for 3rd jar.
6. Bring syrup to boiling and pour into jars to within 1/2 inch of top. Wipe away any food about fill line and on rim of jar; immediately seal.

Yield: about 3 quarts.

Old Vermont Mince Meat

Cover and cook until tender - 3 lbs. beef and 4 qts. water. Then put through grinder: 2 qts. apples, 1 qt. cut meat, 1 pkg. seeded raisins and 1 pkg. currants. Add: 1 qt. canned sour cherries, 1 pt. bottled boiled cider, 2 tbsp. cinnamon, 2 tbsp. ground cloves, 1 lb. brown sugar, 1 heaping cup of cut suet, 1/4 lb. citron (cut), 1/4 lb. cindied orange peel, 1 tbsp. lemon juice, 1/3 cup molasses, 8 cups meat stock. Cook until thick - about 1 hr. Makes 4 qts. Recipe copied from Mary Ann Boushey from the "Out of Vermont Kitchens" cookbook.

Vegan Banana Bread

Just tried this very easy to make recipe for the first time today. Turned out great—almost as good as Grandma’s used to be. I increased the amount of sugar by a few sprinkles, used black walnuts found naturally on our property and only needed to bake about 45 minutes. Bon appetite!

Vegan Banana Bread

3 medium bananas
2 tbsps olive oil
2 cups flour
1/3 cup sugar
1/3 cup molasses
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a loaf pan. Mix the mashed bananas and oil in a large bowl. Stir in the flour, molasses, sugar, salt, and baking soda. Mix in the nuts. Pour the well blended batter into the greased pan and bake for one hour. Remove and let cool.

Some one was looking for canning Recipes
http://www.mountain-breeze.com/kitchen/canning/
Try this site!!!!

To:Eccentric Backwoods Recluse

Here is one that is as close as I can find. Hope it works for you!

STARTER:
1 c. hot water
3/4 c. sugar
3 tsp. instant potato flakes

Feed starter every 3 to 5 days the ingredients listed.** Let stand uncovered for at least 8 hours at room temperature. Stir and use 1 cup to make bread.BREAD:
1 c. starter
1 1/2 c. hot water
1/2 c. cooking oil
1/2 c. sugar (use 1/3 cup, if you
prefer)

Stir and mix well. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let stand at least 8 hours at room temperature. After 8 hours, remove dough and knead on floured surface until easy to handle. Divide into 3 equal sections and shape into loaves. Place in greased loaf pans and let rise about 4 to 8 hours (or until bread has risen about 1/2" above pan). Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans and cool on paper towels. NOTE: Makes excellent cinnamon toast.

APPLESAUCE CAKE (need to double everything for a Bundt pan)

1 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. liquid shortening
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1 c. apple sauce, mixed with 1 tsp.
soda
1 1/3 c. plain flour
Dash salt
1/2 c. raisins(opt)
1/2 c. nuts(opt)

Mix all together and bake at 300 degrees for 1 hour, or til done.
(I bake it about 75 minutes)
very moist cake

To:Eccentric Backwoods Recluse

Sourdough starter

2 c. thick potato water
2 tbsp. sugar
2 c. flour, approximately

Boil one large peeled and cubed baking type potato in enough water to cover until very soft and falling apart. Mash well. To make a smooth puree. Let cool. Add more water if needed to make 2 cups. In non metal bowl and using a wooden spoon, beat in 2 tablespoons sugar and just enough flour to make a smooth creamy batter. Cover and set in warm draft free spot to start fermenting. After a few days it will start showing signs of working. Feed it 2 tablespoon flour and sugar once a week to keep it alive. Always leave 1/2 to 1 cup when using and add more sugar, flour and water to keep it going and building a new batch.

Sorry Eccentric Backwoods Recluse, maybe this will be more useful to you

Sandy's Carmel Corn

1 cup butter
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
8 quarts of popped corn

Preheat oven to 200 degrees F.
Over medium heat, combine first 4 ingredients and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in baking soda. Stir well. Pour over 8 quarts popped corn. Stir to coat well. Bake in large roaster or pan for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on waxed paper to dry.

This is an easy dessert that will impress your family and friends. YUMMY!
MILE HIGH TURTLE ICE CREAM PIE:
1 cup chocolate cookie crumbs, about 40 cookies.
1/4 cup butter or oleo, melted and cooled
2 pints of a caramel flavored ice cream, I use Haagen-Dazs dulce de leche
1 cup of caramel sauce- that can be located in the ice cream section of the grocery store along with the chocolate sauces etc.
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans, toasted and divided
1 pint of chocolate ice cream, softened
1 (7 ounce) can of whipped cream like Redi-Whip

Combine crumbs and melted butter in a mixing bowl and stir well. Press crumbs in the bottom of a 9"x3" springform pan. Or a deep dish pie plate. Bake at 325* for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
Spoon 1 pint of the caramel ice cream into cooled crust and spread evenly. Drizzle 1/3 cup of caramel sauce over ice cream and sprinkle with 3/4 cup chopped pecans. Freeze 15 minutes or until ice cream is almost firm. Repeat procedure with the chocolate ice cream, 1/3 cup caramel sauce and remaining pecans; freeze until almost firm. Top with the other pint of the caramel ice cream and 1/3 cup of caramel sauce. Cover and freeze 6 hours or up to 2 weeks in advance. Before serving, remove sides and bottom of springform pan and transfer to a serving platter. (if the dessert is in a deep dish pie plate, just let it thaw a little before serving). Top with the whipped cream and drizzle with more caramel sauce.
Don't, I repeat DO NOT get on the bathroom scales the next day after eating this pie.

Moved by Moderator

Oct 5, 06 - 7:16 PM

Old Fashioned Recipes for Making Preserves

HOW TO MAKE PRESERVES
OF VARIOUS KINDS

APPLE JAM.--Fill a wide jar nearly half full of water; cut the apples unpeeled into quarters, take out the core, then fill the jar with the apples; tie a paper over it, and put it into a slow oven. When quite soft and cool, pulp them through a sieve. To each pound of pulp put three-quarters of a pound of crushed sugar, and boil it gently until it will jelly. Put it into large tart dishes or jars. It will keep for five or more years in a cool, dry place. If for present use, or a month hence, half a pound of sugar is enough.

APPLE MARMALADE.--Scald apples till they will pulp from the core; then take an equal weight of sugar in large lumps, just dip them in water, and boil it till it can be well skimmed, and is a thick syrup, put to it the pulp, and simmer it on a quick fire a quarter of an hour. Grate a little lemon-peel before boiled, but if too much it will be bitter.

BARBERRY JAM.--The barberries for this preserve should be quite ripe, though they should not be allowed to hang until they begin to decay. Strip them from the stalks; throw aside such as are spotted, and for one pound of fruit allow eighteen ounces well-refined sugar; boil this, with about a pint of water to every four pounds, until it becomes white, and falls in thick masses from the spoon; then throw in the fruit, and keep it stirred over a brisk fire for six minutes only; take off the scum, and pour it into jars or glasses. Sugar four and a half pounds; water a pint and a quarter, boil to candy height; barberries four pounds; six minutes.

HOW TO PRESERVE BLACK CURRANTS.--Get the currants when they are dry, and pick them; to every 1-1/4 lbs. of currants put 1 lb. of sugar into a preserving pan, with as much juice of currants as will dissolve it; when it boils skim it, and put in the currants, and boil them till they are clear; put them into a jar, lay brandy paper over them, tie them down, and keep in a dry place. A little raspberry juice is an improvement.

CHERRY JAM.--Pick and stone 4 lbs. of May-duke cherries; press them through a sieve; then boil together half a pint of red currant or raspberry juice, and 3/4 lb. of white sugar, put the cherries into them while boiling; add 1 lb. of fine white sugar. Boil quickly 35 minutes, jar, and cover well.

CHERRY MARMALADE.--Take some very ripe cherries; cut off the stalks and take out the stones; crush them and boil them well; put them into a hand sieve, and force them through with a spatula, till the whole is pressed through and nothing remains but the skins; put it again upon the fire to dry; when reduced to half weigh it, and add an equal weight of sugar; boil again; and when it threads between the fingers, it is finished.

HOW TO PRESERVE CURRANTS FOR TARTS.--Let the currants be ripe, dry and well picked. To every 1-1/4 lbs. of currants put 1 lb. of sugar into a preserving pan with as much juice of currants as will dissolve it; when it boils skim it, and put in the currants; boil till clear; jar, and put brandy-paper over; tie down; keep in a dry place.

HOW TO PRESERVE GRAPES.--Into an air-tight cask put a layer of bran dried in an oven; upon this place a layer of grapes, well dried, and not quite ripe, and so on alternately till the barrel is filled; end with bran, and close air-tight; they will keep 9 or 10 months. To restore them to their original freshness, cut the end off each bunch stalk, and put into wine, like flowers. Or, Bunches of grapes may be preserved through winter by inserting the end of the stem into a potato. The bunches should be laid on dry straw,and turned occasionally.

HOW TO PRESERVE GREEN GAGES.--Choose the largest when they begin to soften; split them without paring; strew upon them part of the sugar. Blanch the kernels with a sharp knife. Next day pour the syrup fromthe fruit, and boil it with the other sugar six or eight minutes gently; skim and add the plums and kernels. Simmer till clear, taking off the scum; put the fruit singly into small pots, and pour the syrup and kernels to it. To candy it, do not add the syrup, but observe the directions given for candying fruit; some may be done each way.

GREEN GAGE JAM.--Peel and take out the stones. To 1 lb. of pulp put 3/4 lb. loaf sugar; boil half an hour; add lemon juice.

TRANSPARENTLY BEAUTIFUL MARMALADE.--Take 3 lbs. bitter oranges; pare them as you would potatoes; cut the skin into fine shreds, and put them into a muslin bag; quarter all the oranges; press out the juice. Boil the pulp and shreds in three quarts of water 2-1/2 hours, down to three pints; strain through a hair sieve. Then put six pounds of sugar to the liquid, the juice and the shreds, the outside of two lemons grated, and the insides squeezed in; add three cents worth of isinglass. Simmer altogether slowly for 15 or 20 minutes.

TOMATO MARMALADE.--Take ripe tomatoes in the height of the season; weigh them, and to every pound of tomatoes add one pound of sugar. Put the tomatoes into a large pan or small tub, and scald them with boiling water, so as to make the skin peel off easily; When you have entirely removed the skin, put the tomatoes (without any water) into a preserving kettle, wash them, and add the sugar, with one ounce of powdered ginger to every three pounds of fruit, and the juice of
two lemons, the grated rind of three always to every three pounds of fruit. Stir up the whole together, and set it over a moderate fire. Boil it gently for two or three hours; till the whole becomes a thick, smooth mass, skimming it well, and stirring it to the bottom after every skimming. When done, put it warm into jars, and cover tightly. This will be found a very fine sweetmeat.

HOW TO PRESERVE GREEN PEAS.--Shell, and put them into a kettle of water when it boils; give them two or three warms only, and pour them in a colander. Drain, and turn them out on a cloth, and then on another to dry perfectly. When dry bottle them in wide mouthed bottles; leaving only room to pour clarified mutton suet upon them an inch thick, and for the cork. Rosin it down; and keep in the cellar, or in the earth, as directed for gooseberries. When they are to be used, boil them till tender, with a bit of butter, a spoonful of sugar, and a bit of mint.

HOW TO PRESERVE GREEN PEAS FOR WINTER USE.--Carefully shell the peas; then place them in the canister, not too large ones; put in a small piece of alum, about the size of a horse-bean to a pint of peas. When the canister is full of peas, fill up the interstices with water, and solder on the lid perfectly air-tight, and boil the canisters for about twenty minutes; then remove them to a cool place, and by the time of January they will be found but little inferior to fresh, new-gathered peas. Bottling is not so good; at least, we have not found it so; for the air gets in, the liquid turns sour, and the peas acquire a bad taste.

HOW TO KEEP PRESERVES.--Apply the white of an egg, with a brush, to a single thickness of white tissue paper, with which covers the jars,lapping over an inch or two. It will require no tying, as it will become, when dry, inconceivably tight and strong, and impervious to the air.

QUINCES FOR THE TEA-TABLE.--Bake ripe quinces thoroughly; when cold, strip off the skins, place them in a glass dish, and sprinkle with white sugar, and serve them with cream. They make a fine looking dish for the tea-table, and a more luscious and inexpensive one than the same fruit made into sweetmeats. Those who once taste the fruit thus prepared, will probably desire to store away a few bushels in the fall to use in the above manner.

PICKLED PEARS.--Three pounds of sugar to a pint of vinegar, spice in a bag and boil, then cook the pears in the vinegar till done through.

BOILED PEARS.--Boil pears in water till soft, then add one pound of sugar to three pounds of fruit.

PICKLED CITRON.--One quart vinegar, two pounds sugar, cloves and cinnamon each one tablespoon, boil the citron tender in water, take them out and drain, then put them in the syrup and cook till done.

HOW TO PRESERVE RASPBERRIES.--Take raspberries that are not too ripe, and put them to their weight in sugar, with a little water. Boil softly, and do not break them; when they are clear, take them up, and boil the syrup till it be thick enough; then put them in again, and when they are cold, put them in glasses or jars.

RASPBERRY JAM.--One pound sugar to four pounds fruit, with a few currants.

SPICED CURRANTS.--Six pounds currants, four pounds sugar, two tablespoons cloves and two of cinnamon, and one pint of vinegar; boil two hours until quite thick.

STEWED PEARS--Pare and halve or quarter a dozen pears, according to their size; carefully remove the cores, but leave the sloths on. Place them in a clean baking-jar, with a closely fitting lid; add to them the rind of one lemon, cut in strips, and the juice of half a lemon, six cloves, and whole allspice, according to discretion. Put in just enough water to cover the whole, and allow half a pound of loaf-sugar to every pint. Cover down close, and bake in a very cool oven for five hours, or stew them very gently in a lined saucepan from three to four hours. When done, lift them out on a glass dish without breaking them; boil up the syrup quickly for two or three minutes; let it cool a little, and pour it over the pears. A little cochineal greatly enhances the appearance of the fruit; you may add a few drops of prepared cochineal; and a little port wine is often used, and much improves the flavor.

HOW TO PRESERVE WHOLE STRAWBERRIES--Take equal weights of the fruit and refined sugar, lay the former in a large dish, and sprinkle half the sugar in fine powder over, give a gentle shake to the dish that the sugar may touch the whole of the fruit; next day make a thin syrup with the remainder of the sugar, and instead of water allow one pint of red currant juice to every pound of strawberries; in this simmer them until sufficiently jellied. Choose the largest scarlets, or others when not dead ripe.

HOW TO PRESERVE STRAWBERRIES IN WINE--Put a quantity of the finest large strawberries into a gooseberry-bottle, and strew in three large spoonfuls of fine sugar; fill up with Madeira
wine or fine sherry.

PRESERVED TOMATOES--One pound of sugar to one pound of ripe tomatoes boiled down; flavor with lemon.

COLE SLAW DRESSING

1 cup Miracle Whip
2 tablespoons vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Mix all together and pour over grated cabbage, onions, green peppers and carrots.

This is my Southern Cole Slaw recipe. Please try it...you won't be sorry!

8 cups of very finely chopped cabbage (1 head) OR
1 large package of already prepared cabbage and carrot slaw mix found in the produce section of your market (I use Dole's)
1/4 cup shredded carrot
2 Tablespoons minced sweet onion
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonnaise (do not use miracle whip)
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 Tablespoon white vinegar
2 1/2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Be sure that the cabbage, carrot and onion are chopped up into very fine pieces and place in a large mixing bowl. Set aside. Combine the sugar, salt, pepper, milk, mayonnaise, buttermilk, vinegar and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and beat until smooth. (I use my food processor but a whisk will work just as well) Pour the milk mixture over the cabbage, carrots and onions. Mix well and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.

Imitation Kentucky Fried Chicken- Original Recipe version. You fry this chicken using a pressure cooker, so it is not for the faint-hearted! PLEASE read the warning at the end of the recipe about frying in pressure cookers.
6 cups of Crisco cooking oil, or peanut oil which will tolerate higher temps.
1 egg, beaten
2 cups milk
2 cups all-purpose flour
4 Tablespoons salt
2 teaspoons black pepper
1 teaspoon Accent Flavor Enhancer
2 frying chickens with skin, each cut into 8 pieces
Step 1. Pour the oil into the pressure cooker and heat over medium heat to about 400*F. (use a deep frying thermometer)
2. In a small bowl, combine the egg and milk and mix well.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining four dry ingredients.
4. Dip each piece of chicken into the milk until fully moistened.
5. Roll the moistened chicken in the flour mixture until completely coated.
6. In groups of 4 or 5, drop the covered chicken pieces into the oil. Place the larger pieces on the bottom and put smaller pieces on the top, or do breasts with thighs/ legs with wings.
7. Lock pressure cooker lid in place.
When steam begins shooting through the pressure release, set a timer for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, release the pressure according to manufacturer's instructions. Remove the chicken to paper towels or a metal rack to drain. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
WARNING!!!!Some manufacturers of pressure cookers have discouraged frying in their products and warn that doing so could be hazardous. Please check the booklet that came with your cooker before trying this recipe. The alternative is to pan fry or deep fry the chicken for roughly double the specified cooking time, or until the chicken is golden brown.

POTATO - PEANUT BUTTER CANDY

1 sm. potato, boiled & peeled
1-2 lb. pkg. confectioners' sugar
Peanut butter

Mash potato and start adding the confectioners' sugar. The potato will become almost liquid. Keep adding confectioners' sugar until firm enough to make a large ball. Roll mixture on a pastry sheet. Spread with peanut butter. More confectioners' sugar may be added to keep it from sticking to the rolling pin. Then, roll up as a jelly roll. Refrigerate for 1 hour and slice in thin pieces.

Halloween Kitty Litter Cake

Halloween Kitty Litter cake !!

CAKE INGREDIENTS:
1 box spice or German chocolate cake mix
1 box of white cake mix
1 package white sandwich cookies
1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix
A few drops green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls or equivalent

SERVING "DISHES AND UTENSILS"
1 NEW cat-litter box
1 NEW cat-litter box liner
1 NEW pooper scooper

1) Prepare and bake cake mixes, according to directions, in any size pan. Prepare pudding and chill. Crumble cookies in small batches in blender or food processor. Add a few drops of green food coloring to 1 cup of cookie crumbs. Mix with a fork or shake in a jar. Set aside.

2) When cakes are at room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl. Toss with half of the remaining cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make the mixture moist but not soggy. Place liner in litter box and pour in mixture.

3) Unwrap 3 Tootsie Rolls and heat in a microwave until soft and pliable. Shape
the blunt ends into slightly curved point s. Repeat with three more rolls. Bury the rolls decoratively in the cake mixture. Sprinkle remaining white cookie crumbs over the mixture, then scatter green crumbs lightly over top.

4) Heat 5 more Tootsie Rolls until almost melted. Scrape them on top of the cake and sprinkle with crumbs from the litter box. Heat the remaining Tootsie Roll until pliable and hang it over the edge of the box. Place box on a sheet of newspaper and serve with scooper. Enjoy!

pictures of the finished cake can be seen here

http://images.google.com/images?q=kitty+litter+cake&hl=en&lr=&sa=X&oi=images&ct=title

Something New

Instructions for Microsoft's New TV Dinner Product:

You must first remove the plastic cover. By doing so you agree to accept and honor Microsoft rights to all TV dinners. You may not give anyone else a bite of your dinner (which would constitute an infringement of Microsoft's rights). You may, however, let others
smell and look at your dinner and are encouraged to tell them how good it is.

If you have a PC microwave oven, insert the dinner into the oven. Set the oven using these keystrokes:

mstv.dinn.//08.5min@50%heat

Then enter:

ms//start.cook_dindin/yummy|/yum~yum:-)gohot#cookme.

If you have a Macintosh microwave oven, insert the dinner and press start. The oven will set itself and cook the dinner.

If you have a Unix microwave oven, insert the dinner, enter the ingredients of the dinner found on the package label, the weight of the dinner, and the desired level of cooking and press start. The oven will calculate the time and heat and cook the dinner
exactly to your specification.

Be forewarned that Microsoft dinners may crash, in which case your oven must be restarted. This is a simple procedure.

Remove the dinner from the oven and enter:

ms.no****.good/tryagainagain/again.crap

This process may have to be repeated. Try unplugging the microwave and then doing a cold reboot. If this doesn't work, contact your oven vendor. The oven itself is obviously on the blink.

Many users have reported that the dinner tray is far too big, larger than the dinner itself, having many useless compartments, most of which are empty. These are for future menu items. If the tray is too large to fit in your oven, you will need to upgrade your equipment. Dinners are only available from registered outlets, and only the chicken variety is currently produced. If you want another variety, call Microsoft Help and they will explain that you really don't want
another variety. Microsoft Chicken is all you really need. Microsoft has disclosed plans to discontinue all smaller versions of their chicken dinners. Future releases will only be in the larger family size. Excess chicken may be stored for future use, but must be saved only in Microsoft approved packaging.

Microsoft promises a dessert with every dinner after '98. However, that version has yet to be released. Users have permission to get thrilled in advance.

Microsoft dinners may be incompatible with other dinners in the freezer, causing your freezer to self-defrost. This is a feature, not a bug. Your freezer probably should have been defrosted anyway.

One of the benefits hunters and anglers enjoy from their adventures is the opportunity to eat what they catch and kill. It is hard to explain to a non-consumptive outdoors person the feeling of pride and satisfaction we receive when we sit down to feast on fine venison or fresh fish. At our dinner table we exchange lots of great memories of the outings that have produced so many meals.

For most Americans the closest they come to fresh meat is in their local grocery store. The consumer gives little thought as to where the meat actually came from. More importantly the average American doesn’t appreciate the effort it took to ultimately get the meat ready for purchase in the store. Sadly, to lots of folks they simply believe their meat comes from the store. But outdoors people know better.

There are many fine restaurants around the country that specialize in serving wild game. Customers will usually pay premium prices for these fine meals. I have eaten at some of these specialty restaurants and have tested some mighty fine recipes. Yes, their chefs do a good job of it, but I would put some of our wild game up against theirs any day. There are countless wild game cookbooks and our family has more than we could possibly use. But we will read them and from time to time experiment with new dishes.

Years ago, I thought that we had found the best way to prepare venison back strap. For our family, it was always thinly cut, lightly battered and fried. Simple to do and hard to mess up.

Recently, I learned of a new way to cook back strap. Although it may sound very unusual, it is out of this world. Here is how to do it. Cut back straps a full 2” thick and place them in your favorite marinade,
Remove marinated meat and drain excess liquid from the meat. Wrap cut of meat with bacon. Then sprinkle the upper side with garlic salt. Next, take pulverized freeze-dried instant coffee crystals and lightly dust the salted side. Allow to sit for 20 minutes or until the coffee turns like chocolate syrup. Then turn meat over and do the same on the other side.

Cook over a medium fire for six minutes per side for medium rare, longer for medium or well done. I know this sounds odd, but it will be an unbelievable piece of meat. The garlic salt draws out the blood and the coffee causes it to form a coating that will help the meat retain its moisture.

With this recipe we have come up with a new family favorite. Just another way to enjoy a successful hunt. By the way, I am far from being considered a good cook. Just ask my wife. But with this recipe, it is hard to do it wrong.

If you have any pumpkin left try this
Pumpkin Fudge

2 cups sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup butter
2/3 cup evaporated milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 (12 ounce) package white chocolate chips
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1 cup chopped pecans
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

In a heavy saucepan, combine the first 6 ingredients; heat over medium heat until sugar dissolves, stirring frequently.

Continue heating until mixture begins to boil, stirring constantly. Continue boiling until candy thermometer reaches soft-ball stage (234-243 degrees).

Remove pan from heat; stir in chocolate chips until melted. Add in remaining ingredients; stir to mix well.

Pour into a buttered 13x9 inch baking pan; cool to room temperature.

Cut into squares; store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container.

Makes about 5 dozen squares, enjoy
BOO!!!

Halloween Chili

Halloween Chili

1 1/4 Pounds ground goblin gizzards (ground beef 15% fat)
1 Medium eye of Cyclops (onion)
1 15 Oz. Can soft shelled beetles (kidney beans)
1 28 Oz. Can blood of bat (V-8 juice)
1/8 Teaspoon pureed wasp (prepared mustard)
1/4 Teaspoon common dried weed (oregano)
1 Dash Redtailed hawk toenails (crushed red pepper)
2 Teaspoons ground sumac blossom (chili powder)
1 Teaspoon hemlock (honey or sugar)
1/2 Cup fresh grubs (sliced celery)
1 Tablespoon eye of Newt (pearled barley)
1 Tablespoon dried maggots (uncooked rice)
Water from a stagnant pond (tap water)

1. Brown the gizzards
2. add chopped eye of cyclops and simmer until the pieces of eye become translucent
3. add blood of bat and soft shelled beetles, bring to a slow bubbling boil.
4. add the common weed, maggots, toenails, sumac, grubs, hemlock, eye of newt and the pureed wasp.

Bring to a boil and then let simmer until the goblins come home

Coming soon

If The Sewer gets approved

Sharp's Store Sewer Surprise

1/2 cup lime jell-O
Whipped Topping or Whipped Cream
Chocolate Chips
Waffle, Toasted

1. With a serving glass, cut a toasted waffle to the size of the top of the glass by turning a glass upside down on top of the waffle and twisting.
2. Mix up 1 pkg. of lime gelatin as directed on pkg. but do not refrigerate
3. Blend 1/2 cup of lime gelatin with 1/2 cup of whip topping and pour into serving glass.
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top or mix them in with the jello and whip topping.
5. Place waffle on top for the manhole cover and serve.

Surveys show that it will be very popular at County Commissioner Meetings.

Re: PARIS DRESSING

IS THIS IT?

Paris Dressing
1 can tomato soup
1 1/2 c salad oil
3/4 c. sugar
3/4 c. vinegar
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. dry mustard
2 tsp. onion minced
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 clove garlic crushed
1 tsp. celery seed

MIX WELL AND SERVE CHILLED ON SALAD GREENS

SWEET TEA

INGREDIENTS
2 cups sugar
1/2 gallon water
1 tray ice cubes
3 family sized teabags of orange pekoe tea
3 cups cold water, or as needed
DIRECTIONS
Pour the sugar into a large pitcher. Bring water to a boil in a large pan. When the water begins to boil, remove from the heat, and place the teabags in. Let steep for 5 to 6 minutes.
Remove tea bags, and return tea to the heat. Bring just to a boil, then pour into the pitcher, and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Fill the pitcher half way with ice, and stir until most of it melts. Then fill the pitcher the rest of the way with cold water, and stir until blended.

(I got this recipe off the web, but it is exactly like the salad I make, but I didn't use the whipped cream. However, I plan to try it this way for Thanksgiving.

Waldorf Salad

2 cups chopped apples
1 1/2 lemons, juiced
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup raisins
1/4 cup seedless grapes, halved
1/2 cup heavy cream, whipped
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 pinch ground nutmeg
DIRECTIONS
In a salad bowl, toss together the apples, lemon juice, celery, walnuts, raisins and grapes.
In a separate bowl, fold together the whipped cream and mayonnaise; add to salad and mix well. Sprinkle with nutmeg and chill before serving.

Waldorf Salad
I use red and yellow apples 2 each chopped
1/2 cup raisons
around 1 cup grapes
small jar marcherries drained
1/2 cup chopped celery
walnuts 3/4 cup chopped
sprinkle of salt
and mayonnaine prefered Krafts Every body in my family likes this recipe. I don't really measure the stuff I use my own judgement as to how much stuff to add. These measurement are a guess at how much to use. Soryy for any misspelled words

Here is a recipe for a cooked salad dressing that my farmily and I have used for years. It is good on water cress, garden lettuce in the spring, and the waldorf salad. I don't use the grapes in my salad, and you can add or delete anything in the salad. But I do love the apple salad.
2 eggs beaten
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup of vinegar
1/4 cup water
1 teaspoon salt
1 large Tablespoon flour, and that should be shaken with the water, or it may me lumpy if not.
Cook, while stiring constantly until it comes to a boil. Store in the Refrig.

Ranch Cheese Ball for the Holidays!

2 things of cream cheese
Package Hidden valley ranch dressing mix
1 thing of dried beef
1 pack of shredded mild chedder

Let your cream cheese get room temp. It will mix better.

Chop up your dried beef into small pieces.

Mix your Hidden valley ranch mix your shredded cheese and a little beef into the cream cheese.

Roll your mixture into ball. Roll the ball into the rest of your left over beef.

FAST AND YUMMY!!!!

Try this one. It was passed down through Pocahontas County from my aunt now deceased.

Salt Rising Bread

The Starter: 2 Cups boiling water
2 Tbsp sugar 3 medium potatoes sliced
3 Tbsp yellow plain cornmeal in a quart jar
1 tsp baking powder ½ tsp soda
Starter: Mix all the above ingredients in a jar and keep in a warm place until morning. There should be an inch or more of foam on top. If not, place jar in kettle of warm (not hot) water until it foams. Then use all the liquid and foam in the jar, add 2 Cups warm water, 2 tsp salt, ½ tsp baking powder, ¼ tsp soda, 4 Tbsp sugar, and 4 Tbsp melted shortening. Mix enough flour with this to make a thick batter. Let batter rise until it is doubled in size. Once doubled in size, add enough flour to make stiff dough. Knead well (15 to 20 minutes). Make into loaves and place into greased pans and let rise until double in size. Bake at 350 degrees until done.

1 2 3
contact e-tater@hotmail.com

Top And Bottom Banners Available, Contact Us For Details!